Sweet Thunder Mufflers. No More Borla. Custom duals w/ Long Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spent lots of time debating taking off the 19" Borla Pro XS mufflers from the truck. I finally pulled the trigger and went with some 30" Sweet Thunder Mufflers. These are made by High Flow Performance.

Enjoy!

Sweet Thunder.jpg

Last edited:

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds really good. Never heard of them. How do you like them?

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds really good. Never heard of them. How do you like them?

So far I really like them. Prior to settling on the Borla mufflers, I was going to get these but then chickened out and went with a "safer" choice that are stocked locally.

Here is the Sweet Thunder / High Flow Performance website: https://highfloperformance.com/chambered-mufflers/

In comparison to the Borla, these are definitely louder and especially so down low in the RPM range and startup. The gap between loudness isn't as much at full WOT, but these are still louder than the Borla. The Borla are a deeper tone (verified by playing both my sound clips on the home theater setup w/subs.....the Borla video causes more house rattles lol). I have Borla videos on my YT channel for those interested in hearing what it used to sound like.

These are the 30" length but you can get 11,18.24,38 and custom lengths. They even make full systems, but mostly for older muscle.

These are a step over being louder than I wanted, however they sound excellent so I'm not complaining. I can always add race bullets down the line to pull some volume out.

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds similar to my y-piped carven muffler. :D

I would agree, this setup has a Carven-esk type sound to it. Ironically enough, I actually had 2 TR mufflers in hand just weeks ago that I was going to put into the system. I found too many cases of drone problems (and the mufflers burning out) that turned me away. Carven is amazing but I was concerned it would have been too loud with dual TR mufflers.

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m considering now adding some resonators before the mufflers or even replacing my x-pipe with one of those magnaflow resonated x-pipes. The volume of this setup is just a weee bit more than I was hoping for especially once you get past 1800rpm.

Dynomax bullets, vibrant resonators etc are all on the radar

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a Dynomax bullet in front of one of my muffler set ups and couldn't tell that it really did anything. I believe it was 12" long (could have been 16") can't recall. Might want to consider a glass pack in front if you're looking to tone it down as they will provide more muffling.

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a Dynomax bullet in front of one of my muffler set ups and couldn't tell that it really did anything. I believe it was 12" long (could have been 16") can't recall. Might want to consider a glass pack in front if you're looking to tone it down as they will provide more muffling.

Good input. Thank you