Royal Purple Oil Filter?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by NY Andrew, Mar 31, 2019.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. NY Andrew

NY Andrew Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8 Hemi
    So I was gonna start going to dealership for oil changes like I used to for past vehicles, but I don’t think they do tire rotations as well and that was my primary reason for going. I need oil rotation once a year. And the website says 5qts for oil change and ours takes 7qts.. so all this in to consideration prob be $150 I’d think or more at dealership...

So guessing I’ll have to start window shopping for best place to tire rotate and balance. I was gonna do that on my own but can’t balance....and sometimes the weights fall off...so guess that’s out. But might just rotate every other oil change which would be around 10k tire rotation intervals.

Gonna be using RedLine 5W-20 because that’s recommended in manual over 5W-30. Where do you guys purchase? I’m thinking Amazon.

And main question is what oil filter from Royal Purple for 5.7L V8 4x4 Hemi? Amazon tells me 10-48, but unsure if that’s correct because I’ve seen different recommendations on here...

Burla likes this.
  2. Jrod

Jrod USAF 1997-2008 Military

Ram Year:
    2016 Sport
    Engine:
  3. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    The Royal Purple 10-48 is the correct filter. I have my tires rotated every 5k. Just seems to work better for me and the tires. I don't know about where your at but here in Tx we have Discount Tire and they have a package you can get when you purchase tires from them, that they will rotate and balance your tires every 5k for as long as you have them. You might look for a tire dealer like that locally to you.
    Jay

4. NY Andrew

NY Andrew Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8 Hemi
    Thank you!

Yea many tire places around here including Costco got good deal, but I’m trynna make it to 30k before getting wider tires for wider stance because can’t afford to swap these new tires out right now it just wouldn’t make sense with 3k miles on em hah.

Thanks again for the prompt confirmation.

tidefan1967 and Pull Ya like this.
  5. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
  6. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    As JB said get your redline oil from Nick at "gotexhaust" . He has the best prices and is a forum vender. Guys on the synthetic oil thread all get their redline from him. As for filter, seems royal purple no longer shows them on their website. I use the Fram ultra Syn filter.

7. Got 1

Got 1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7l v8
    ^^This...
    Summit Racing still has the filters for $11.99/ea. Just got like 20 of them with free shipping. Amazon sells them for $18.39.

tidefan1967 likes this.
  8. NY Andrew

NY Andrew Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8 Hemi
    You guys ROCK!!!! Thank you!!!!

Only question is, it says a “7qt package” on got exhaust. Is that a 4 pack? Amazon had it by the gallon as well. Just want to get clarification on that 7qt pack.

Thanks again! Never would have known about these two locations for purchase!

Burla and tidefan1967 like this.
  9. MarshRam

MarshRam Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2014 SLT 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

Just send Nick a PM and he'll get you setup with payment and shipping without going through the website.

10. 16RamHemi

16RamHemi Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
    do you have a warranty? if not consider 5w30. spend some time in synthetic oil thread. some legit reasons to go 5w30. and stock up on the RP 20-820 filters. great combo.

Burla, Zack02 and tidefan1967 like this.