"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babushka1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
Hello i just got my px6 android 9 and i cant get the exausht brake and the other 6 buttons on top to work the only one out of the 7 working is the emergency flashers one. And also i cant get the back up camera to show uo on the screen when i go into reverse plus screen says video dissabled for my safty.please helo ans any help is appropriated. Thank you

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had mine almost two years now and love it. I would buy another one if something happened to this one.

Aprim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought a Linkswell GEN 4 Unit and been using it for a few weeks now. I'm pretty happy with mine but there are a few things I don't love but I'm definitely happy with my purchase.

My main biggest problem is no fav's in the Bluetooth phone. I loved having Favs on my Uconnect that I could just push but the button. Now I have to scroll through recent to find, Wife, Mom, son whomever.

2nd, no voice control. There is a way to do a voice search but I miss being able to voice txt people or call. You can however ask to find directions with the google search. I can do this connected to Android Auto but when you have a tablet in thetruck why use Android auto?

There are other little things too, like when I start my car I need to connect to SXM or Pandora and start a station. I like turning on my truck and having everything ready. Now I have to let it boot, connect to wifi, connect to SXM and then I can press play.

Things I love are being able to surf the net, Youtube, Prime Video, load Android auto, Waze and more. Linkswell allows you to connect a Mic so my calls are great. Set up was easy and it looks really good in the truck. Way more options and it's pretty bad ***.

Camera's work, HVAC work, all systems are good. I think Linkswell nails it. Their tech support has a facebook page and they interact with people all the time.

For years I been looking at getting this system and reading these boards so I thought I would let you guys know my experience so far.

Any questions ask away.

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I have spent the better part of the last 3 evenings reading though all of this thread and feel like my brain is about to pop. Hoping for some help here to see if what I want to do is actually possible with one of these units. Can anyone let me know if this setup is possible or if I should just quit while I'm ahead? Thanks in advance!

What I Have
2015 Ram 2500 w/ Uconnect 3C with 8.4" Display
7 Speed Blower
Backup camera displays on 8.4"
No cargo camera

What I Want To Retain
Backup camera display
Steering Wheel Controls
Bluetooth
SiriusXM (I understand this isn't possible without the app on my phone?)
All of the truck settings programming capabilities in the stock unit)
Don't care about voice control or NAV

What I Want To Add
2 additional cameras that can be viewed at all times while in motion (1 in the bed to assist in hitching a 5th wheel, 1 on back of 5th wheel)
Monitor TPMS that will be installed in 5th wheel tires
Apple CarPlay

In a perfect world I would want to view Apple Maps via CarPlay and both the bed camera and 5th Wheel camera at the same time along with the TPMS levels.

Dbow20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the gen IV linkswell does the auto ac/heated seats work on start up? I think it’s called the auto on function in the factory radio.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone changed the boot animation on their Linkswell T-style? Linkswell includes a bootanimation app with the unit. I created a zip file with the images and the description text file.... just not exactly sure how to get it to work. Thanks!

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LMAO....you didn't sell your junk on eBay or Craigslist yet?

Serge Durand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have "Tesla Style" 10.4 Android version 7.1 Can I update to android 9 or 10. If i can, do you know where i find the img files. Thank you

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have "Tesla Style" 10.4 Android version 7.1 Can I update to android 9 or 10. If i can, do you know where i find the img files. Thank you
As far as I know.....you can't update the version of Android on these radios.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a heads up for those looking to purchase one of these t-style radios.... Linkswell's customer service is no where even close to what it was just two years or so ago when I bought mine. A couple months ago we bought another one from them for a '19 Classic. Emailed Linkswell's support and got no response for 5 days. After forwarding the email to them....and asking if they still offer customer support for these, they answered. They want to push the support away from them and along to their re-sellers. Sad. There was a day I could get 5 or 6 responses from them in a day or two. Boy have things changed.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed it myself. I've installed 3 from Phoenix and then mine from Linkswell (multiple times for each unit).....and then this new unit on the 2019 Classic. When I first was looking at purchasing one of these, a local distributor for Linkswell here in NJ said they installed one for a customer. So, I probably know more about these than most of the Linkswell re-sellers/installers. Oh yeah, Linkswell's response recently never even answered my question. And, if they didn't know the answer....there's no way a Linkswell re-seller would. I asked them about the filename and where to find the file for their customized boot-up animation that I want to replace. My unit came from them with a pre-installed app to change the animation. Before I try to install the new animation, I wanted to make a copy of their original file in case I need to go back to it. They couldn't/wouldn't answer my questions. Sad.

Pancho1310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
1640132283354.png I just purchased and now installing a ZW Android Tesla Style Radio with carplay, GPS Navigation and multimedia player for my 2017 Ram. I have the, GPS and bluetooth antenna installed and working. The wheel controls all work. Radio works. Problems:

I can't find where I can connect to my local WiFi Netowrk

I can't seem to get my AC controls to work. If you are familiar with the unit I have in Settings selected Hi, saved and rebooted the system but still not connected.

I anyone has any experience with these units I would appreciate some expertise.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 480331 I just purchased and now installing a ZW Android Tesla Style Radio with carplay, GPS Navigation and multimedia player for my 2017 Ram. I have the, GPS and bluetooth antenna installed and working. The wheel controls all work. Radio works. Problems:

I can't find where I can connect to my local WiFi Netowrk

I can't seem to get my AC controls to work. If you are familiar with the unit I have in Settings selected Hi, saved and rebooted the system but still not connected.

I anyone has any experience with these units I would appreciate some expertise.

Where did you purchase it from? Did your truck come with auto climate control and a 7 speed fan? Have you checked the connection for the AC controls to make sure it was fully seated?