Supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Here is a video of the new Corsa exhaust. I like it. Quieter around town if you keep your foot out of it but loud as hell when you get on it. Absolutely NO DRONE. Love it! :)

That sounds awesome, can't wait to hear it screaming down the track/road.
Almost sounds like some of the boats on Lake St Clair, just need to hear the gurgling of the cooling water coming out of the exhaust...lol

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So freaking awesome! You're living my dream, except I want to drop an Arrington forged 426 in mine when it's paid off. 600hp at the crank and they'll tune a while on it. Saw a video they did it to a 2016 rebel i believe.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only reason i dont have a blower on my ram is the transmission.. it cant handle the instant boost even with 100pct torque management ..

This is why my 2005 silverado only has 18K original miles... :) :) :)

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Only reason i dont have a blower on my ram is the transmission.. it cant handle the instant boost even with 100pct torque management ..

Which trans do you have?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the 8 speed in my 18 Ram

The 8 speed will hold up to a supercharged hemi quite well with the torque management still left on.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
....and I'll let you know how well it does without it. LOL

Oh I can guarantee you how well it will do. Even just a bone stock blown 5.7 will murder the 8 speed with torque management disabled. Never mind your built motor lol. I hope for your wallets sake it lives though lol, you’ve had enough issues with your truck already.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh I can guarantee you how well it will do. Even just a bone stock blown 5.7 will murder the 8 speed with torque management disabled. Never mind your built motor lol. I hope for your wallets sake it lives though lol, you’ve had enough issues with your truck already.

I agree. I am on the fence of selling it though. Not sure I can trust it considering the path it has been down, if you know what I mean. I'm so close to ordering a TRX its not funny, but I want to give this abomination a chance for life. I prefer built over bought but this project took on a life of its own.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 8 speed will hold up to a supercharged hemi quite well with the torque management still left on.

i dont think so man, this truck is way to heavy.. dont get me wrong i love superchargers but i would first beef up the tranny..

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
i dont think so man, this truck is way to heavy.. dont get me wrong i love superchargers but i would first beef up the tranny..

Im talking first hand experience. I’ve had my whipple for about 3 years on my truck now, torque management is still on with no issues. Buddy of mine has the exact same setup with no issues. The 8hp70 is pretty smart at limiting engine torque when needed to live. It kills some performance but that’s what makes them live. There’s quite a few ppl on here pushing similar power levels as well with no issues. Wildone is running a nitrous setup with similar power and tons of drag strip time. When he did have an issue is when they started playing with programming. Removing the torque management is what can kill it.

You would be better of upgrading the motor first if you supercharge. The pistons are the weak link, not the transmission.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
....and I'll let you know how well it does without it. LOL
You're going to need a transmission. Sooner rather than later too. With how much you have into your truck it's beyond me why you didn't just go ahead and put a built transmission in when the motor was out...
Anyway I quickly destroyed mine with 600hp and mild trans tuning. I'm willing to bet a flat bed trailer will soon be in your future and you kicking yourself.
Or not, I could be wrong.
Maybe you drive like that guy from driving Miss Daisy and your supercharged 426 is just a colossal waste of money.
;)

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You're going to need a transmission. Sooner rather than later too. With how much you have into your truck it's beyond me why you didn't just go ahead and put a built transmission in when the motor was out...
Anyway I quickly destroyed mine with 600hp and mild trans tuning. I'm willing to bet a flat bed trailer will soon be in your future and you kicking yourself.
Or not, I could be wrong.
Maybe you drive like that guy from driving Miss Daisy and your supercharged 426 is just a colossal waste of money.
;)

I really wanna mess with my torque management on mine just to see the difference, but it seems like everyone who removes it ends up blowing them up shortly after.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I really wanna mess with my torque management on mine just to see the difference, but it seems like everyone who removes it ends up blowing them up shortly after.
Oh it makes a NIGHT and DAY difference! No kidding it made just as much of an impression as the supercharger. It ended up costing around $8K, but yeah I will never go back to stock settings.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Oh it makes a NIGHT and DAY difference! No kidding it made just as much of an impression as the supercharger. It ended up costing around $8K, but yeah I will never go back to stock settings.

Ya that’s what I’ve heard. I’d like to put a paramount 8 speed in but I’m puting most my extra money and effort into my project car, so the daily unfortunately has to stay the way it is lol.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My thoughts.....

Why keep torque management on with a built motor. That's like putting 45mph trailer tires on your BMW M5 living in Germany that have no speed limit autobahn's.

As for building a trans first.....I've done that also before dropping in a built 383 stroker TPI in my 89 S-10 blazer. That transmission lasted about 4 months. My 2nd build also broke a few months later during a hard 2 to 3 shift while pulling an 3k lb ATV trailer. Brought the truck back to the place that said, and I quote, 'you will never break this transmission'. As you can guess he didn't warranty the claim. I gave up and truck is now a giant flower pot in my brothers back yard. LOL

Costs are generally the same if the trans is broke or not. If broke at least you know what the weakest link is (or was).

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I'm missing some inside info...??

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My thoughts.....

Why keep torque management on with a built motor. That's like putting 45mph trailer tires on your BMW M5 living in Germany that have no speed limit autobahn's.

As for building a trans first.....I've done that also before dropping in a built 383 stroker TPI in my 89 S-10 blazer. That transmission lasted about 4 months. My 2nd build also broke a few months later during a hard 2 to 3 shift while pulling an 3k lb ATV trailer. Brought the truck back to the place that said, and I quote, 'you will never break this transmission'. As you can guess he didn't warranty the claim. I gave up and truck is now a giant flower pot in my brothers back yard. LOL

Costs are generally the same if the trans is broke or not. If broke at least you know what the weakest link is (or was).

It all depends with how far people want to take their truck, it can be a very slippery slope of upgrading your daily. Soon you can be at the point where you need a new daily lol.

If something blows up though then that’s the perfect time to upgrade.

OP
OP
NDanecker

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm at that point now. This was my daily driver.....but hasnt been since March.

Status
Not open for further replies.