Ram order is in.. now the long wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derail97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO
Hopefully someone can help! '22 Ram 3500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Granite Crystal and rest of the bells and whistles minus the sunroof, ordered 11-29-21, found out the build was done on 1-27-22 from RamCare when the equipment listing was finally showing equipment on it. RamCare doesn't have a tentative ship date yet, nor idea on transit time. Cant get sales person to return calls (yes he was working Friday and Saturday). Anyone have an idea on time it takes to travel from the plant to dealer? Got some excellent financing in my area, just need to apply by a certain date, but don't want to do that unless i have a good idea on when it may be arriving.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
How many extras did you order, like:
spray in bed liner, tow hooks, side steps, hitch receiver, etc.

These parts are added after leaving the Assembly Plant in Mexico
Then the long slow trip, ( milk run ) up through Mexico to Eagle Pass Texas
Then up to either

Kansas City, MO (Voltz)
or
Wentzville, MO

Where it will be off loaded from the freight car & scheduled to be hauled to your dealership by car hauler

Michael050960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi with e torque
I'm jealous of the people getting their new trucks so soon.
I ordered my 2022 1500 BigHorn on Oct 2, 2021. Still no VIN 15 weeks later.
We ordered our 1500 limited in February last year and we still only show ordered. We wish we could find more info but dealer here in Aus can’t tell us anymore apparently getting very anxious would love our truck for towing.
we have no vin either just a con order number.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
We ordered our 1500 limited in February last year and we still only show ordered. We wish we could find more info but dealer here in Aus can’t tell us anymore apparently getting very anxious would love our truck for towing.
we have no vin either just a con order number.

@RamCares - can you help out these folks in Australia?

Michael050960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi with e torque
Hi, All we know is our car was ordered through a broker in Canada for the dealer here in Aus. We have ordered a Ivory pearl tri coat limited with options, sunroof, technology group, multi function tailgate,3.92 rear axle, limited level 1 equipment group, trailer brake control, night edition, bed utility group, ram box cargo management, 124 litre fuel tank, anti spin differential rear axle, steering transfer technology. We would love to know anything about the truck. Any help would be great. Thank you for helping.

Michael050960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi with e torque
Hi, Is there anyway someone could check with ram care for us, as we are unable to email them because we can’t give them a zip code or phone number as we are in Aus. All we can give you is a von number we were given and it is 2ORD 02042021. If this is possible this would be greatly appreciated as still getting know where here in OZ. Not sure nam ein order as ordered through a broker in Canada from our dealer in Aus Or in our name which I can give you if neeeded.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just gone done ordering my 2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn (Diesel) up here in Alberta, Canada. Not many dealers are offering FCA pricing due to the demand on HD’s, but I managed to find one who was willing to work with me and build the truck I wanted. Couple other dealers I worked with kept trying to sell me whatever they had on the lot or currently on order. None of those had what I was looking for. I figured why spend what I’m spending on a truck and it not be what I really want. I’m told wait time will be 6 months, I’m hoping it’s closer to 3 or 4.. it is what it is.
Will post the order sheet here shortly, but other than adding the tech group, level 1 and safety group it’s mostly standard otherwise. Picked black and black/tan interior. I just love the detailing on the Longhorn. Hoping it’s hear for camping season!
That's awesome! It will definetly be worth the wait. I couldn't find one that had what I wanted so ordered mine on July/18/2021 & got mine on 12/8/2021. I'm still on cloud 9

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

FCA Canada Customer Care​

PHONE:1-800-465-2001 (Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 8:00pm EST, Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm EST)
MAIL:FCA Canada Inc.
Customer Care Centre
P.O. Box 1621
Windsor, ON
N9A 4H6

To request information on new FCA Canada vehicles, please call the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram or FIAT® Information Centre at 1-800-361-3700 (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 8:00pm EST; Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm EST).

