Ram Cares, Max Care, Dealers all are a crock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently had some warranty issues with my truck, and spent numerous hours waiting for repairs. I read on this site that if you have a Chrysler extended warranty, you are eligible for a rental reimbursement.
Each time my truck was in for repair, I asked the dealer if there was a loaner or rental, and always got the same answer,”no, we don’t do that”.
Ram Cares contacted me after I posted an issue I was having with the dealer, and in my conversation they indicated I was eligible for a rental and she contacted the dealer who acknowledged they work with a rental company.
This morning I called to schedule to have some parts they ordered installed under warranty. I said I needed a rental car, and was told that when I brought my car in, they would have to call to get approval, and being that it was not going to be an overnight repair, it probably would not be approved.
The misinformation being spread around is ridiculous. So, I should go to the dealer in the morning, roll the dice and hope I can get a vehicle so that I can go to work. If not, hope that I can get a ride home so that I don’t spend the day in the “lounge”.
Maybe their goal is to discourage you from getting warranty work done. Every time I brought my truck in for a repair that should be covered under warranty, the first response is “that’s not covered” or “that’s normal”.
Only after pressing, will they check it out and admit there’s a problem.
The FCA dealer network leaves a lot to be desired.
Nope, lots of times it is the customer who thinks something will work a certain way when it is NEVER set up to work that way. And then the customer comes bullying in acting like a spoiled child, yep really happens. Watched it just this past week at a dealership where some egg head came in like a fool and then wondered why he was not getting what he expected, and would have NEVER had anyplace, any dealership, any manufacturer etc..

The Gibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How about $70 for an oil change and it taking 4 hours while I waited?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had max care since 2017. I have not had any issues pertaining to repair work by the dealer. Manifold bolts, fan relay, dash trim plate and console trim repaired/replaced. Plus I haven't paid for an oil change yet.

I have nothing but great things to say about Danbury Dodge (CT). Sal and Yvonne have been fantastic. I've had better service than when I had an Audi.

I have recently moved to Myrtle Beach. I haven't tried Addy's Dodge yet, but coming up on my 100,000. I'll just have to wait and hope.
This is good news because I'm still looking for a decent dealer in CT.... Might give them a try even though they are about 45 minutes from me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Frankwhoa

Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had max care since 2017. I have not had any issues pertaining to repair work by the dealer. Manifold bolts, fan relay, dash trim plate and console trim repaired/replaced. Plus I haven't paid for an oil change yet.

I have nothing but great things to say about Danbury Dodge (CT). Sal and Yvonne have been fantastic. I've had better service than when I had an Audi.

I have recently moved to Myrtle Beach. I haven't tried Addy's Dodge yet, but coming up on my 100,000. I'll just have to wait and hope.

What was the issue with your dash/console? Was it making noise?

Whammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I've never had an issue w/my MaxCare. With a scheduled appointment I'm asked if I'm waiting, need a ride, or rental (covered under MaxCare sans fuel)? I've never had a issue with the dealer I use...

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I had a string of bad experiences at Rockland CJD.
First couple of visits went well. Then a big leak after they changed my oil.
They fixed it but blamed it on a non-existent issue.
For good measure they told me I had a catastrophic failure of a control arm bushing that wouldn't be covered by warranty.
When I asked to see it, it didn't exist. Confirmed by 2 of their mechanics.
Service writer told me that if I didn't give him a ten star review, his kids would suffer...
All subsequent visits I was treated like a *****.
Eventually, the service manager cursed and screamed at me for about 15 minutes.
I never returned, as they hoped.
New dealer, Rt 46 CJD has, so far, been much better.

I regret to hear of that previous dealership experience, Jberg. If you have any other concerns moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out.

Kate
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The dealer I purchased at was horrible in every aspect, and I've not returned, but the one I've been using since purchase has been pretty good overall, also closer to me.

