"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
No. You'll also likely use the manual HVAC far more than the AUX. I haven't had my hands on the 12 inch so I'm not sure how things are coded. They may have made an on screen interface for the AUX buttons too.

I wish the 10.4" screen retained manual HVAC controls...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I'm ok with loosing the buttons because I added my own relay box and switch. I was planning on using the factory aux switches but if I can't use them then I guess I'll be putting it up for sale lol. I still need to play with it more and see if I'm missing anything. I did try to download the carwebguru but it wouldn't let me. I connected to my house wifi. I think I know why my reverse cam isn't working. I forgot to connect the red wire. It does pop the screen up when I put the truck into reverse though. I may have the yellow RCA plugged into the wrong spot.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm ok with loosing the buttons because I added my own relay box and switch. I was planning on using the factory aux switches but if I can't use them then I guess I'll be putting it up for sale lol. I still need to play with it more and see if I'm missing anything. I did try to download the carwebguru but it wouldn't let me. I connected to my house wifi. I think I know why my reverse cam isn't working. I forgot to connect the red wire. It does pop the screen up when I put the truck into reverse though. I may have the yellow RCA plugged into the wrong spot.
Is there an RCA from your aftermarket camera? If it had power before it should have power now too unless you had to cut something to remove your last radio.

I may buy your AUX switches if your selling, but I'd hold onto them a while just in case.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Is there an RCA from your aftermarket camera? If it had power before it should have power now too unless you had to cut something to remove your last radio.

I may buy your AUX switches if your selling, but I'd hold onto them a while just in case.
It's an aftermarket camera so it has the yellow RCA and a red wire. I realized that I didn't connect the power wire from the radio side. I'll give it a try tomorrow after work. I've taped the one plug in for now lol. Still can't get the trader brake controller plugged in. I may try to open up the wire harness more if possible.

I'll definitely keep you in mind if I decide to sell the aux panel. Took me forever to find one. Seemed like everyone wanted one when I was looking lol.

Oh and I figured out the grey wire. Supposedly it's a remote wire. Or at least that's what it was referred to in the one YouTube video I found.

Again I appreciate your help and time.

jimmieJNS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
no need to unwound wire, i thought so to, there new plugs on main harness for new buttons, plug in white plug to top buttons then plug in control switch to where old buttons should be and little white plug from main harness next to that 1

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
no need to unwound wire, i thought so to, there new plugs on main harness for new buttons, plug in white plug to top buttons then plug in control switch to where old buttons should be and little white plug from main harness next to that 1
The tow haul switch get relocated from the left side of the lower part of the dash to the right hand side of the dash. The harness isn't long enough to reach. I've contacted Pheonix and they are going to see what they can do. They've asked me to send them some more pictures of the actual switch from the back. They might be making an extension for it.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I think I read somewhere here a fix for the radio turning off when you go into reverse or another screen. I can not for the life of me find it! So far I'm liking the radio. I have a ton to learn and fiddle around with. I got carwebguru working and starting to play around with it. Need to pull the dash off again to try getting the reverse camera working. Also try to get the front cam working as well.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think I read somewhere here a fix for the radio turning off when you go into reverse or another screen. I can not for the life of me find it! So far I'm liking the radio. I have a ton to learn and fiddle around with. I got carwebguru working and starting to play around with it. Need to pull the dash off again to try getting the reverse camera working. Also try to get the front cam working as well.
If you have an external USB device plugged in, unplug it and see if that cures the restart issue.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
If you have an external USB device plugged in, unplug it and see if that cures the restart issue.

Sorry I miss wrote that, I should have said the music stops, the actual radio stays on. Didn't get a chance to mess with it today. Hopefully tomorrow after work. I might have an answer but I'll have to try it tomorrow.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sorry I miss wrote that, I should have said the music stops, the actual radio stays on. Didn't get a chance to mess with it today. Hopefully tomorrow after work. I might have an answer but I'll have to try it tomorrow.
Ah that's good because the other issue isn't really correctable without hardware changes.

The music stopping is because the music app being used is not whitelisted. Are you using a third party music player?

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
It's the stock radio player that came with the unit. I did download carwebguru and haven't had a chance to really go through it. I'm hoping see if I can get the cameras up and running tomorrow. I did see this post (in the pic) and was wondering if this may change it. a8b396740584ee9ad165f1c7cc7aa5d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's the stock radio player that came with the unit. I did download carwebguru and haven't had a chance to really go through it. I'm hoping see if I can get the cameras up and running tomorrow. I did see this post (in the pic) and was wondering if this may change it. a8b396740584ee9ad165f1c7cc7aa5d0.jpg

Oh, I misunderstood. Yes those settings are what you are looking for if the music turns off in reverse.

Edit: I believe the attenuation option halfs the volume in reverse or there is another setting somewhere called something like "reversing volume"

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Great thank-you! I'll post up tomorrow evening if I get everything up and working.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Ok so new issue lol I fixed the music stopping while in reverse. I tried to use Google maps and get a blank screen. I m not sure why it's like this. If I'm not using the actual directions it shows the map. Also I don't have the same settings for the music in reverse. The pic without the red squares is the way mine is set up. The attenuation setting worked for me though.

I also noticed this morning that the carwebguru doesn't come on when the truck first starts. I have to hit the up arrow on the bottom left of the screen for it to come up. Is there a setting I'm missing? de090ba8fd387070a27e43d48d4c0f40.jpg94f66d5d4032728463bdb578eaa9e928.jpg9f78d3d7470a7baa16610dde4760a51c.jpg

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
So I'm not sure how or what I did the time here. It wasn't 24 hour before. I looked under the console settings and it's set correctly as far as I can tell. Anyone else have this issue?c7253fd8a49965b6d83a406ed6060941.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I'm not sure how or what I did the time here. It wasn't 24 hour before. I looked under the console settings and it's set correctly as far as I can tell. Anyone else have this issue?c7253fd8a49965b6d83a406ed6060941.jpg

There are multiple places to change it in older firmwares. Try looking in another settings menu.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
There are multiple places to change it in older firmwares. Try looking in another settings menu.

No luck. I found three different settings and no dice. All of them say 12h. Not a huge deal. Just thought if I could change it I would. I spent about two hours today playing around with settings and installing Nova launcher and a whole bunch of apps like Spotify and other apps like Alfaobd and obdlink. Love that I can do pretty much everything I can do on my phone on this thing!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No luck. I found three different settings and no dice. All of them say 12h. Not a huge deal. Just thought if I could change it I would. I spent about two hours today playing around with settings and installing Nova launcher and a whole bunch of apps like Spotify and other apps like Alfaobd and obdlink. Love that I can do pretty much everything I can do on my phone on this thing!

You may be able to set it with AlfaOBD to correct the mismatch.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Ahh yes that is a possibility. Gives me something to mess around with next week!