Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonfarrier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Radio went black yesterday. Off for exactly 2:54 minutes and on for exactly 24 seconds. Never had a problem with it . Tried battery cables and holding the hot and cold buttons down nothing changed. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If its not the main harness connection then I'd say it has an internal electronic fault.

When you said you "Tried battery cables" what exactly did you do?

OP
OP
J

Jasonfarrier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If its not the main harness connection then I'd say it has an internal electronic fault.

When you said you "Tried battery cables" what exactly did you do?
Radio works for 24 seconds the turns off for 3 minutes. Any help?
Tried disconnecting one terminal for 15 minutes then the other terminal for 15 minutes then both at the same time for 15 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A 30 minute power down is needed to reboot the systems in the truck.

I'd pull the head unit out of the truck, let it sit for at least thirty minutes, then reconnect it. If it doesn't work at that point, it has an internal fault. I suspect the power supply is overheating.

I had to get a new one for my 2007. I used my old one as a core for a refurbed unit I found online.

Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jasonfarrier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Ok dumb question , what is considered the head unit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Karl147

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m having a problem with mine... has power but will not play any audio. I can hear it click every couple of seconds. Kinda like it won’t boot up.

hixen1952

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 i think
I've had the same thing happen with my radio. I've never had a vehicle radio go out on me until now. A few months ago, it started going black, then would fade in and out, then the radio sound went totally silent. Radio would play a couple seconds, then go out, so we started paying Sirius XM because the satellite worked. We've been using that for a couple of months, but now, even the satellite is starting to go. It's doing the click, blank no sound, then sound for 3 seconds, click, then no sound for 2 seconds, continuously cycling. Really frustrating. I really didn't want to pay for another radio, but I guess I'm going to have to pay someone to look at it and see if it just needs to be replaced. There's no rhyme or reason what will make it play correctly or what will make the display work or go black. It has a mind of its own.