"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon martin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So where does the unit get the outside temperature reading from. It never matches what my truck says. So times it's a difference of 2-3 degrees and sometimes 15 degree difference

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So where does the unit get the outside temperature reading from. It never matches what my truck says. So times it's a difference of 2-3 degrees and sometimes 15 degree difference
I have no idea honestly. I don't see that stuff on my display...d56a97ff35eea753202d1dedd43f4ab4.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

jmckeejr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't get Temp display either (7.1 fastboot unit from Rhino Radios).

Does anyone else have a problem with defrost not working correctly? It says it's on and it blows out but I don't think my AC unit is kicking in to dry out the air. Too cold to test ac here. I had an extra plug that came with unit but no harness to connect it to. I don't have auto air controls so figured it was for that. I plugged in both harness plugs that went to my old Temp controls. I was driving home from airport and notice my windows would be way more foggy than any time in the past. Had to put it on high and still had some fog on side windows and top of windshield. Back window completely Co overed no matter what. Any ideas?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I see a few different places selling these. Are they different brands or all the same thing just relabeled? Is there one brand or distributor better than the others?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I see a few different places selling these. Are they different brands or all the same thing just relabeled? Is there one brand or distributor better than the others?
Same thing different sellers. Some have modified the firmware slightly and Linkswell appears to have modified the software slightly and wired in an external microphone.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't get Temp display either (7.1 fastboot unit from Rhino Radios).

Does anyone else have a problem with defrost not working correctly? It says it's on and it blows out but I don't think my AC unit is kicking in to dry out the air. Too cold to test ac here. I had an extra plug that came with unit but no harness to connect it to. I don't have auto air controls so figured it was for that. I plugged in both harness plugs that went to my old Temp controls. I was driving home from airport and notice my windows would be way more foggy than any time in the past. Had to put it on high and still had some fog on side windows and top of windshield. Back window completely Co overed no matter what. Any ideas?
I'll give it a try today and let you know. The extra harness is for higher trims...

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same thing different sellers. Some have modified the firmware slightly and Linkswell appears to have modified the software slightly and wired in an external microphone.

Thank you. So is linkswell or phoenix the preferred "brand"? External mic is just for bluetooth calling?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank you. So is linkswell or phoenix the preferred "brand"? External mic is just for bluetooth calling?
In my opinion, Linkswell is way over priced but you'll likely get the best support from them.

Phoenix Android is priced ok, but support is not as good and requires a lot of customer persistence to get a resolution but they do typically always respond (eventually).

The external mic is for improved Bluetooth calling but can easily be done by the customer if they have some rudimentary technical skill.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my opinion, Linkswell is way over priced but you'll likely get the best support from them.

Phoenix Android is priced ok, but support is not as good and requires a lot of customer persistence to get a resolution but they do typically always respond (eventually).

The external mic is for improved Bluetooth calling but can easily be done by the customer if they have some rudimentary technical skill.

Thank you very much for the info!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I tried this out. Cycling through using the selector button for air routing, the A/C does not come on with defrost.

However, using the Max Defrost button at the bottom of the HVAC screen automatically engages the A/C and kicks the fan speed up to 4.

So it works, but I think the fan speed only going to 4 is a programming oversight for the different blower speeds on certain trims (it should go to 7 on mine). I can manually turn the fan speed up to 7 though.

casda13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have there been any updates regarding this radio and air Suspension on trailer brakes

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Have there been any updates regarding this radio and air Suspension on trailer brakes
Is there a problem with them? Aren't the trailer brakes controlled by a separate module under the radio bezel?

casda13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted to check before I buy the unit. Yes the trailer brakes are controlled separately but there's a menu option in the radio where you assign the type of trailer brake. If it'll stay set to that then that's okay. For the air suspension I need to be able to turn it off when jacking up the car

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I wanted to check before I buy the unit. Yes the trailer brakes are controlled separately but there's a menu option in the radio where you assign the type of trailer brake. If it'll stay set to that then that's okay. For the air suspension I need to be able to turn it off when jacking up the car
I see, I don't have either of those options so I can't answer but there are several folks on here using these radios that I believe have those options so maybe they can chime in...they may be in a different time zone so they won't see this for a while possibly.

TEC Tactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered one from Phoenix but just returned it. They would never respond to my tickets and just close them out.
#1 Mic sucked, Yes I saw how to use the factory ones.
#2 The factory reverse camera would not come on, "No signal"
#3 The temp setting was too coarse , I would have to max it one way or the other, then adjust it after the temp felt right in the truck. Set at 70° and the air would be 60°
#4 The door open indicator. My door was closed on the dashboard but the radio, I needed to open and close the door at least 2-3 times to get it off the radio screen.
#5 The USB media would play ONCE. then there was no audio if I changed sources. I would need to do a complete reset to use it ONCE again.
#6 The Nav could not use the vehicle as UP. it would only use true north for travel. ( I like my vehicle showing "up" )

This was ordered a month ago and returned last week. I guess Ill wait until there is more updates to them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I ordered one from Phoenix but just returned it. They would never respond to my tickets and just close them out.
#1 Mic sucked, Yes I saw how to use the factory ones.
#2 The factory reverse camera would not come on, "No signal"
#3 The temp setting was too coarse , I would have to max it one way or the other, then adjust it after the temp felt right in the truck. Set at 70° and the air would be 60°
#4 The door open indicator. My door was closed on the dashboard but the radio, I needed to open and close the door at least 2-3 times to get it off the radio screen.
#5 The USB media would play ONCE. then there was no audio if I changed sources. I would need to do a complete reset to use it ONCE again.
#6 The Nav could not use the vehicle as UP. it would only use true north for travel. ( I like my vehicle showing "up" )

This was ordered a month ago and returned last week. I guess Ill wait until there is more updates to them.
Your #1, what do you mean you saw how to use the factory ones? Do you mean using the OEM microphone?

Yes, Dylan marks everything closed after he answers you even if he asks you a question (super annoying).

TEC Tactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, OEM mic,
They never answered the questions. The tickets were closed and deleted. I did a search and my topic did not show up anywhere.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, OEM mic,
They never answered the questions. The tickets were closed and deleted. I did a search and my topic did not show up anywhere.
I'm very interested in what you are referring too. Can you provide details on getting the OEM microphone working?