Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What did you do with the pan hard bar and what size tires are you running also how about posting up some pictures of your ride

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What did you do with the pan hard bar and what size tires are you running also how about posting up some pictures of your ride

Jeff if you hit the "quote" button down in the right hand corner of the post you're talking about,it makes it easier for guys to know who you're talking to.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I assume you're talking to me....
I have a "Cutter Up" pan hard bar. Its a local performance shop that made a small batch of pan hard bars. Got this one after I ruined a Spoon one. Buy a Core 4x4 one if you can. They are better.
Check this out- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/adjustable-panhard-bar-spohn-vs-core.126098/

I have run a set of 305/45/22 but am now on 275/50/22. Run 275/60/20 in the winter.
The 305's rubbed very little at full lock. Would run that size again.

Apologies if the picture doesn't show up. This is a photo of my truck from the previous page while hooked up to our trailer.
Typically I also have 2 dirt bikes in the back of the truck also.

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I assume you're talking to me....
I have a "Cutter Up" pan hard bar. Its a local performance shop that made a small batch of pan hard bars. Got this one after I ruined a Spoon one. Buy a Core 4x4 one if you can. They are better.
Check this out- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/adjustable-panhard-bar-spohn-vs-core.126098/

I have run a set of 305/45/22 but am now on 275/50/22. Run 275/60/20 in the winter.
The 305's rubbed very little at full lock. Would run that size again.

Apologies if the picture doesn't show up. This is a photo of my truck from the previous page while hooked up to our trailer.
Typically I also have 2 dirt bikes in the back of the truck also.

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info I tow with mine as well my rzr or my motorcycles

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
been looking over the Belltech and the Ground force they both appear to have progressive coils up front and straight rate in the rear.Also the Belltech gives you shocks/struts.I understand ride quality will be compromised to a degree but still wanting to retain some.

KyleH12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
been looking over the Belltech and the Ground force they both appear to have progressive coils up front and straight rate in the rear.Also the Belltech gives you shocks/struts.I understand ride quality will be compromised to a degree but still wanting to retain some.
I have heard of people having good luck with the Belltech kit, but I did not. My front struts blew out within about 4 months, the rears were about 2 months after that. These were the Street Performance shocks too. It was under warranty, but I didn't want to have to do it all over again in another few months so I spent the money to upgrade it all the right way. Struts are hard to find for the 4x4s but if you are only lowered 2" up front, stock height shocks are fine. I went with Rancho XL (adjustable dampening, I think part # was 999808) so far extremely happy with them. For the rear I did the IHC no cut control arm relocation brackets, core 4x4 upper and lower adjustable control arms, viking double adjustable rear shocks, and airlift 1000 bags (for a durango). Im still fine tuning the adjustments on the rear, but over all it is a night and day difference in ride quality and towing ability(comfort). I carry 400lbs in the bed about 90% of the time, and I tow up to about 3500 lbs 4 or 5 times a month. d1d896ebcd2022ebaecf4d9e132ccb9b.jpgd83b172fbc07a047d90b72e0d3fd03f6.jpg1162eb8d92d6fc291dcb9a36da171696.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have heard of people having good luck with the Belltech kit, but I did not. My front struts blew out within about 4 months, the rears were about 2 months after that. These were the Street Performance shocks too. It was under warranty, but I didn't want to have to do it all over again in another few months so I spent the money to upgrade it all the right way. Struts are hard to find for the 4x4s but if you are only lowered 2" up front, stock height shocks are fine. I went with Rancho XL (adjustable dampening, I think part # was 999808) so far extremely happy with them. For the rear I did the IHC no cut control arm relocation brackets, core 4x4 upper and lower adjustable control arms, viking double adjustable rear shocks, and airlift 1000 bags (for a durango). Im still fine tuning the adjustments on the rear, but over all it is a night and day difference in ride quality and towing ability(comfort). I carry 400lbs in the bed about 90% of the time, and I tow up to about 3500 lbs 4 or 5 times a month. d1d896ebcd2022ebaecf4d9e132ccb9b.jpgd83b172fbc07a047d90b72e0d3fd03f6.jpg1162eb8d92d6fc291dcb9a36da171696.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
looks awesome what size tires?

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would go with 22's but really love the satin finish on the sport wheels,can't really find that finish in aftermarket

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I would go with 22's but really love the satin finish on the sport wheels,can't really find that finish in aftermarket

The 22's that come on the R/T's are very similiar to the finish that comes on the factory 20" Sport wheels Jeff.Google 22" R/T replica's

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The 22's that come on the R/T's are very similiar to the finish that comes on the factory 20" Sport wheels Jeff.Google 22" R/T replica's
I have looked at them but I think they look more like chrome than a satin finish

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wanted to pose a question to the lowered 4x4 crew.
Any recommendations for rear shocks? I've toasted my second set of GF drop shocks.

