Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yyuu1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I have a 2015 ecodiesel I was cruising down the freeway at 65 let go of the accelerator and all the sudden I feel my truck slow down considerably I hit the speed and it didn't happen for a while till a day after I was driving down the street at around 20mph and the same thing happened. Any idea on what the problem is?

pacificrefugee23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Not sure if your problem relates to this, but might be something worth looking at

sent from an android

OP
OP
Y

yyuu1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Could it be related to traction control?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have a 2015 ecodiesel I was cruising down the freeway at 65 let go of the accelerator and all the sudden I feel my truck slow down considerably I hit the speed and it didn't happen for a while till a day after I was driving down the street at around 20mph and the same thing happened. Any idea on what the problem is?

It possible the transmission downshifted. When it happens at lower speeds it is more noticeable, feels like you hit your brakes when you didn't. I think the torque converters stay locked up more than gas version.

Not sure if your problem relates to this, but might be something worth looking at
http://www.carbuzz.com/m/article.aspx?Id=32734

There is no "issue" with timing cam gear.
There is a lot of owners driving over 20K a year with these EcoDiesels, there is a fleet of about 20 that pushed past 200K with no issues, and there is quite a few that are well in excess of 100K some of which tow for a living with them. I know of two timing issues that have popped up on the forums, one of those engines was over 150K...

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

There is no "issue" with timing cam gear.
There is a lot of owners driving over 20K a year with these EcoDiesels, there is a fleet of about 20 that pushed past 200K with no issues, and there is quite a few that are well in excess of 100K some of which tow for a living with them. I know of two timing issues that have popped up on the forums, one of those engines was over 150K...

I hear what you are say, but to happen even in the rare instances, is still a bad design. Not having a cam sprocket that has a interference mechanical keying with the cam and just floating on a physical torque of a bolt only is a bad design.

ShawnSin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello
My first time posting. I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Power wagon that is throwing P0755 Code. Mechanic says that is Shift solenoid B code. After checking various forums, there are 3 possible problems:
1. Wire from PCM to Solenoid
2. Solenoid
3. PCM
Looks like the PCM is more times than not the problem. Was looking for PCM on internet but unable to find anyone that has one for the 2010. They have them all the way back to the 1990's up to 2009. Any suggestions/thoughts?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I hear what you are say, but to happen even in the rare instances, is still a bad design. Not having a cam sprocket that has a interference mechanical keying with the cam and just floating on a physical torque of a bolt only is a bad design.

If it is such a bad design then why is used by many manufacturers including BMW, Mercedes, VW. There probably hundreds of millions of miles on that same design.
When stating your opinion make sure you state it as such, don't present it as fact because there are a few thousand engineers that know better

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
If it is such a bad design then why is used by many manufacturers including BMW, Mercedes, VW. There probably hundreds of millions of miles on that same design.
When stating your opinion make sure you state it as such, don't present it as fact because there are a few thousand engineers that know better

Get over yourself, this is a discussion board, everything is someones opinion.