"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Happy birthday!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Appreciate it. Btw I was just browsing their website and noticed there are three spots to click on that are for the Ram. There are three different prices but they all have the same title. I'm really hoping I get the one you posted lol. I've seen a couple videos now that use the three knobs for the heating controls. I'd have to send it back if that's the one that shows up!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks! Appreciate it. Btw I was just browsing their website and noticed there are three spots to click on that are for the Ram. There are three different prices but they all have the same title. I'm really hoping I get the one you posted lol. I've seen a couple videos now that use the three knobs for the heating controls. I'd have to send it back if that's the one that shows up!
Likely the three Android versions with varying combinations of Memory and processor types. I believe you chose the newest version (PX6).

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Likely the three Android versions with varying combinations of Memory and processor types. I believe you chose the newest version (PX6).

I think you're right. The sites a bit glitchy on my phone for some reason. Took me a while to check each one out lol I've also read that the shipping times were kinda long. Hopefully not to long to get to Canada!

jimmieJNS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i ordered the wrong 1 at first and they refunded b4 they sent out and told me the 1 to buy

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
So I read through the 300 pages.....yes every one lol. I've seen the issues and I've see the fixes.....or most of the fixes. I'm now on the FB page mentioned earlier in the posts. The Russian guy seems to know his stuff and depending on how my unit shows up I'll most liky be going with his programming. The only one thing I am concerned with is the physical controls basically bumping the trailer brake controller over to the passenger side and loosing the aux switches at the bottom. If I ever needed to hit the trailer brakes in a panic (hopefully never) reaching over to the passenger side may be an issue. My unit has still yet to ship (only ordered it on the 11th) so I still have a bit to wait.

SitKneelBend and Big Daddy house and others here,,thank you for your time, efforts and mostly patience! Hopefully I get lucky with a unit without issues! Wish me luck!

Btw Big Daddy house, I've watched pretty much every video you have out and have learned a ton! Keep up the good work and videos!

Janzki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hey guys !

Such a long thread so trying my luck just asking.

As I have an 2020 Ram 1500Classic and it had issues here with the oem 8.4 uconnect, I decided to go with the Tesla style.

Ordered one with android 9, px6 equipped with 4gb of ram and 128gb rom. Everything else seems to work fine BUT the rpm and speedo is showing zero (0).

I’ve checked wiring and everything regarding the installation and can’t find the issue. Is there a common or known issue on these with my symptoms?

Thank you for your help if any !

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Hey guys, my px6 finally came in Yay! Question for you gurus. Pink with black wire, comes from the radio side of the main harness. Grey wire coming from the truck side main harness. Both these wires are not labeled and I'm not sure what they are for. Also I have two reverse power supply wires, one from each of the other RCA's harnesses. I assume that one or both can be used for the aftermarket reverse camera? I also have a front camera I'd like to hook up, can I use one for that? Thanks again guys, the unit goes in tomorrow!

Screenshot_20210209-215035_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-215028_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-215014_Facebook.jpg

jimmieJNS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
got mine today, already install without a hitch, i used stock gps antenna.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys, my px6 finally came in Yay! Question for you gurus. Pink with black wire, comes from the radio side of the main harness. Grey wire coming from the truck side main harness. Both these wires are not labeled and I'm not sure what they are for. Also I have two reverse power supply wires, one from each of the other RCA's harnesses. I assume that one or both can be used for the aftermarket reverse camera? I also have a front camera I'd like to hook up, can I use one for that? Thanks again guys, the unit goes in tomorrow!

View attachment 237062

View attachment 237063

View attachment 237064
Do you have a factory reverse camera?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys !

Such a long thread so trying my luck just asking.

As I have an 2020 Ram 1500Classic and it had issues here with the oem 8.4 uconnect, I decided to go with the Tesla style.

Ordered one with android 9, px6 equipped with 4gb of ram and 128gb rom. Everything else seems to work fine BUT the rpm and speedo is showing zero (0).

I’ve checked wiring and everything regarding the installation and can’t find the issue. Is there a common or known issue on these with my symptoms?

Thank you for your help if any !
What was the issue with your OEM radio and what kind of OEM radio was it?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No sir I do have an aftermarket tailgate handle camera. Looks factory though.
Is the aftermarket camera currently working on tour OEM radio? If so, don't worry about the extra wires and just try the plug and play route first.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Is the aftermarket camera currently working on tour OEM radio? If so, don't worry about the extra wires and just try the plug and play route first.

I never had a camera on my OEM radio. I had it on my old Kenwood.

I'm having a hell of a time with these plugs though. Where the trailer brake controller is isn't anywhere near long enough to reach and the main plug doesn't want to stay plugged in. It's -10c here and I'm getting quite pissed off to say the least

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I never had a camera on my OEM radio. I had it on my old Kenwood.

I'm having a hell of a time with these plugs though. Where the trailer brake controller is isn't anywhere near long enough to reach and the main plug doesn't want to stay plugged in. It's -10c here and I'm getting quite pissed off to say the least
I'd have to see a picture of what you are referring too. As far as I know the trailer brake should not get unplugged on the 10.4.

The two backup camera plugs are for when you have a factory backup camera. In your case you will plug the aftermarket camera directly into the radio side RCA of the harness.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I'd have to see a picture of what you are referring too. As far as I know the trailer brake should not get unplugged on the 10.4.

The two backup camera plugs are for when you have a factory backup camera. In your case you will plug the aftermarket camera directly into the radio side RCA of the harness.

I'll try to grab a picture of what I'm talking about. Is there a way to post a video here? I think you are on the FB page as well, I could post it there as well. I have a service call in about an hour to see what they say.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
This is what it looks like once I moved everything over from the old bezel. The brake control has been relocated to the right side of the bezel. Normally it's at the bottom left side with wire to spare lol

Screenshot_20210209-184529_Facebook.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is what it looks like once I moved everything over from the old bezel. The brake control has been relocated to the right side of the bezel. Normally it's at the bottom left side with wire to spare lol

View attachment 237125
Ah I see. Well you "might" be able to unwrap the wiring harness to get a little more slack for it. Have you contacted the seller to see if they have a solution for this? Sometimes they only offer it when asked.

I don't have a Facebook page. This is as close as I get to social media...

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Ah I see. Well you "might" be able to unwrap the wiring harness to get a little more slack for it. Have you contacted the seller to see if they have a solution for this? Sometimes they only offer it when asked.

I don't have a Facebook page. This is as close as I get to social media...

I tried to unwrap the wires but it was still just too short to make it. I did speak to their tech guys via video and they grabbed screen shots of what I was talking about. Hopefully they can send me an adapter harness to extend it. Also it looks like I'll be losing the aux buttons as well. I haven't seen anywhere yet where I can use them. I'm wondering if I can take out the manual controls and put the aux panel back in and use the on screen HVAC. Do you think that's an option?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I tried to unwrap the wires but it was still just too short to make it. I did speak to their tech guys via video and they grabbed screen shots of what I was talking about. Hopefully they can send me an adapter harness to extend it. Also it looks like I'll be losing the aux buttons as well. I haven't seen anywhere yet where I can use them. I'm wondering if I can take out the manual controls and put the aux panel back in and use the on screen HVAC. Do you think that's an option?
No. You'll also likely use the manual HVAC far more than the AUX. I haven't had my hands on the 12 inch so I'm not sure how things are coded. They may have made an on screen interface for the AUX buttons too.

I wish the 10.4" screen retained manual HVAC controls...