Rancho quick lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking into doing a leveling kit for awhile now. I've used spacers in the past on other vehicles but have heard mixed opinions about them on these Rams. So I decided I'd look into doing extended struts. I hear a lot of good things about the bilsteins but I think the rancho quick lifts are more suited for what I'm looking for (ride firmness adjustability, loaded unit with springs so I don't have to mess with compressing and using the old ones...etc...etc...)

First off, 2011 ram 1500 sport 4x4 quad cab,5.7. Looking at rancho part numbers rancho rs999930 and rancho rs999944 .

Questions are, some websites I am seeing state that these struts will raise the vehicle 2.25" and other websites only state they will raise the vehicle 1.75". Does anyone know why the info is contradicting?. The part numbers are the same regardless of what website I look at also.

I'm looking for a level stance or a slight downward rake on the front end would be ok. Does anyone here have these struts that can confirm the ride height gains and has an opinion on how they like them?. Pictures of your truck with these struts installed would be great also!.

Also, if I were to down the road decide to do a suspension lift on the truck (3" or 4" or something along those lines), would these struts be usable still?.

Sorry if some of these questions were asked before , I did a search but couldn't come up with answers to all of my questions so I figured I would make a thread on it. Thank you in advance for the help!.

Hemi Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4
Engine
I have an 06 so admittedly we do not have identical trucks. I installed the Rancho Quick lifts and I recommend them. I ended up with just around 2 inches after they broke in so right in the middle of what you have read. When first put them on the tires hit the ground and the struts barely compressed at all. I was slightly concerned.... but after a couple weeks of driving they broke in nicely. My truck visually sits very level with them.

Yes, I do believe that they would work with a lift as well.

Sent directly from my thoughts using tinfoil antennas and a stainless mixing bowl helmet.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice struts, but I barely got 1.5" out of mine. I'd probably go Bilstein if I had it do over again.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
I got a full 2.25 out of mine after upping the dampening to the 6th setting. Truck was perfectly level with them before I upgraded the rear coils and would go with Rancho again if I got a new truck.

I have a quad cab express so basic interior and less weight

My dad has a Laramie Longhorn and only got 1.5 out of them like J Rod also on the 6th setting like me. I think that is where the contradiction comes from, using them on different trimmed trucks.

As far as using them with a lift goes, people do it with the bilsteins all the time so I do not see why it wouldn't work with the Rancho's.

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i got about 2" out of them. Maybe a tad more. from a visual standpoint, the truck looks perfectly level.

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I only got 1.25"-1.5" or so out of them on my 2015 Laramie CC. Very frustrating. I eventually ripped them out and installed Bilsteins - which delivered exactly that they say they should. Live and learn...

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be interested in Stock struts if u go rancho

I will let you know.

truck only has 50k miles on it and stock struts work perfect. Just looking to level the truck out.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a full 2.25 out of mine after upping the dampening to the 6th setting. Truck was perfectly level with them before I upgraded the rear coils and would go with Rancho again if I got a new truck.

I have a quad cab express so basic interior and less weight

My dad has a Laramie Longhorn and only got 1.5 out of them like J Rod also on the 6th setting like me. I think that is where the contradiction comes from, using them on different trimmed trucks.

As far as using them with a lift goes, people do it with the bilsteins all the time so I do not see why it wouldn't work with the Rancho's.

I forgot someone (maybe you?) had recommended that I try a different setting to get more lift. I just bumped them up from 5 to 7 so we'll see if that makes any difference.

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My ram is a sport,plastic bumpers and what not up front. BUT it does have the weight of the hemi. I would hate to spend the money and go through all the troubles to only get 1.5" out of it. But I like the idea of everything being new.

I will have to think on it.

In the mean time, if anyone has pictures of their trucks with the ranchos installed or if anyone else would care to share their opinion....feel free to chime in. Thanks

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's mine with Ranchos. uploadfromtaptalk1438215020690.jpg

I got just under 2" of lift after alignment and settling. Left me with about 1" of rake which is exactly what I wanted.

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well guys, After debating with myself off and on for about a week on which direction to take....I finally buckled down and ordered a set of bilstein 5100's.

They both have some pro's and cons but the bilsteins seemed to be the only clear choice when it came to effectively achieving the advertised ride height I am looking for.

I would have hated to have dropped upwards of $350.00 on the set of rancho's for the front and only gained 1.5" of lift and still be nose down in the front close to 2" AFTER having spent all that money and effort.

yes the bilsteins are a little more work. Yes some have complained of issues in threads I have read. But most people seem pleased with them.And at $170 for the pair....its a far cheaper gamble. And if everything turns out well than its much more bang per buck.

I will update everyone on what my experience with them and opinion of them are after I receive and install them.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya it was me lol

Well I only gave it a day after bumping up to 7 before putting my new rims and 35's on, but I didn't notice any added lift from the setting change. I'm still at right around 3.5" from the hub and somehow 2" of that came from my 1.5" body lift. I still haven't figured that one out. I even measured the blocks and they are definitely 1.5". I got the same 2" increase on every corner so I doubt it was a measurement error. Anyway, I guess it's just hit or miss with the Ranchos... I'll just call it a wash since I got the added bonus from the BL. Plus 1.4" seems to be the desired setting for folks with Bilsteins and a suspension lift so I figure I should be all set when I get around to doing mine. :favorites13:

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
I have a gen3 and I am still waiting on them to settle but I got 2.4 right now. The nose is a little higher than rear. Should be perfect when settled.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a gen3 and I am still waiting on them to settle but I got 2.4 right now. The nose is a little higher than rear. Should be perfect when settled.
Mine looked nose high before alignment but settled to about 1" of rake after