PedalMax or Pedal Commander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personal opinion aside, that doesn’t make it better, though. That’s just what you like. But all my point simply was, was just how most people forget to include that very important part, “in my opinion”. But then again, it’s hard to ask what’s the best because like I said, what you may find as the best, may not be what the OP feels as the best.

I’ve never tried a PedalMax so I can’t speak about it but I’m with you, I like being able to control my PC with my phone. But, if that PedalMax would a lot less throw my CEL when I sometimes change setting, I’d probly like it better than the PC. That’s pretty much the only reason why I carry my code scanner all the time is specifically for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm. Didnt know these things throw codes... Never heard that.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It really doesn’t even matter to ask which ones better because only unless one was actually truly better than the other one, would it essentially be better. Asking a bunch of people what is better is truly only subjective anyway because that’s how the mentality of most people works. It’s like they’re incapable of differentiating between what they like, and everyone else likes so it’s like they automatically expect by default that you’ll like what they like.

But I haven’t even heard of that other product.

Basically, forum input is all part of the research on my end to make my own decision. Not just on the PC/PM. I like input from people who have first hand knowledge of something. For better for worse..
Then with my other means of research on whatever it is.. come to my own conclusion..

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well personally I like the pedal commander because of the convenience that you can stick it under your dash out of sight and still change settings through your phone. e5bf060b150c9146d507cadde5e88369.jpg

Yea.. this was big factor

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm. Didnt know these things throw codes... Never heard that.

They can and they have, if you try to change setting while driving, or even a few times if you’re just sitting still, in park, idling with no throttle input whatsoever, or if you try to change to the eco mode setting which is actually a lot less responsive than stock, been there, done that.

As I said, that’s why my code scanner/reader gets carried with me all the time in case I do make a change and it trips the CEL.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Basically, forum input is all part of the research on my end to make my own decision. Not just on the PC/PM. I like input from people who have first hand knowledge of something. For better for worse..
Then with my other means of research on whatever it is.. come to my own conclusion..

Oh I know, these forums are great for research, but since someone else already touched on it first, it’s really kinda hard to say what’s truly the best.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine has never thrown a code and I change mine while I'm driving.

How old is your truck? Maybe this is just a newer-truck thing, I dunno.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How old is your truck? Maybe this is just a newer-truck thing, I dunno.

It's a 2019 and about 1 1/2 years old.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a 2019 and about 1 1/2 years old.

Maybe the 5th-gens aren’t as prone to it, I dunno. All I know is, it’s happened to mine several times upon changing from one setting to another. It’s not as risky if you’re stopped, idling, transmission in park, and foot off the gas pedal but if you try to change mine while driving down the road, it’ll trip that throttle sensor code every time. Consider yourself lucky if you can truly change yours on the fly like that.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe the 5th-gens aren’t as prone to it, I dunno. All I know is, it’s happened to mine several times upon changing from one setting to another. It’s not as risky if you’re stopped, idling, transmission in park, and foot off the gas pedal but if you try to change mine while driving down the road, it’ll trip that throttle sensor code every time. Consider yourself lucky if you can truly change yours on the fly like that.

I do it all of the time. Sometimes I just want to feel the oomp from the power train

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Do you have the keyless entry. Of so the directions tell you not to have it within 35 feet of the truck when installing or it might throw a code. You can also disconnect the battery and open the door so the power drains from the system and then hook it back up and see if that might fix the problem

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
$70 China eBay special

92010221-98E1-4F12-89E3-BDE54BEA75E4.jpeg

$300 for an input signal booster is insane.

OP
OP
Nationaljan

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They can and they have, if you try to change setting while driving, or even a few times if you’re just sitting still, in park, idling with no throttle input whatsoever, or if you try to change to the eco mode setting which is actually a lot less responsive than stock, been there, done that.

As I said, that’s why my code scanner/reader gets carried with me all the time in case I do make a change and it trips the CEL.

You have a link to the scanner/reader? What yr is your truck. I have 2019

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the keyless entry. Of so the directions tell you not to have it within 35 feet of the truck when installing or it might throw a code. You can also disconnect the battery and open the door so the power drains from the system and then hook it back up and see if that might fix the problem

Yes, I do have keyless entry. I have a Limited so, there really isn’t a whole lot of bells and whistles my truck doesn’t have but after looking at the instructions, I think what you’re talking about when you brought up the key fob being too close, is for the potential of throwing a code during installation, not while using it because from what I gathered, you need to make sure the pcm is completely off before you disconnect the wiring harness from the throttle pedal because if you have the passive entry- not necessarily the key less entry, just having the fob within range of the vehicle will activate the computer in the truck, making it more likely to throw a code when you unplug the pedal even though you have the ignition off.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Check out the hike-it x9. They are 199.00 but probably a discount code floating out there somewhere. I have one on my truck and one on wife’s wrangler. Haven’t had an issue with either so far. While they do not provide any extra horsepower it’s a completely different feel for the acceleration. I recommend one no matter the brand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf