RAM CARE? MORE LIKE RAM DOESNT CARE....HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

I have a crappy FCA agent at RAM care that is really not responsive, nor advocating for me. My truck has had the PCM replaced 3 times already and the truck is now at the dealership going on 2 weeks for Codes P0198, P0118, and P0113. The first week they sent an engineer out and the engineer said the truck is operating fine and "no active codes" are present. I asked that they drive the truck around to double-check. They fought me on that until I threatened to take it to another dealer. The shop foreman drove the truck home overnight and sure enough, the codes showed up in the morning on his way back to the shop. They sent FCA engineer out again and he said they need to do a "wire test"?

at this point, I am not sure what's going on, but I specifically told my FCA agent that it's odd that they had to replace the PCM 3 different times within the last 2 years. Seems like something else is going on and they are just throwing parts at it. I have a strong feeling something with the harness or electrical but don't know what. How do I escalate this? My current FCA agent handling this case is useless and buddy buddy with the dealership. Not even sure he is advocating for me anymore and is conflicted.

I WANT MY TRUCK FIXED!

2015 RAM 1500 SPORT with 60K miles on it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi,

I have a crappy FCA agent at RAM care that is really not responsive, nor advocating for me. My truck has had the PCM replaced 3 times already and the truck is now at the dealership going on 2 weeks for Codes P0198, P0118, and P0113. The first week they sent an engineer out and the engineer said the truck is operating fine and "no active codes" are present. I asked that they drive the truck around to double-check. They fought me on that until I threatened to take it to another dealer. The shop foreman drove the truck home overnight and sure enough, the codes showed up in the morning on his way back to the shop. They sent FCA engineer out again and he said they need to do a "wire test"?

at this point, I am not sure what's going on, but I specifically told my FCA agent that it's odd that they had to replace the PCM 3 different times within the last 2 years. Seems like something else is going on and they are just throwing parts at it. I have a strong feeling something with the harness or electrical but don't know what. How do I escalate this? My current FCA agent handling this case is useless and buddy buddy with the dealership. Not even sure he is advocating for me anymore and is conflicted.

I WANT MY TRUCK FIXED!

2015 RAM 1500 SPORT with 60K miles on it.

I am deeply sorry for the frustration and would like to look into your situation further to see how we might be able to assist. Please do not hesitate to send over your case number or VIN via PM when you can.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you Mark. We are making progress now. The engineer and the foreman said that the issue is related to a power module. They are supposed to get the part tomorrow and then test the vehicle again. Does this seem right? Still doesn't address the concern as to why they had to replace the PCM 3 times before.

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am deeply sorry for the frustration and would like to look into your situation further to see how we might be able to assist. Please do not hesitate to send over your case number or VIN via PM when you can.

Mark
RamCares

Hi Mark,

So I call the dealer this past Fri 10/2 to get the status of the Truck (been there 2 weeks). So apparently they are going to replace the PCM for the 4th time now. I escalated to the Service Dept Director and told him that every time I bring the truck in for a different CEL code, the solution is to replace the PCM. He agreed that it was odd that this was the solution presented to the shop foreman by the FCA technician. I told him that this is ridiculous and it seems like they are just throwing parts at the truck and not addressing the root cause. The shop director asked for my FCA case number (77195769) and would also escalate with FCA to get a different field Engineer to look at my truck. He said he would call me today with an update on what's going on. At this point, I am very frustrated and feel helpless. I feel like I paid so much money for a Truck and I follow all the maintenance schedule and this is what I get for my hard-earned money spent. I guess I am really glad I paid up for the MAX Care when I purchased the truck. I don't know what to do at this point now, I have no advocate for me. Not sure what you can do for me Mark.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get a lawyer

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is an update. So after talking to the dealership, the issue is the FCA engineer that has been assigned to my truck. I asked to escalate and get a better and experienced engineer because this guy doesn't have a clue. The dealership shop foreman agrees with me that the engineer is not very good. They escalated and the engineer's management declined the request to have another engineer assigned to my truck. So I had no choice but to file a claim with NCDS on this matter. Maybe that will get FCA to pay attention and stop dicking around with my truck by throwing stupid parts at it.

Corey M Hennessy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just paying for the look. Its a bunch poorly engineered overpriced parts designed to break... wait till get over 130k and every week its a just another 500 in parts and a day dedicated to fixing the truck again... get out while you can....