That said, when I recently had it in for a fix, they did the multi-point inspection, including checking tire pressures. I had the tire pressure perfect and equal in all tires, but when I got home the front right was 5 psi low. Oh well... get the pump back out. Also on a previous visit for a software recall, I told them I'd already put the rubber block fix in the tailgate, so they can double check if they want, but it's done.

A week later I realized my tailgate wasn't locking. Open up the access panel and they had stacked a second rubber block next to the one I put in. Took it out and it's fine now. This is why I only let them do the first oil change, and once it's out of warranty, will use an independent mechanic.

I regret to hear of this dealership experience, tap4154. If you are still experiencing vehicle concerns or would like our help finding another dealer to work with, please let me know.

Kate
RamCares

Ret Navy CPO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Eds34pc & others have complained about dealer customer service, specifically the use of loaner vehicle. I have had the need to take my 2002 Dodge RAM 2500 in for a sensor throttle body sensor problem. I even brought the truck in on a Saturday morning w/ this problem. Each time , they not only provided me with a loaner, but it was a pickup truck. If they were real busy, I had to wait, but they took care of me. This was McLarty-Daniels CJDR, in Springdale, AR. BTW, some of the other McLarty-Daniels dealerships in NW Arkansas do not provide this kind of service. The question is, was the service unusual; I was there one day when an irate gentleman brought his new F-150 in for warranty work. This, despite he'd have to pay for the work.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently had some warranty issues with my truck, and spent numerous hours waiting for repairs. I read on this site that if you have a Chrysler extended warranty, you are eligible for a rental reimbursement.
Each time my truck was in for repair, I asked the dealer if there was a loaner or rental, and always got the same answer,”no, we don’t do that”.
Ram Cares contacted me after I posted an issue I was having with the dealer, and in my conversation they indicated I was eligible for a rental and she contacted the dealer who acknowledged they work with a rental company.
This morning I called to schedule to have some parts they ordered installed under warranty. I said I needed a rental car, and was told that when I brought my car in, they would have to call to get approval, and being that it was not going to be an overnight repair, it probably would not be approved.
The misinformation being spread around is ridiculous. So, I should go to the dealer in the morning, roll the dice and hope I can get a vehicle so that I can go to work. If not, hope that I can get a ride home so that I don’t spend the day in the “lounge”.
Maybe their goal is to discourage you from getting warranty work done. Every time I brought my truck in for a repair that should be covered under warranty, the first response is “that’s not covered” or “that’s normal”.
Only after pressing, will they check it out and admit there’s a problem.
The FCA dealer network leaves a lot to be desired.
Put the dealership on blast. Name names. I'll always say the dealer when I get good service. Service this bad should be told.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is interesting to compare - previously I had a 2008 Mercedes C350 and service was pretty expensive ($125 for annual "A" service which was a glorified oil change) however with that came a bend over backward mentality for the customer. For example my AC developed a leak about 6 months out of warranty. The service manager escalated the issue and got it covered by MBUSA for free. When ever I brought my car in for work I was always offered a shuttle ride and pick up, and my car was washed and vacuumed after. The waiting area was very nice and everybody there wanted to make sure you had a great experience. Granted this was also a reputable MB dealer, I am sure there are some bad ones out there too.

Compare that to my Ram dealer - Yes the purchase was easy and the price was very good. They also offer the coupons and what not for very inexpensive oil changes...however there is always a significant wait for service, the lounge looks like it is from a mid 70's truck stop etc....

It doesn't bother me too badly as I had way lower expectations going in for dealer service, and the truck is so easy to work on I have done all the maintenance my self outside of the first oil change. For warranty/recall work I schedule for Saturday mornings so I can not have to worry about work, etc...

At some point I will try the dealer by my office - suburban and more wealthy clientele, perhaps it will be a better experience, but for now it has met my (low) expectations going in.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I regret to hear of this dealership experience, tap4154. If you are still experiencing vehicle concerns or would like our help finding another dealer to work with, please let me know.

