Stealer ship brake job!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted about the stealer ship not having pads and rotors and using some from O'Reilly s sometime back. I was supposed to have pads, rotors and fluid replaced. The brakes sucked, and always squeal. So I replaced with ebc. Holy crap what a difference a quality brake is. And here is the fluid that they changed, or didn't change. Note this is the left rear after doing the right rear. It was black. PXL_20220512_201634904.jpg

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man I need to do this so bad. It’s probably one of the most over looked maintenance things to do. Every time I think about doing something else pops up and then I forget about it.
I think I’m going to go the same route as you with the pads also. These wagner thermo quites I have now seem to be holding up ok but just don’t have the stopping power I would like. I’m wanting to do pads and rotors when I do it but I know it will be pricey.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Rock Auto beat all others in price when I did mine. Used Powerstop Geomet rotors & Wagner OEX pads.

Rock Auto is a site sponsor also.

How many miles did you guys change your brakes at?

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Rock Auto is a site sponsor also.

How many miles did you guys change your brakes at?
I bought my truck used so I have no idea if or when the brakes were done before me. but I do know that the rotors have never been changed and I’m at 160k. Still had the factory star washers things on the studs. I replaced the pads at around 137k only because I had a sticky caliper that needed to be greased on the pins. So they possibly were replaced at some point before me.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got nearly 100K out of my stock pads on my 2014 2500 Hemi and was pretty happy with that so I just went with OEM and had the dealer do it (at least I think they used OEM and not O'Reilly :) ) So far everything is good - no squeaks or other problems.