"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rampool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
So I want to ask, has anyone tried to mod this radio to fit/work in a 2005 ram?

it seems i can install it space wise but id have do my own wiring.

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This literally has nothing to do with tesla style radio but I'm having a serious issue and need all hands on deck.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. As not to mess up this thread please post all comments on my YouTube channel. I seriously honestly appreciate all of you. Thank you for your support.
Adam.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Any updates on your truck? Ever solve the mystery?

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To all who have upgraded to the Tesla style radio and have or your looking to add factory parking sensors. You lose the factory chime. There’s a fix for that. Axxess LC-CHRC-01 2013-Up Chrysler Vehicles Chime Retention Interface Wire Harness. You have to wire it into the harness on your Tesla style radio for this to work. After I did this I separated the LC-CHRC-01 sound model where the sound comes from and disconnected their small speaker inside the module and hooked a 3.5 inch speaker to it running wires to the speaker under front dash. This is really simple white positive wire black negative. The small speaker volume was a little low for me. Now it sounds like the factory parking sensors from before. Don’t try to wire these into your existing car speakers I tried that but the module takes over your car speakers music is muffled. Everything works as factory sensors do you have the sensors on your evic and they show up on your radio screen with the factory sound.

Brandon-ssm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone been able to get the temperature display to work. I know it was mentioned in this thread I don’t recall seeing any answer. When I set mine to display it shows 0c then when I reboot it shows 30c

Android 8.1
10.4” screen size

graeme mackinnon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
can you get the factory 4 trailer settings(light electric, heavy electric and so on)to work on these t style radios because they don't work on alpine upgrades in Australia. they seem to be stuck on light electric.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
sorry for sounding stupid but whats evic as I am new to all of this?
The EVIC is the gauge cluster/speedometer. If you have AlfaOBD you can turn on the menu options in the cluster. At least on the 7" cluster. I don't know if the 3.5 cluster has vehicle options available in it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Side note, still loving my radio! All is working well 1+ year low :) use Apple car play more than anything else but it looks and works flawlessly with this radio. Side note, my DRL’s on the SLT stopped working, any idea how I can (re) activate those? Heard alpha does it, but I seem to remember a setting for this somewhere on the old or new radio....

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Side note, still loving my radio! All is working well 1+ year low :) use Apple car play more than anything else but it looks and works flawlessly with this radio. Side note, my DRL’s on the SLT stopped working, any idea how I can (re) activate those? Heard alpha does it, but I seem to remember a setting for this somewhere on the old or new radio....
Go to console settings across the top it’s in those settings

AndreTheShadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Phew, that was a loooooong thread to read through. I must admit I skipped a few pages (~50 in the middle somewhere), but I feel like I got most of the info I needed.

My biggest question is whether anyone has experience with Phoenix radios for older models? I have a 2012 Outdoorsman. They sell a radio for me, but I noticed most of you have newer models. Anything I should be on the lookout for?

I also have steering wheel controls already. From what I saw, it looked like people had been installing their own aftermarket controls. Does anyone have experience with the OEM ones? According to the website they are supported, but I gather it's not the most trustworthy.

Has anyone added more storage? It seems like it should be a pretty simple proposition to plug in a micro SD or USB stick to one of the available USB ports, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer in my thread search.

Thanks in advance! This is a fantastic tech support resource.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Phew, that was a loooooong thread to read through. I must admit I skipped a few pages (~50 in the middle somewhere), but I feel like I got most of the info I needed.

My biggest question is whether anyone has experience with Phoenix radios for older models? I have a 2012 Outdoorsman. They sell a radio for me, but I noticed most of you have newer models. Anything I should be on the lookout for?

I also have steering wheel controls already. From what I saw, it looked like people had been installing their own aftermarket controls. Does anyone have experience with the OEM ones? According to the website they are supported, but I gather it's not the most trustworthy.

Has anyone added more storage? It seems like it should be a pretty simple proposition to plug in a micro SD or USB stick to one of the available USB ports, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer in my thread search.

Thanks in advance! This is a fantastic tech support resource.
I think you read a couple of things wrong OEM steering wheel controls work. They are easy to set up once radio is installed. Some have install the OEM switches that control volume and ability to change stations on the back of the wheel. My truck is a 2015 bought my radio from Rhino Radios and set up was straight forward hopefully you get a good one as I'm sure from you reading this form they are hit or miss. All of my factory USB ports work as well as the SD card slot I'm able to play movies from a USB thumb drive.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Chris Murray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Liter
They're all made in the same Factory...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I figured they were. I would like to have a right camera for blindspots(added to my side mirror) and when I put my turn signal on it comes on. I also have an old 120gb ipod that has music on it I would like to work.