Kate
RamCares

I think the dealer I'm using now is probably the best one in my area, even with those minor problems. One thing I wish you would do is be proactive in helping people that have the gas tube filler issue. You haven't responded once in the thread about the filler nozzles getting stuck. I think you can see on this forum that many many people are having that problem, and as I have found out by insisting they put the updated filler tube in, now it works perfectly, as it should have 2 years ago when I bought it. In fact every truck from 2015 to 2019 should be recalled or TSB'ed to have that tube replaced free, even if they've passed warranty, because FCA has put this off and dealers kept denying the problem.

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2009 Dodge Ram Crewcab Rambox hemi
Lifetime power train
Lifetime Maxcare
422,150 had another wheel hub go out . Rack and pinion also
FCA denied the claim “ was told my truck had out lived its expectations.

They said this one was a “wear” item .

As far as rental goes it always was if it stayed overnight for repair then they would supply rental.
My contract stated rental up to 100,000 ...

Find a good dealership with a good service advisor

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put the dealership on blast. Name names. I'll always say the dealer when I get good service. Service this bad should be told.

I'll go there. Planet (FCA/Jeep/etc) in Flagstaff was unacceptable beyond words. I ended up talking to a lot of people within FCA including the CEO's administrative assistant about them so I consider that part of my experience resolved - however I was told by FCA that they really don't have any control over their dealerships since those are privately owned businesses. I get that, but if your name is lit up on the side of the building it affects you - manufacturers have to have some way of contending with an awful retailer like not selling to them anymore. Someone else will be happy to get the business.

Tempe Ram in the city of the same name has been cool overall. Their long-time service advisor Tim keeps it real. They don't go out of their way to help with stuff like courtesy shuttles so I've had to rely on Lyft to get back to work after dropping a vehicle off, but the actual work and billing have been above board in my experience.

Chapman in Scottsdale was cool when they were at their old location but something changed when they got their new building over on the East side and whatever positive emotions I had about them got evaporated in the three times I visited them so I won't be returning or recommending them to anyone. It's certainly a nice building (architecture) if you like hanging out in a really clean and pretty building while your vehicle's in for an oil change. Among various other things I certainly didn't appreciate it when a salesman who was in the same building as me called me on the phone to try to get me to trade in my 25k-mile Ram on a new one. Dude at least have the courtesy to cast your fishing line face to face, he could probably see me from wherever he was calling from.

Jim M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I regret to hear of the frustration this experience has caused you, Eds34pc. To clarify, loaners will be given to customers based on the dealer's discretion and availability. That said, we do apologize for this and if you have any other questions, please send us a private message.

Kate
RamCares
Too bad there's not a "Dis-Like" button on the forum. This answer doesn't cut it.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lifetime power train
Lifetime Maxcare
422,150 had another wheel hub go out . Rack and pinion also
FCA denied the claim “ was told my truck had out lived its expectations.

That sounds like something there should be a law about. The word "Lifetime" needs to have a firm legal boundary applicable to all forms of trade. If you want to sell me a product that has the word "Lifetime" in it, you don't get to arbitrarily decide behind the scenes what the definition of life is. Until I've abandoned the product, sold the product or drawn my last breath I expect lifetime to mean lifetime.

So that's why any attempt to sell me an extended warranty is guaranteed to fail, because the trust has been broken. Why should I pay you real money today for a promise I can't count on into the future? I have some special four letter words for that.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That sounds like something there should be a law about. The word "Lifetime" needs to have a firm legal boundary applicable to all forms of trade. If you want to sell me a product that has the word "Lifetime" in it, you don't get to arbitrarily decide behind the scenes what the definition of life is. Until I've abandoned the product, sold the product or drawn my last breath I expect lifetime to mean lifetime.

So that's why any attempt to sell me an extended warranty is guaranteed to fail, because the trust has been broken. Why should I pay you real money today for a promise I can't count on into the future? I have some special four letter words for that.

