Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
All engines require a break in. I don't care what anyone says. Working in an engine shop proved that to me time and time again. Especially the jet boat guys, drop it in fire it up and throttle it, 30 hrs later it's a new engine.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What weight oil are you running in the 3.6 ? 5w30 working.
Our Mustangs 3.7 does not like 5w30 it did not run right on it so I haf to switch it back to 5w20.

While its under warranty I'm going to be running the specified 0w20 and Mopar filters. My dealer is a stickler for OEM specs and parts so I don't want any issues with them should I need a warranty repair.

The 2017 sounded like a rattle trap on cold starts with the dealer oil and PUP 0w20 but was whisper quiet and smooth on SS 0w20. So after the first few flush oil changes I'll be switching to that.

After the warranty is up and we buy it out I'll probably switch it to SS or RL 0w30.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took me about 2 seconds to find a metal flake in a pleat[emoji15]

I put some of that oil in a cap and in the sun you can clearly see metallic glitter in the oil. Hard to see in the pic but if you zoom in it kind of shows it...13236aab671efd874f456cff877f25e7.jpgd969bdf0aa9c81f00667f888a8504f34.jpga3c2d4e2648c174ff32650733316683e.jpg75bdadb60ad72bc29e6b53a32c10607c.jpg

Last edited:

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
On a different note, for those that dont know we got my wife a 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6 at the end of February. It was at about 500 miles today so I changed the oil and filter. The oil that came out of it had some SERIOUS glitter to it. Like the oil had an almost bronze tint to it. Nothing big in the filter but it was just a little shocking to see all the break in metal floating around in the factory fill. Probably going to change it again at 2 or 3k.....

Thanks for the heads up. We just ordered a WK2 Limited for my wife, right before the shutdown.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Think about this.... There are people saying they had these symptoms back in December.

That means that they made it through with no help from medicine.... Most of them were tested for flu and found negative. They felt like crap not after a week or so started to come out of it.

So, yes, I would expect a very high infected count. But you don't see the death count going up very much vs the infected count. As we test more and more the infected line vs the death rate will start to differ even more

Some experts are estimating when all is said and done will be looking at an actual mortality rate of 0.5-0.8%. that is of the infected not the whole population.

The 600k infected I've heard but it was always referred to as the do little or nothing number. It's seems like we're starting to at least do something so I wouldn't expect that many infected, especially considering some people may have already had it, or at least a strain of it (I think there are 2 confirmed strains now). And if people really have already had it, they may have the antibodies we need.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This had been around since thanksgiving IMO

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Think about this.... There are people saying they had these symptoms back in December.

That means that they made it through with no help from medicine.... Most of them were tested for flu and found negative. They felt like crap not after a week or so started to come out of it.

So, yes, I would expect a very high infected count. But you don't see the death count going up very much vs the infected count. As we test more and more the infected line vs the death rate will start to differ even more

Some experts are estimating when all is said and done will be looking at an actual mortality rate of 0.5-0.8%. that is of the infected not the whole population.

The 600k infected I've heard but it was always referred to as the do little or nothing number. It's seems like we're starting to at least do something so I wouldn't expect that many infected, especially considering some people may have already had it, or at least a strain of it (I think there are 2 confirmed strains now). And if people really have already had it, they may have the antibodies we need.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This had been around since thanksgiving IMO

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here is some light reading, also, I’m trying to pass on as much information as I can from the briefings we get at work without getting in trouble.

AN EXPLANATION from a microbiologist at the CDC(someone way smarter than I):

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than seasonsl flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... i.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

#flattenthecurve Stay home folks or simply away from others who may be carrying it if you can be outdoors somewhere... and share this to those that just are not catching on. [emoji851]

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Here is some light reading, also, I’m trying to pass on as much information as I can from the briefings we get at work without getting in trouble.

AN EXPLANATION from a microbiologist at the CDC(someone way smarter than I):

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than seasonsl flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... i.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

#flattenthecurve Stay home folks or simply away from others who may be carrying it if you can be outdoors somewhere... and share this to those that just are not catching on. [emoji851]

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

Thank you so much Jeff,

I did know some of this and have been preaching it. But not all.

The most irritating part for me (and others) is if i dont got to work (i wish i could isolate, dont care if i dont get paid. Im ready for it) i WILL lose my job. So when do i draw the line and say.....ok, its worth loosing my job.. im almost there. For the safety of my family. I can say that i AM almost there. When this turns around (who knows when) i have a few different skills that can get me back on my feet. Hell. One of them can make me some money during this crap.

Then you have guys like Corey and OCD that have been told they have “essential” jobs.[emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]. I get it. The things Corey dose keeps people connected and informed. OCD also has a job that if he is not there for people than life can get unsanitary.

I get it.

But Metaphorically they are like the foot soldier on the front line for us in this particular situation.

Im ready to take serious action and my governor is weak and wont step up and make decisions.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
@U&A I am in the same boat, when do we call it quits, if one person at my job gets sick, that is 8-12 people getting quarantined, most of which have families.

It’s tough, you can take precautions at work and do what a lot of healthcare providers do. Immediately change clothes and wash hands and face when you get home before touching anything or anyone in your house.

Some friends of mine are bringing changes of clothes and sealing them in plastic bags, then changing in their garage or some where before they make contact with family. Clothes go into the washer right away.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Of course and you know if I hear something about Marshall, I’ll pass on what I can. [emoji6]

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40
From Where you stand and what you know do you think it'll happen? It sounds terrible but honestly they should freeze the banking system. If you have no money you don't go anywhere. You don't have to worry about bills because everything is shut down completely including all banking. I mean the army is giving people for for 3 days in NY right now aren't they? So at that rate there is no worry about food.

Seriously guys zombies woulda been way more fun!!!!

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don’t honestly think we will get to that point, but I do believe that they are going to start hammering people who do not comply with the stay at home protocol. Huge fines, jail time later on, points on licenses, with the DOJ asking to suspend rights, right now, there is no limit to what they can/will do.

As much as possible, without putting yourself or family at jeopardy comply with what they are saying before it gets worse. You REALLY don’t want the military trying to tell you what to do, trust me LoL.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
@U&A I am in the same boat, when do we call it quits, if one person at my job gets sick, that is 8-12 people getting quarantined, most of which have families.

It’s tough, you can take precautions at work and do what a lot of healthcare providers do. Immediately change clothes and wash hands and face when you get home before touching anything or anyone in your house.

Some friends of mine are bringing changes of clothes and sealing them in plastic bags, then changing in their garage or some where before they make contact with family. Clothes go into the washer right away.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

So the scenario where you would all have to get quarantined....

Is it a home quarantine or in a specific place outside of home?

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So the scenario where you would all have to get quarantined....

Is it a home quarantine or in a specific place outside of home?

We would be quarantined away from our families

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

Reactions: U&A

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If we cant go get food, many people would literally starve. Then you have created an issue worse then this corona flu.

It just seams like the gov't is making it up as we go along, we should close borders day one from now on, then no need for all this. I say close the borders permanent anyhow, anyone leaving one way ticket and our wishing you well.