Because my truck is a daily driver and tow rig I'm looking for something different than the drag guys. Leaning towards KYB or QA1. Interested to know what others use.

Pic added for reference. Typically I would also have 2 dirt bikes in the box adding more weight.
**Running a 3/3 drop with Air Lift helper bags.

Attachments

• 61344820928__568A89AC-E254-446E-8568-8F62ED887FF2.JPG
    61344820928__568A89AC-E254-446E-8568-8F62ED887FF2.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 14

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Any recommendations for rear shocks? I've toasted my second set of GF drop shocks.

Because my truck is a daily driver and tow rig I'm looking for something different than the drag guys. Leaning towards KYB or QA1. Interested to know what others use.

Pic added for reference. Typically I would also have 2 dirt bikes in the box adding more weight.
I'm running the cheap Belltech i think street performer shocks,and haven't had to replace them yet. You're probably better off buying cheaper shocks and replacing them every year or 2 Andrew.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm running the cheap Belltech i think street performer shocks,and haven't had to replace them yet. You're probably better off buying cheaper shocks and replacing them every year or 2 Andrew.
This has been what I've been doing so far. Wasn't sure if a bit more money would net the same results....

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I’ve had two sets of rear QA1 shocks, absolutely loved the performance and responsiveness, they are worth every penny- in a warm climate.....
I don’t think they are very tolerate to a cold weather climate- anything sustained around-10F/-23C. Both sets lost all their fluid in a short time
One set lasted about a year, getting progressively worse, ending with both shocks puking all over my driveway
2nd set on a different truck- a little bit more dramatic- one shock split into two pieces- barely a month old.
Granted weather was -25C plus
QA1 even recommends that a garaged parked car over the winter should have its shocks removed and brought inside to a warm place
I’ve been happy with off-the-shelf, single adjustable Rancho RS9000’s sized for a 4” drop on the rear
The Rancho’s have lasted well, showing no evidence of leakage or any other issues, however not as well performing/responsive as the QA1’s

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had two sets of rear QA1 shocks, absolutely loved the performance and responsiveness, they are worth every penny- in a warm climate.....
I don’t think they are very tolerate to a cold weather climate- anything sustained around-10F/-23C. Both sets lost all their fluid in a short time
One set lasted about a year, getting progressively worse, ending with both shocks puking all over my driveway
2nd set on a different truck- a little bit more dramatic- one shock split into two pieces- barely a month old.
Granted weather was -25C plus
QA1 even recommends that a garaged parked car over the winter should have its shocks removed and brought inside to a warm place
I’ve been happy with off-the-shelf, single adjustable Rancho RS9000’s sized for a 4” drop on the rear.
The Rancho’s have lasted well, showing no evidence of leakage or any other issues, however not as well performing/responsive as the QA1’s
Thanks for this. Clearly the QA1's are not for me. Our winters would destroy those.

The Rancho's sound like they are a good option and my guess is they would be better than the GF ones I've been using. How did you figure out which ones would fit your 4" drop? I'm on a 3" rear drop so would likely need something slightly different.

Also thinking I may spring for the Inez no cut relocation brackets. The wobble at 110kph has finally started to irritate me. New shocks and brackets should finish things off nicely.

Snacktime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I installed some kyb shocks that are 3" shorter than stock. They are stiffer than my 5100 Bilstein that I pulled off. Still working through my drop. Went from leveled to 2/3 drop so we can park inside parking garages again.

275/65R20 don't rub with 2 inch front drop.

Cardsin2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been through this thread a few times, but from when it started to now it seems like things have changed quite a bit. I put the 3/5 Inez kit on my 4x4 RCSB. It rides great and look great as well. But I can't help but wish it was lower. I was DM-ing Wild One and he told me he removed the front dif and cv axels, I am not opposed to this. If I want to go lower that is what I am going to have to do. Has any one put 2 in drop spindles on a truck with the 3/5 Inez kit? Will my shock be too long? Would I have a rubbing issue if I kept the stock 20x8 wheels and went with a shorter tire (255/45/20 maybe?) I feel like there is still a lot of wheel gap and if I can got down to a 5/7 why not? Let me know your thoughts.

20210825-183107.jpg
20210402-211126.jpg