Steamfitter2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There may be some light on the horizon for orders. Or, maybe I'm being lied to!:) Placed order at my dealer on 1/5 for a 2022 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab short bed Ecodiesel. Dealer said to expect 3-4 month wait. But, by the 11th, the order was in the system, VIN and VON assigned, all parts available and scheduled for production with an estimated ship date of 1/29 which would be less than 3 weeks from order. Hope it happens. I do have a question for anyone who has traded in another RAM on their new truck. I have a 2016 Tradesman Hemi Club Cab 4X4 with 65K miles I'll either trade in or sell myself. Have you been able to get Blue Book - more - less for trade ins lately?
I ordered my 22 big horn long bed diesel December 20th. Been in scheduling phase since the 21st waiting on parts. As for trade? Trades are high right now, dealer offered my 8k more than I paid for my truck 1.5 years ago. Also ask the dealer how much you save on taxes when trading in. Most people don't realize you only pay taxes on the money left after trade value is taken off the selling price. For example I am only paying $380 on taxes on my new truck. If I sold my 2020 I would have pay $5700 on taxes. So if I sell my truck I need to sell it for $5400 more than the dealer offered in trade.

Michael050960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi with e torque
I'm jealous of the people getting their new trucks so soon.
I ordered my 2022 1500 BigHorn on Oct 2, 2021. Still no VIN 15 weeks later.
We ordered a 1500 limited with lots of extras and still nothing after 12 months

randyr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I traded a 3500 dually diesel with 75,000 miles for a 2019 RAM (MISTAKE) and got a great trading price. It was half of what I paid for the truck in 2003. Do a Kelly Blue Book--when I did mine on my 2019 (I have a truck on order) Car Max came up when I hit enter and offered almost what I paid for the truck in 2019-don't know why KBB didn't show. Dealer told me they usually honor the CarMax price. Dealer advised me that CarMax pays so high because my truck my only be worth *** on the eastern shore but xxxxx on the west cost so they ship vehicles anywhere for a sale.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Funny about RamCares not even trying to answer a question when the were politely asked

ie:

Feb 10, 2022

I know that for some reason you never have much info about Canadian orders
&
this gentleman is from Australia & he placed an order through a Canadian Dealership OVER A YEAR AGO & he has not even received a POC !!

There must be someone at Auburn Hills that has an answer for Sign in Name

Michael050960

Thank You

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Well folks, that makes it 3 months and I’m not at D status yet. Dealer says 5th wheel parts outstanding before it can go to D, it’s been that way for 6 or so weeks. Not looking promising.

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Funny about RamCares not even trying to answer a question when the were politely asked

ie:

Feb 10, 2022

I know that for some reason you never have much info about Canadian orders
&
this gentleman is from Australia & he placed an order through a Canadian Dealership OVER A YEAR AGO & he has not even received a POC !!

There must be someone at Auburn Hills that has an answer for Sign in Name

Michael050960

Thank You
I wish I could understand the reasoning behind the poor communication and support for Canadian orders. We pay good money for these vehicles and it’s like they just don’t give ****. USA orders get a VIN in days, we get nothing till it’s built.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well folks, that makes it 3 months and I’m not at D status yet. Dealer says 5th wheel parts outstanding before it can go to D, it’s been that way for 6 or so weeks. Not looking promising.

What exactly did you order? My 3500 Laramie has been in D1 for about 3 weeks now. I got the 5th wheel prep & wondering if that is why it has sat in D1 for so long. It really seems like there is no rhyme or reason why some sail right through while others take twice as long. I did order with a sun roof so maybe that is my hold up. Order date was 1/31/22. Had a VIN in about 3 weeks later & was put into D1 3/22/22. From info I have gathered from here & other forums, I was expecting it to be built around the 1st of April but nothing yet! :confused:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I wish I could understand the reasoning behind the poor communication and support for Canadian orders. We pay good money for these vehicles and it’s like they just don’t give ****. USA orders get a VIN in days, we get nothing till it’s built.

@Megadeth1 in Toronto got his in 3 months. Are you sure it's a Canada thing?

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
@Megadeth1 in Toronto got his in 3 months. Are you sure it's a Canada thing?
Yes, other Ram forums with more extensive tracking of orders show the data on Canada orders. There are still folks from September/October 21 waiting on build dates and many from 12/21 and 1/21 not yet at D.