The Lifetime Warranty clearly states in the contract that coverage ends once a given repair exceeds the value of the truck. With 422K miles I'm thinking that was their reasoning.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

There is actually a definition to lifetime in the MaxCare Lifetime contract. Oddly enough its not one that I disagree with ....

Lifetime is defined as "until the cost of the current fix is greater than the value of the vehicle". At that point they cut you a check for how much the vehicle is worth and the contract becomes void. I mean, they kinda had to end it *somewhere*, and thats where it is.

What it means, though, is to be careful about how you "stack" your fixes. The value of the vehicle is weighed against the total cost of what needs to be fixed at once (per each time you pay the deductible), so maybe dont fix an engine along with other things. Space them out and hope that the individual fix costs less than the value of the truck.

Luckily pickup trucks in general hold their value pretty well, so I think it would take a while to "craps out" on a MaxCare Lifetime warranty.

2009 with 422K miles....sounds about right, per what the contract says.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is actually a definition to lifetime in the MaxCare Lifetime contract. Oddly enough its not one that I disagree with ....

Lifetime is defined as "until the cost of the current fix is greater than the value of the vehicle". At that point they cut you a check for how much the vehicle is worth and the contract becomes void. I mean, they kinda had to end it *somewhere*, and thats where it is.

What it means, though, is to be careful about how you "stack" your fixes. The value of the vehicle is weighed against the total cost of what needs to be fixed at once (per each time you pay the deductible), so maybe dont fix an engine along with other things. Space them out and hope that the individual fix costs less than the value of the truck.

Luckily pickup trucks in general hold their value pretty well, so I think it would take a while to "craps out" on a MaxCare Lifetime warranty.

2009 with 422K miles....sounds about right, per what the contract says.

I can agree with that. I noped the extended warranty before reading it (because the answer was always going to be nope for me so why even review it) - but I didn't know about the buy out. Hopefully in his case they did offer to pay him out the value of the vehicle. That last step is vitally important, too - and to mention when sharing personal experiences.

Adam E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This isn’t a warranty, ramcare, or FCA problem. Your dealer simply sucks.

I agree with Jrod the dealership makes a big difference, that and the service adviser. If you find a good combo of Dealer and Service Adviser you'll be in a lot better place.

My brother is a Chrysler Mechanic though his dealership is over an hour from my house so I normally use a closer dealer. I have MaxCare on my Ram. I have taken it in 6 times over the past few years for minor repairs . Three times they kept my truck for more than a day. Two times I just said MaxCare Day one rental my Service Adviser was able to get me a loaner. two times it was a same day fix and the shuttle took me 16 miles to work and picked me up in the afternoon without an issue. Before this I went to the same dealership though had the F'in dumbest piece of $h!t service adviser known to man. Wanted to charge me 2 hours labor to remove my window visor to reinstall the stickers on the front and back doors which were curling up, didn't see a gasket sticking out which two others customers who I called over could clearly see and couldn't tell a 6 month old battery was having a hard time starting my truck. He also wanted to keep my truck over night and said this would not qualify for a loaner or rental because I didn't purchase my truck from their dealership. Previously I dealt with the same MF'r about my wife Grand Caravan who kept it for 2 days to get a battery exchanged because they were "busy." Long story long this dealership service department went from 1 start to 5 stars after they got rid of that service Adviser.

Also your dealership and more so your Service Adviser know what should and what should not be said to have FCA cover a repair under either your regular factor or your MaxCare warranty. If you get the Service Adviser on your side they'll be more likely to just tell FCA the reasons your issue should be covered.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
I regret to hear of the frustration this experience has caused you, Eds34pc. To clarify, loaners will be given to customers based on the dealer's discretion and availability. That said, we do apologize for this and if you have any other questions, please send us a private message.
Kate
RamCares

Too bad there's not a "Dis-Like" button on the forum. This answer doesn't cut it.

Maybe add a "Unrealistic expectations" button for people like Jim M.