Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
You got any pics of your damage? Did it bend your wheel or damage anything else? I guess its safe to say you are OK then........

There’s no damage.....how is this possible???

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just randomly checked 5 of my filters, no rust on top. Guys post your RP filter rust status here, especially guys hoarding them.

Just check the 6 that I ordered over the summer and they looked good, no rust. 2018 date on them. That's storaged in the garage.

But what I did find and not sure what to make of, one of the filter rattles when you shake it. Nothing fell in there, something is loose inside. Ever seen that before. Probably shouldn't use that one right? Don't think it's worth the risk.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got back from Wal-Mart and cant believe how empty the shelves still are, its just ridiculous that people are still hoarding at this point.
Why not buy your normal things and go on ? All the trucks are still running and factory s and farms are still going its not like everything has shut down...

Oh and what about this 6 foot rule ? People with there fancy mask on rubbing up against you as they squeeze by you like touching you dont matter because of their fancy face mask....lol
They were counting how many people they were letting in the store.

I drive a truck for a living and honestly see little to no difference out on the roads around here even with this so called lock down.
This is just going to keep dragging out untill they get serious about people staying home and none essential companies shutting down.
So Damn TRUE ^^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
What is the bypass on the one that rattles. I'd at least cut it open and see why it rattled. I wonder if the ones that rattle would leak some even when oil is hot and thin. I'd email champ labs or call them if you can find out more info. I have no real info on the risk, I tested all mine against rattle and none rattled.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amsoil, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, or Redline. Fram Ultra Synthetic as a filter.

Some folks are just dumber than most people .....this is why I have that guy on my ( ignor list ) [emoji106][emoji106][emoji16][emoji16][emoji41]

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Listen, if you people don't start hoarding certain supplies you are just dumb at this point, it is what it is. Accept responsibility for what is going on and hoard, you owe it to yourself. There are some dummies making fun of hoarders, well don't get too close to their posts, you might smell the **** through the keyboard because they are out of toilet paper but the darwins still troll the boards. Cleaning keyboards will be a new job when this is over, dirty nasty ********. haha

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In that case the dealer was cutting open all 3 mopar filters as a way to show the higher quality srt filter. Anyhow, anyone running an srt filter please cut after use and see how the media held up.

I will be doing this in the fall along with a uoa[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Stuff Burla will hoard in a sense of having a large roation on.

Toilet Paper
Maruchun Lunch me and my wife love these cant find
Paper Towels
Steaks in Freezer
Good brand Chili
Water
Freakn Hash Browns

plus we will start canning our fruit trees, we have 50 of them

When the next thing hits and it's worse, I will share with some of you guys, others not so much.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Some folks are just dumber than most people .....this is why I have that guy on my ( ignor list ) [emoji106][emoji106][emoji16][emoji16][emoji41]

lol what

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Stuff Burla will hoard in a sense of having a large roation on.

Toilet Paper
Maruchun Lunch me and my wife love these cant find
Paper Towels
Steaks in Freezer
Good brand Chili
Water
Freakn Hash Browns

plus we will start canning our fruit trees, we have 50 of them

When the next thing hits and it's worse, I will share with some of you guys, others not so much.

Your missing the 3 B’s

Beans
Bullets
Bandages (with basic meds)

And you need a good COM system (thank you @AFMolulton[emoji4])

Dont forget good trading items that would be valuable (some short term apocalypse trade goods)

Salt
Honey
Seeds
Batteries
Whiskey (any hard liquor)
Cord wood (heat)
Gasoline
Soap

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I got enough of the 2 of the b's in long term storage, beans and bullets, along with rice, sugar, cha cha chia baby and dried/powdered peanuts. But I'm just saying have a larger rotation isn't really hoarding as just making sure my everyday diet and paper needs isn't disrupted. If stuff really hits the fans I open those other items as needed, but I don't prefer them.

Gasoline will be the ***** for sure, hopefully I wont be needing. Gonna have to figure that 1 out. Maybe get solar panels someday and an old nissan leaf, lol. Or biodiesel we discussed many times.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
We don't even know when this will end, what happens if when we open stuff up a million people catch it? Shut down all over again? It's hard to believe this gov'ts response to this flu virus. Wanna thrive the next time this happens, be a little more prepared? Just pick 4 or 5 things you use all the time and have a larger rotation. I always had 8 cases water, likely up that a bit. TP that's an easy one, just put 4 cases away somewhere. Just a few simple things can be the difference of a negative effect or barely noticing what's going on around you. My joke wasnt aimed at @69GWC.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't even know when this will end, what happens if when we open stuff up a million people catch it? Shut down all over again? It's hard to believe this gov'ts response to this flu virus. Wanna thrive the next time this happens, be a little more prepared? Just pick 4 or 5 things you use all the time and have a larger rotation. I always had 8 cases water, likely up that a bit. TP that's an easy one, just put 4 cases away somewhere. Just a few simple things can be the difference of a negative effect or barely noticing what's going on around you. My joke wasnt aimed at @69GWC.
I agree with everything but the water, I wouldn't go to crazy with it because those guys are going to work no matter what. Same with me and the electric & gas company. If it gets bad enough I'll live at work with no outside contact for however long it takes because I'm happy to have a job where I haven't missed a minute of pay so far and if it gets to the point where I got to stay there the money will be insane.

If the water or power gets turned off for an extended period of time only the guys in remote locations like the UP or much of Canada will survive. The ensuing chaos is why we must keep these things going at all costs. I have roughly 3/4 of a million people living within 30 miles of me and unfortunately I don't have quite that many bullets on hand. A bugout shelter in North or South Dakota would come in handy about now.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
lol what

Ha ha ha. Not you man LOL !

Looks like I'm the dummy [emoji16]

I guess I quoted that completely wrong .

( @U&A .....I'm an idiot [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] inside joke )

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the bypass on the one that rattles. I'd at least cut it open and see why it rattled. I wonder if the ones that rattle would leak some even when oil is hot and thin. I'd email champ labs or call them if you can find out more info. I have no real info on the risk, I tested all mine against rattle and none rattled.

I'm a noob, how do you tell which bypass it has?

I ordered them directly from RP so I'm going to try getting it replaced before I cut it open. But if I keep it, I'll cut it open.

Again I'm a noob so I don't know the terminology but if I stick a finger in the filter, the metal "cheese grater wall" moves side to side again the body of the filter.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So MLB is floating the idea to have all the teams travel to one city and play all of the games there, I believe Arizona. Like who is running **** over there? Let's put thirty teams of guys from every corner of America and send them to one spot. If they do this, there will be a new nickname for that city, ground zero, lol. Like it's a sport, it aint that important, wait til the threat is over. If that was my city I would be pissed.