Royal Purple Sale on AMAZON...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just ordered RP 5w-30 for my 04 2500. Looking forward to my first oil change this week since having my truck.
I bought 12qrts for $92 with the filter. Now I just have to figure out where the filter is under my truck so I can make sure it is the right one haha.

This is the correct filter right?
Royal Purple 20-253 Oil Filter : Amazon.com : Automotive

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checking Amazon, looks like that's the right filter for you.

Did you put 2 filters in cart? If you buy 12 quarts you get 2 free.

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
damm i did not know I got 2 free. I didnt know i even got 1 free until I got my receipt haha

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
damm i did not know I got 2 free. I didnt know i even got 1 free until I got my receipt haha

Try to cancel the orders and reorder. When you put it all in your cart, it will deduct the filters right before you place order.

OP
OP
Y

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
That's what I did. Canceled and reordered.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my order in. Smokin deal.

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hard to pass up a deal that include these oil filters.

These filters are built so well. Royal Purple and Champion Labs really went over the top on these.

[yt]floUZGP6NZM[/yt]

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
well i already got that package yesterday. No big deal I only need an oil change once a year because I drive so little haha. Next time I will get the extra filters

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my 24qts and 4 filters today, killer deal and should be good on oil for awhile

OP
OP
Y

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Dido. Got mine yesterday. Swapping out the stock oil on my next day off.

81SHOVELHEAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the heads up .
Ordered 12 quarts & 2 free filters & shipping .
+tax 97.00 bucks out the door .
Question is did you wait for the evic to tell you it was ready for oil change or did you change it out early ?
My 2012 2500 only has 1800 miles /daily comute back in forth to work = 60 mile per day round trip with 75/25 hwy/city.
Thanks in advance .
Mike D.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
question is this stuff on the equal scale to Amsoil?

They are both true group 4, both POA's based, and very similar additive packages. Amsoil tends to have a higher TBN but not by much, and Royal Purple has about double the friction modifier molybdenum. To answer your question you need to google UOA or used oil analysis of both Royal Puplre and Amsoil IN YOUR WEIGHT, if you have a Hemi 5w20. There are 1000's of these on the net. What you need to do is when reading these is find out what the used oil's current TBN is and their wear metal content. I believe these are very similar oils, and the RP oil filter is another great product. read the UOA's for yourself then decide. One other thing to consider is the type of car getting the analysis. some higher wear engines that operate at higher RPM's will generally have more wear metals. So make some allowances. If you change your oil every 5k thousand miles, there would be no difference between these two oils.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Actually according to RP they are 3, 4 and 5 together.
Taken from http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1190820
-------------------------
Well, I've read so many opinions about this subject, I thought I would send them an email to see what they say about it. Here is the email reply I got and the one I sent.

Date: July 10, 2008 9:06:12 AM CDT
To: "'Johnny Petree'" <jlpetree@>
Subject: Royal Purple - Base Stock
Reply-To: <[email protected]>

Johnny,

We're a combination of synthetics including Group III, Group IV's (PAO), and V's (Esters but do not use Polyol Esters)- deciding on which oil is better just by the base stocks is not as simple as some make it out to be. Formulators rarely use a single straight base stock - as solubility, solvency, and seal elastomer compatibility issues can result using a single type of base stock.

The base stock is like flour, flour is flour. The difference is the cake, it is in the way you bake it, mix it, and the ingredients you add to the flour. We do not just focus on the base stock, but the oil as a whole, because it is all in the chemistry.

Have a great day and I hope this helps.

Kyle Neal
Technical Sales Representative
1 Royal Purple Lane
Porter, Texas 77365
work- 281-354-8600 ex 248
cell- 713-705-9556
[email protected]

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:08 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Automotive Question

Can you tell me if your regular automotive oil, not your racing oil, is a Group III or a Group IV synthetic base.

Thank you,
------------------

$miley

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
^^^
Interesting, thanks for finding it, I wouldn't buy RP for extended oil changes if that is true. It is still great oil and perfect for a 5k mile oil change, as would Mobil 1. But if that's true, definitely not as good as Amsoil or Redline. I'm not sure why so many people call it true group 4, I feel duped. Anyhow, unless Amsoil is lying then they are true group 4 and unless Redline is lying then they are true group 5. I'm sure they have always advertised as such. And the oil analysis back up Amsoil and Redline having great wear numbers even at 10k miles, and like I posted previously there are wear metals in extended drain intervals with RP. You can call yourself synthetic oil, but you can't cheat used oil analysis. Group 3's fail before group 4 and 5. If you change your oil every 5k then it doesn't matter much between group 3 or 4 or 5, all are good quality.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone know how long this deal is going on for? I'd love to place an order but I don't have the coin right now and I'm leaving for SC on Monday for 2wks..

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pasted from Amazon, Offer good through April 5, 2013.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I will tell you guys that the company my dad worked for ran 20k or more on each oil change using synthetic oil such as mobil 1 and other group 3 oils. They drove over the road delivering railroad crew up and down the line but that also included a lot of idling too. Most of the engine there had 200,000 or more. I am sure we are all being very over protective if you know what I mean. It is always tough though to decide between over possible over cautiousness and pushing the limits. Somewhere in between is ideal but who really know what number that is? Only you because it is your vehicle and you have to live with the consequences either way. I am sure you will all be just fine with RP.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Iif you are planning on 20k oil change intervals, there are better choices then RP. This has always been the knock on RP, wear metals at high miles when compared to other tops oils. You could still have engines going strong after 200,000 miles even though you have more wear particles in your oil, but doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of paying big bucks for your oil? Everyone should do their own research when running an oil past 5k miles. Check those used oil analysis's on your oil, there are definitely front runners in that area, even many brands not discussed here.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/oil-and-oil-related-topics/575911-royal-purple-oil-experience-2005-mustang-gt.html

Blackstonetest.jpg