Strange lock issue with rear door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently bought a 2016 1500 and am having a weird issue with the passenger rear door. When i hit the lock button (inside or the fob), the door wont lock. The actuator is working fine and the rod moves up and down but it’s almost as if its not moving enough. It unlocks great and i can manually lock it by pushing down on the nipple. I took the door panel off and found a spot that looks like the rod was rubbing on it. I cut the spot and it worked great yesterday (tested it 10 times). Today, its not working again. Any ideas?

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having the same issue on my 17 3500 I'm wondering if it's a short or if something is blocking it from locking all the way

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are you sure the actuator is fully moving the lock? Since you say you can lock it manually I would suspect an issue in the actuator. They aren't that expensive are they?

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Probably the actuator at some point it will stop working totally in one or both directions