"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm hoping they do a demo video like they do with new radio arrivals and see how it looks like.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Agreed, that looks perfect. I'm a fan of knobs, dials, and huge screens!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like my Linkswell unit is going back too. I rec'd some new parts and it shuts down correctly now. But, this weekend was the first time I've used the truck during the day. This thing is so dim, there's time you cannot even tell if it's powered on. I have the setting in the upper left of the screen pressed 3 times to the highest setting and I have the two scroll bars for daytime/nighttime all the way to the right on the highest setting. Yesterday, I did some research on KitKat 4.4.4 dim screens. I then downloaded an app called night mode to try toggling that on/off as on some tablets it brings back the factory brightness slide bar. I also downloaded Agami car launcher to see if a different set up would be easier to see. No luck with either one. I emailed Linkswell last night with my concerns. Waiting for a response.

Here's some pics from both the drivers and passenger seats showing what the radio looks like on a cloudy, rainy day. This thing is totally useless.

11-24 Linkswell4.jpg

11-24 Linkswell3.jpg

11-24 Linkswell2.JPG

11-24 Linkswell.JPG

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like my Linkswell unit is going back too. I rec'd some new parts and it shuts down correctly now. But, this weekend was the first time I've used the truck during the day. This thing is so dim, there's time you cannot even tell if it's powered on. I have the setting in the upper left of the screen pressed 3 times to the highest setting and I have the two scroll bars for daytime/nighttime all the way to the right on the highest setting. Yesterday, I did some research on KitKat 4.4.4 dim screens. I then downloaded an app called night mode to try toggling that on/off as on some tablets it brings back the factory brightness slide bar. I also downloaded Agami car launcher to see if a different set up would be easier to see. No luck with either one. I emailed Linkswell last night with my concerns. Waiting for a response.

Here's some pics from both the drivers and passenger seats showing what the radio looks like on a cloudy, rainy day. This thing is totally useless.

View attachment 186998

View attachment 186999

View attachment 187000

View attachment 187001

Your faces in the photos say it all.
That's kinda bulls**t, man. Sorry about that.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Total BS..... $1139 POC.

Here's a daytime pic of my old px6 for comparison..... so much brighter even on a sunny day.

px6.JPG

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Just seems like getting a complete working one without one issue or another is like winning the lottery .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, yeap. It took me 3 units to get one that actually works. Now I'm dealing with a stupid misfire from my RAM - I'm starting to hate my truck overall TBH

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha, yeap. It took me 3 units to get one that actually works. Now I'm dealing with a stupid misfire from my RAM - I'm starting to hate my truck overall TBH

Hopefully the misfire is an easier fix than these radios!

I had a misfire recently on my Camaro....for me, new spark plugs solved it. Good chance it's either a bad spark plug, wire or ignition coil. If you individually move those parts from the cylinder with the misfire to another cylinder... Then check to see if that cylinder gets the misfire, that should narrow down what part is bad.

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L

I had a misfire recently on my Camaro....for me, new spark plugs solved it. Good chance it's either a bad spark plug, wire or ignition coil. If you individually move those parts from the cylinder with the misfire to another cylinder... Then check to see if that cylinder gets the misfire, that should narrow down what part is bad.
Well not this one, I tried that and the dealer also did the same thing. They took apart the whole engine and said there was a leak in the intake and also a valve not sitting. They replaced the intake and exhaust valve and I didn't have another misfire for almost 10 months and after it came back on the same f***n cylinder. The did all the repairs under warranty and unfortunately both..truck power train and this work warranties expired. Maybe I should look on the lemon law if the dealer isn't able to fix this.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread but man this truck doesn't give me a break[emoji38]

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well not this one, I tried that and the dealer also did the same thing. They took apart the whole engine and said there was a leak in the intake and also a valve not sitting. They replaced the intake and exhaust valve and I didn't have another misfire for almost 10 months and after it came back on the same f***n cylinder. The did all the repairs under warranty and unfortunately both..truck power train and this work warranties expired. Maybe I should look on the lemon law if the dealer isn't able to fix this.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread but man this truck doesn't give me a break[emoji38]

Call FCA. If the repair was made under warranty and fails within a year, sometimes it's still covered under warranty (labor included as a failed repair/diagnosis). The dealer won't tell you that though, there's no money in that...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I'm almost wondering if your truck has an issue. You've tried enough of these that were I troubleshooting I may begin to look elsewhere for a possible cause.

The screens aren't the brightest on the 4.4.4 and 7.1.1 radios but they shouldn't be that dark.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Linkswell responded today. They said to go into the settings and check to make sure the "bit depth" is set to 8. I didn't drive the truck today, but when I get home from work I'll take a look and see what it's set at.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Linkswell responded today. They said to go into the settings and check to make sure the "bit depth" is set to 8. I didn't drive the truck today, but when I get home from work I'll take a look and see what it's set at.
Honestly, that shouldn't have any effect. If it were set to 6 you'd see a bunch of rainbow like colors on screen.

It looks to me like your backlight isn't on, or is set to the lowest setting.

If you go into the user settings of the Chinese UI menu you should see "dimmer" in the left-hand column. Try setting both sliders for day and night all the way to the right.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have them both slid all the way to the right. And, the brightness button on the upper left side of the screen is pressed 3 times... To its highest position.

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I had a misfire and chooching whistle on my 2013. Turned out to be a combo of broken manifold bolts and failing roller lifter. After repair/replacement and a $6000 bill, now she only wobbles a little at high speeds. Lol

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
I had a misfire and chooching whistle on my 2013. Turned out to be a combo of broken manifold bolts and failing roller lifter. After repair/replacement and a $6000 bill, now she only wobbles a little at high speeds. Lol
haha..6 grand..I better put down that money for another truck.. I'm starting to realize I made a really bad decision buying a RAM..coming from Toyota. Anyways, I hope I get lucky and this can be a cheaper fix.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have them both slid all the way to the right. And, the brightness button on the upper left side of the screen is pressed 3 times... To its highest position.
Ok, this may sound strange, but does anything strange happen if you connect to a WiFi network and try to use the browser to navigate pages?