Sun Shade for Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for a practical sun shade for the windshield. Love the idea of WeatherTech, but $60 plus S+H seems unnecessary.

Most generics I have tried are a poor fit.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Covercraft here.. those generic covers do no justice. Get a covercraft one and you’ll never look back. Worth every penny. Bought on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My pep boys one works great and fits ok so far! Not the snugest but for 24.99 what the heck. Bought it over a year ago 2 weeks after buying my truck!

20180630_123416.jpg

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Covercraft here. I actually asked for it for Christmas one year and got it cause I felt $50 for a sunshade was a little high. Till I got it, and it freaking fits like a glove to the truck and fits absolutely perfect. I went got one for the wifes car.. It's nice and folds up and I lay it on the floor board in the rear seat area.

Living in Arizona - it's a must and with 20% tint on all windows - it sure helps!

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Cover craft folder for my truck. I bought a set from heat shields for my wife’s odyssey earlier this year. It fits great but doesn’t fold. The folders are more convenient. The heat shield came with covers for front windows they are nice but the wife never puts them on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok. You guys talked me into it. Ordered from Amazon. Hope I like it as much as you do!

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will.

I admit spending $50-60 on a sunshade was hard to do until I got a covercraft for my charger and I was sold on them. The. Of course bought one for my 1500. Never again will I go back to one of those generic covers.

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Covercraft here.. those generic covers do no justice. Get a covercraft one and you’ll never look back. Worth every penny. Bought on amazon.

Yea, my friend just got one for his bow tie!! perfect fit!

RFtech53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just received the Covercraft UVS100 Windshield Sun Shade - Covercraft Custom Sun Shade 2016 Dodge Ram (1500) that I ordered from AutoAnything. A bit pricey, but I love it. The fit is very snug, and the shade is very thick and well made. It could be a bit closer around the mirror base, but the whole shade is so much better than the generic flimsy ones I've had in the past for other vehicles. I'd highly recommend.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
auotozone one for 19.99 works great for me... 60 bucks? nty ! :shakehead:

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just received the Covercraft UVS100 Windshield Sun Shade - Covercraft Custom Sun Shade 2016 Dodge Ram (1500) that I ordered from AutoAnything. A bit pricey, but I love it. The fit is very snug, and the shade is very thick and well made. It could be a bit closer around the mirror base, but the whole shade is so much better than the generic flimsy ones I've had in the past for other vehicles. I'd highly recommend.

Used mine for the first time today. Seemed to keep heat out well. Truth is if your truck is sitting it’s still gonna warm.

Can’t debate that the price is high, but quality is first rate, fit is excellent and thickness is a good barrier for heat. I agree with the fit around the mirror.

Had the flimsy cheap ones for years and don’t think they were that effective.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought one of these Mopar sun shades with a Ram logo back in June 2014. I think I paid about $60.00 for it back then. I thought it cost too much at the time, but it has had held up quite well and it fits the windshield perfectly. I use mine in Florida almost every day of the year, even in winter months. After four years of hindsight, I now think it was worth the money. Don't know who actually makes it for Mopar, but it looks identical to the Cover Craft, minus the logo.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/accessories/product/82208802/Sunshade+Kit.html

harryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
I have seen some older trucks with a outside windshield shades that are metal & painted to match...does anyone know if they are still available ?

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've never used a sunshade but this is the first vehicle that will not fit inside the garage, so I spent $55 ordering the Covercraft on Amazon and can attest that really helps fight the Florida sun and I no longer burn my legs on hot leather seats.

I will stay I wish they used some kydex on each side as after only using it for less than three months the top corner which I grab to unfold and put across is now starting to dog ear. Kind of ****** me off after spending so much.