Royal Purple Oil Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
So I was gonna start going to dealership for oil changes like I used to for past vehicles, but I don’t think they do tire rotations as well and that was my primary reason for going. I need oil rotation once a year. And the website says 5qts for oil change and ours takes 7qts.. so all this in to consideration prob be $150 I’d think or more at dealership...

So guessing I’ll have to start window shopping for best place to tire rotate and balance. I was gonna do that on my own but can’t balance....and sometimes the weights fall off...so guess that’s out. But might just rotate every other oil change which would be around 10k tire rotation intervals.

Gonna be using RedLine 5W-20 because that’s recommended in manual over 5W-30. Where do you guys purchase? I’m thinking Amazon.

And main question is what oil filter from Royal Purple for 5.7L V8 4x4 Hemi? Amazon tells me 10-48, but unsure if that’s correct because I’ve seen different recommendations on here...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Royal Purple 10-48 is the correct filter. I have my tires rotated every 5k. Just seems to work better for me and the tires. I don't know about where your at but here in Tx we have Discount Tire and they have a package you can get when you purchase tires from them, that they will rotate and balance your tires every 5k for as long as you have them. You might look for a tire dealer like that locally to you.
Jay

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
The Royal Purple 10-48 is the correct filter. I have my tires rotated every 5k. Just seems to work better for me and the tires. I don't know about where your at but here in Tx we have Discount Tire and they have a package you can get when you purchase tires from them, that they will rotate and balance your tires every 5k for as long as you have them. You might look for a tire dealer like that locally to you.
Jay

Thank you!

Yea many tire places around here including Costco got good deal, but I’m trynna make it to 30k before getting wider tires for wider stance because can’t afford to swap these new tires out right now it just wouldn’t make sense with 3k miles on em hah.

Thanks again for the prompt confirmation.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As JB said get your redline oil from Nick at "gotexhaust" . He has the best prices and is a forum vender. Guys on the synthetic oil thread all get their redline from him. As for filter, seems royal purple no longer shows them on their website. I use the Fram ultra Syn filter.

Got 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
As JB said get your redline oil from Nick at "gotexhaust" . He has the best prices and is a forum vender. Guys on the synthetic oil thread all get their redline from him. As for filter, seems royal purple no longer shows them on their website. I use the Fram ultra Syn filter.

^^This...
Summit Racing still has the filters for $11.99/ea. Just got like 20 of them with free shipping. Amazon sells them for $18.39.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
You guys ROCK!!!! Thank you!!!!

Only question is, it says a “7qt package” on got exhaust. Is that a 4 pack? Amazon had it by the gallon as well. Just want to get clarification on that 7qt pack.

Thanks again! Never would have known about these two locations for purchase!

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys ROCK!!!! Thank you!!!!

Only question is, it says a “7qt package” on got exhaust. Is that a 4 pack? Amazon had it by the gallon as well. Just want to get clarification on that 7qt pack.

Thanks again! Never would have known about these two locations for purchase!

Just send Nick a PM and he'll get you setup with payment and shipping without going through the website.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
do you have a warranty? if not consider 5w30. spend some time in synthetic oil thread. some legit reasons to go 5w30. and stock up on the RP 20-820 filters. great combo.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Messaged him.

I do have a warranty; didn’t see any super benefit for the -30 and I don’t think I’d go with thicker long term. Should be an insane improvement over whatever is already in the engine from factory.

And I plan on doing exactly that stocking up on the goods once figure out the RedLine part. At this rate 10 filters will last 10 years hah!

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
We do have a discount tire like mentioned here not the closest but called them and they were rude and didn’t know anything so not going there

Dealerships quote: $20 rotation and $48 includes balance so first time gonna go there since I need inspection anyway, then from then on going to new huge tire place that’s $32.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yikes.....are the 10-48 RP filters going away?

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Royal Purple has changed the way the orders are processed in there system ,this means in the short term it has been bad as they did not foresee that this change would interrupt the production and shipping of their filters , that said ,they will be back on track hopefully this week as they finally have all the structure in place for us to get them in a timely fashion .

Thank you for your patience as we get this corrected we appreciate your business.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

A change in order processing causes them to not be able to produce? Sounds fishy to me.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Discount Tire will rotate for free -- even if you purchased the tires there or not. I've even had them balance for free once.

If you are still under warranty, I'd used the oil recommended in the manual: 5w20, and meets Chrysler's spec (Red Line does not, neither does Mobil 1). DIY oil changes. :)

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Red line does meet Mopar spec it’s listed on their website. I forgot number off top of my head but I compared it to my manual.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even RL's Professional-Series does not meet Chrysler's spec MS-6395. Pay close attention to wording. It states "Recommended" or "Suitable Replacement". That does not mean "Meets". If it doesn't say "meets" I'm not using until my warranty is up. Their "High-Performance" line doesn't even carry the API starburst, so it's automatically out. Will it harm anything? Highly unlikely.

Of course the Owner's Manual says, "We recommend you use..." You obviously can use whatever you wish.

The Mobil Super line meets Chrysler's spec (Mobil 1 does not). They are honest about it if you check out the "Find the right oil" section on their website.