Rear Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJG121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 4.7 SLT. I tow a Large pop-up camper from time to time. The truck is rated for it but it tends to squat a little to much for my liking (we also load the bed up and put extra stuff in the camper) so that adds to the weight. I was wondering what shocks I should get to replace the OEM's help with this problem. I really like self adjusting shocks but can't seem to find any for my year. Any help or suggestions would be great.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shocks really won't help with that, you need either springs or air bags.
I have the following - they go inside of the coil spring and just add some air in them before loading, let air out when done and enjoy the stock ride.

I did have the Tufftruck 1211 springs at one time and they will accomplish the same thing, but with a somewhat stiffer ride when empty - esp. if the tires are air up above 36 psi.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said airbags or new coil springs.
A upgrade option from the inside the coil airbags is to go with frame-to-axle type.
AirLift or TimberGrove make excellent bolt on kits for these trucks. You can inflate them with a hand bicycle pump or a battery powered tire pump if you don't want to install a compressor in the truck.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963