Royal Purple Sale on AMAZON...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There are a million used oil analysis on RP, here's one. Oil was still good in a Denali with 100k miles on ODO after 10k miles on RP. Every Synthetic will hold TBN better then your Dino. So extended oil intervals will be fine based on the oil still having additives (TBN) in the oil after a long time. The two knocks on RP is wear tests and evaporation, and I say knocks only when compared to the best oils. RP is fine stuff, and there are other benefits to using it like great viscosity for cold starts and a nice film that adheres to metal, plus the best price I can get on my oil is 125 bucks shipped to my door.

Last edited:

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a million used oil analysis on RP, here's one. Oil was still good in a Denali with 100k miles on ODO after 10k miles on RP. Every Synthetic will hold TBN better then your Dino. So extended oil intervals will be fine based on the oil still having additives (TBN) in the oil after a long time. The two knocks on RP is wear tests and evaporation, and I say knocks only when compared to the best oils. RP is fine stuff, and there are other benefits to using it like great viscosity for cold starts and a nice film that adheres to metal, plus the best price I can get on my oil is 125 bucks shipped to my door.

Thanks for the link to the analysis. Proves that RP is plenty good oil. Lots of analysis over at BITOG as well. I've run RP on my last two changes. Previous to that Amsoil. May go back to Amsoil next change. Either one works fine and gets the job done.

Key for extended OCIs is using a high quality extended drain filter. Both Amsoil and RP have good ones.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I signed up as preferred customer long ago and it makes the price pretty good shipping sucks. I am thinking I should sign up as dealer because between my family and friends I use a lot and I do believe the product is better than everything I have tried.

$miley

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$miley,

I've been to your town many times back in the day. I even vacationed at nearby lake Osakis. Good pike fishing there. Ex-wife was from MN and had family in your town.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
$miley,

I've been to your town many times back in the day. I even vacationed at nearby lake Osakis. Good pike fishing there. Ex-wife was from MN and had family in your town.

That is awesome hard to beat lakes area in the summer. I manage the Verizon store right in front of the mall but you would not have seen my store then as it was not there but the mall was.

$miley

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

YW again. The reason I choose Redline is because I love Molly, RP has double the Molly of Amsoil, and Redline has 10 times the Molly of Amsoil. Amsoil has the best TBN, Redline is usually right behind them, and sadly RP is far behind them. But like the analysis says, even after 10k miles still good TBN for RP, just not as good as the other two and that is a fact. Anyhow, all great oils, I bet any of them would have the same zero varnish on the Cam as RP did.

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YW again. The reason I choose Redline is because I love Molly, RP has double the Molly of Amsoil, and Redline has 10 times the Molly of Amsoil. Amsoil has the best TBN, Redline is usually right behind them, and sadly RP is far behind them. But like the analysis says, even after 10k miles still good TBN for RP, just not as good as the other two and that is a fact. Anyhow, all great oils, I bet any of them would have the same zero varnish on the Cam as RP did.

I may have to try Redline one day. Thanks again for all the great info!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
One last thing from the Cam page, the poster followed up with a Blackstone lab report on RP had a fair amount of lead in it at 4100 miles. Again the TBN was fair at 5.0, but wear metals were present. It is rare to see any wear metals from a healthy engine with Redline or Amsoil, just saying.

RP used oil analysis RP 4100 miles

This was from the same engine the Cam came out of.

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It appears he ran that stang very hard.

Do you have a go to place to pick up Redline at a decent price?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I get mine from Autochic1 on Ebay for 125 bucks a case 5w20 shipped to my door. She takes credit card not paypal, but she gives you tracking and it was at my door cross country in 4 days. If you find it any cheaper please let me know:) I sure would mind getting something like this RP deal!

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got 7 quarts of Royal Purple for 38.00 and I picked up a Mobil 1 filter for this change. Side by side comparison on the Royal Purple filter they look identical (even down to the KK stamped in the top of the filter). Will I be ok with this filter? It was a couple dollars less than the RP one. Also ordered a BT catch can from Moe's last night and want to put that on when I do the change. Oil has been looking very dark after just a few thousand miles each time. Up to 17,000 on truck now with mostly Mobil 1 each change.

Sideshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Rubicon 2D
Engine
Pentastar
Thanks Nadz, perfect timing!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I got 7 quarts of Royal Purple for 38.00 and I picked up a Mobil 1 filter for this change. Side by side comparison on the Royal Purple filter they look identical (even down to the KK stamped in the top of the filter). Will I be ok with this filter? It was a couple dollars less than the RP one. Also ordered a BT catch can from Moe's last night and want to put that on when I do the change. Oil has been looking very dark after just a few thousand miles each time. Up to 17,000 on truck now with mostly Mobil 1 each change.

Great deal and yes the filters from M1 are really good with synthetic fibers.

$miley

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, ordered mine, wish I had RP stock after this thread took off lol

OP
OP
Y

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Such a good deal. I feel like I should stock up.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oil and ammo! Stock pile that $#it!
Just partook...looks like my next 5 oil changes are rp!

Last edited:

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gave in and picked up 12 quarts, plus the 2 filters. I couldn't pass on the free filters deal. :)