Rampage Led Tailgate Strip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKB82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys!

Just registered to the forum today after using the input from yall for a few months without being registered..

Anyways! I am looking at getting an LED tailgate strip for my 2013 ram express.. Rampage is the company who makes the strip im looking at.. anyone have input?? or better brand??

Thanks!!

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recon would be a better bet, IMO.

OP
OP
KingKB82

KingKB82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recon would be a better bet, IMO.

Thanks for the fast response! Though I do agree with you.. I dont like how the have their turns signals change to yellow.. not a fan

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I don't like the yellow either. I think they have one that's all red it just isn't sequential. Its the white lightning model.

OP
OP
KingKB82

KingKB82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't like the yellow either. I think they have one that's all red it just isn't sequential. Its the white lightning model.

Are you referring to Recon as well?

I saw they had another version.. I wasnt aware until now.. whoops!

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll be getting a recon white lightning soon and maybe even adding a flasher to use it as a warning light

bobosky520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just bought one from eBay, the cheapest whatever I don't care, when I tried to install it, the hold to lower spare tire is one the way, otherwise the strip is too deep inside the tailgate. I guess its doesnt matter which bran the led trip is, they will all encounter this problem.

OP
OP
KingKB82

KingKB82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update.. Added the the Rampage 60" strip to my truck yesterday.. its amazing! Everything is level and even.. surprisingly cause it was all done by hand and alot of beer was involved :D thanks for the help yall

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I just bought one from eBay, the cheapest whatever I don't care, when I tried to install it, the hold to lower spare tire is one the way, otherwise the strip is too deep inside the tailgate. I guess its doesnt matter which bran the led trip is, they will all encounter this problem.
According to a friend who did this to an older Ram, remove the rubber gasket around that hole, and the strip should be able to fit.

He's planning to do the same thing to his '14.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I asked around before I installed my Recon tailgate bar and what I got from it was that Recon seems to be the better brand and that all brands tend to leak near the ends, so you should seal them up with some silicone before you install them or get them wet.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have a $30 flexible one from ebay and it works great. Has the reverse lights also.

OP
OP
KingKB82

KingKB82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
only paid 40 for mine... -15 in PA with wind and it has rained already.. still working fine so far..

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update.. Added the the Rampage 60" strip to my truck yesterday.. its amazing! Everything is level and even.. surprisingly cause it was all done by hand and alot of beer was involved :D thanks for the help yall

Nice. I was going to go with the Recon White Lightning but found an identical product under a different name brand (identical down to the install instructions) for $39.99 instead of $109.99.

It's on its way, I'll post up a thread when I get around to installing it.

14MDRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice. I was going to go with the Recon White Lightning but found an identical product under a different name brand (identical down to the install instructions) for $39.99 instead of $109.99.

It's on its way, I'll post up a thread when I get around to installing it.

Please keep us updated and post back here when you do.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Yes defiantly as I am interested as well.