Replaced cab cargo lights with LED, now getting "Key fob not found"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I replaced the cab cargo lights with Sylvania 921 ZEVO White LED Bulbs, and of course I'm now getting the infamous "Key fob not found" message. If the fob is in my pocket and I try to start the truck "Key fob not found"... pull fob out of pocket, and she fires up without issue. I really like the additional light of the LED's, so I'm looking for a solution to shield them from the fob...

I know I'm not the 1st with this... so what's the trick to fix this issue.

OP
OP
E

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Upon further review, it looks as though I went cheap and used the incorrect lights. I believe
I need one with a resistor. so the lights I purchased will be returned and a more expensive (but one that will work) will be purchased.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I went with the 921 LAZFIT bulbs in my third brake light,
They are Canbus ready Error Free !
reverse and also did interior to LED'S
The White 921 reverse lights do brighten things up :)
No issues
I wonder if those ZEVO'S would throw a code or cause issues in your reverse lights ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the 921 LAZFIT bulbs in my third brake light,
They are Canbus ready Error Free !
reverse and also did interior to LED'S
The White 921 reverse lights do brighten things up :)
No issues
I wonder if those ZEVO'S would throw a code or cause issues in your reverse lights ?
I should try them and see in the reverse lights before returning them.

OP
OP
E

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update... I've wanted to change the bulbs back to the OEM. but life keeps getting in the way as I've been pretty busy... But now some good news... I've not got the "Key fob not found" message for several days... everything working as it should with the LED's installed... can't explain it... maybe my procrastination will work to my advantage for once??? I'm going to leave the Sylvania 921 ZEVO White LED Bulbs in for now and see how long before I get the "Key fob not found" message again.

OP
OP
E

eprovenzano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm was at a 50/50 rate as to whether the truck sees the key fob or not... The sticker price on the truck was over $70k and at this time I have 1,500 miles on it. Having a new vehicle that may or may not see the key for doesn't work for me... I swapped back to the OEM bulbs, and plan on getting the "correct" shielded bulbs.

bigdodge

Reaction score
I tried putting led lights on my garage door opener but I found it caused too much interference. I also put the same led as you in my overhead and I occasionally have the same issue. I had never thought it would be that manly because I added push button start myself so I just assumed it was something stemming from that. I think you are correct in thinking the led is calling the issue. I'll be pulling mine out as well.