Ram order is in.. now the long wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I like those wheels they are putting on them now. Sharp truck!

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah the web site configurator shows the 2021 wheels, not these. I was surprised when it came they were different but I do like these better so that’s a convenient way to avoid an argument.

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Went D1 this week with ship date of 6/16. Let’s see if that sticks.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So decided last month that i was done trying to calculate trailer pin weights to be legal with my 3500 duallies and called the dealer and put an order in on a 22 ram 5500 laramie in pearl white 60” CA. Its going to be a family truck/daily driver as well so i went with a laramie lvl 1, park assist, 8.4 uconnect, heated/cooled buckets, vynil floor! Cant wait for this work wise/kid wise. not an over the top laramie just a decently appointed one. Iam in manitoba canada, threw my order in on june 9th, it had a vin assigned roughly 3 weeks ago. My dealer said anything can happen but to anticipate a 4-6 month turn around. She did mention though that things have been picking up pace since all the covid garbage so thats good. So as with every dually ive ordered iam currently enduring the painful wait. Iam not sure why i do this to myself but itll be worth it in the end of course. I wish there was a way to track its progress on my own so i didnt have to contact the dealer all the time. Ill be the first to admit iam a complete child when it comes to waiting for these things. Iam not sure theres anything more addictive than the smell of a new truck

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
@Pressure_welder you can use this tracking system - its far from perfect but did forecast my delivery date accurately.

Use your VON and Last Name for status. The Dealer Connect back office system is the most accurate and your sales rep won’t have access But their managers will. The order tracking system appears to be new also so it’s not a perfect tool but is directionally accurate it seems.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks a ton! I appreicate the link. Unfortunately for some reason us canadians dont get that luxury of having that system work for us. I also tried ram chat and they have no info for me either. I dont quite understand why

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Thanks a ton! I appreicate the link. Unfortunately for some reason us canadians dont get that luxury of having that system work for us. I also tried ram chat and they have no info for me either. I dont quite understand why
Awe dang, sorry brother. Perhaps you need to call FCA customer service directly if you don’t want to hassle the dealer.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram must have decided to push out the V.I.N. quicker than in the past, to sooth the customers.

If they were a bit smarter, they would post the Gateway Date.
Gateway is the date that they lay the Frame of the vehicle on the conveyor belt.

Approximately 16 hours after Gateway, they drive it off the assembly line & they do a Primary Inspection, such as headlight adjusting.
Then it is sent to a holding area, where it waits to go to the Body Vendor.
The Body Vendor installs the parts that can't be installed on the assembly line, ie: spray on bed liner, side steps, etc.

Then it returns to Inspection, for things like a Smog Check

Then finally it actually goes to Transit, they call it Transit before the Body Vendor, which is misleading

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Called ram customer care canada, and they said they had nothing either even said my vin didnt bring anything up. Even though carfax does lol. Owell just be patient i guess! Would he nice to get atleast a rough build date or delivery date

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well dealer texted today with an update and said truck is in D status and has vin assigned