Seafoam Help???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a ram 1500 2013 5.7 with 160k miles I have ran Amsoil fuel treatment through it twice in the fuel but I read there are multiple methods to adding seafoam such as through the throttle body, vacumm lines, oil and obviously gas. What have you guys done to your rams and what do you recommend I do? I am going to buy seafoam high mile at the store just not sure where to distrubute it all, I am at about 1500 miles from being to my next oil change, should I wait till closer and change right after the treatment??

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Are you having issues that you are trying to correct?

I don’t use anything not required in the owner’s manual unless there is a problem e.g. sticky injectors; in which case I would use a product with PEA to remove deposits.

OP
OP
Harleymotorcycle
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you having issues that you are trying to correct?

I don’t use anything not required in the owner’s manual unless there is a problem e.g. sticky injectors; in which case I would use a product with PEA to remove deposits.
Just preventative maintenance as this is a higher mile vehicle. I know the Amsoil contains PEA would you recommend that?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It is useless unless you go through the vac lines or throttle body, but when you put it in combustion chamber like that, it is the most effective treatment at cleaning combustion chamber. When you put it in you can either kick up rpm's and empty the bottle, or try turning off the truck 1/2 way though and maybe get a soak on the pistons. Plenty of youtubes on it, I would go through throttle body because when you expose it you can clean it. See how bad it is, maybe you need to take it off, maybe not.

Only PEA is gonna work through gas tank, perhaps some other enzyme treatments as well, but generally solvents arent gonna get it done through gas, proven decades ago. sea foam = solvent, which works great 100% on carbon, not so good diluted.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
what does the dealer run through the injectors, throttle body , etc.
I know that they charge for it, but its the same cost as the DYNO SHOP near me

What is PEA, i have seen it mentioned a few other times

I see that Gumout has it & there is no way in hell that Gumout would even be in the bed of my vehicles

Polyether Amine Gasoline Fuel Additives at “Complete Fuel System Cleaner"​

It is hypothesized that the lower solubility of PO-PEA can contribute to the formation of sludge and varnish precursors that have the potential to cause significant engine harm.

Analysis of the used test oil demonstrated that the BO-PEA chemistry led to a 73% improvement in oxidative stability, when compared to used oil from PO-PEA testing.

So BO-PEA is OK, but don't use PO-PEA

ya got that, anyone ?
I am more cornfussed than before

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The cleaner developed by chevron, better known as techron. A detergent as opposed to a weak solvent, which sea foam is. PEA is in many fuel system cleaners, all high end, the cheapest with PEA is the gumouts likely. Where sea foam excels is the process, nothing better, but if it has to be run though a gas tank for injectors, it needs to be PEA. This is ram forum member hemi395 piston after running it for a couple weeks.. redline si-1 pic here, good cleaning seen, obviously more needed.

full-76018-37988-p22.jpg