"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've tried to install the November update from phoenix but it fails during install
Interesting, there should be a December update as well. I'm trying to compare yours to @mdifilippo 's screen because he had the same HVAC issue. It looks like your MCU version is the same as mine and it should be different (for auto/heated everything).

Maybe he can post his system info version in thread if he's not too busy. He sent it to me, but I can't see it now for some reason.

Here is the latest multiple theme firmware...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omp78fuasgnzqoz/px3.img?dl=0

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, you may have an additional issue as well. I've had no problems flashing firmwares. I would contact Phoenix and have them confirm what they flashed your upgrade with.

Is the file name px3.img?

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, you may have an additional issue as well. I've had no problems flashing firmwares. I would contact Phoenix and have them confirm what they flashed your upgrade with.

Is the file name px3.img?

Yes, the file name is correct. Thanks again for your help. I'll try to get in touch with them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, the file name is correct. Thanks again for your help. I'll try to get in touch with them.
No problem. I was hoping for a quick kill...I'll post up that sys info screen when I get it.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oddly I've had the MCU version show up differently at times *head scratch. Here is my current version

IMG_20181228_171422 1.jpg

jon martin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if you can turn off the door sensor on the radio. For some reason I have to almost slam the door for the radio to say door is closed sometimes. Its starting to get really annoying

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does anyone know if you can turn off the door sensor on the radio. For some reason I have to almost slam the door for the radio to say door is closed sometimes. Its starting to get really annoying
It's an option on the fastboot model but I don't think so if you are using the stock launcher on the non fast boot version...

Last edited:
OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I actually had this issue after switching to the fast boot version even with turning off the door alert in the settings. Didn't seem to matter if i left the door open when i started the truck or with the door closed, it always said the door was open until i opened it and slammed it. Also happened with a nonstock launcher loading.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I actually had this issue after switching to the fast boot version even with turning off the door alert in the settings. Didn't seem to matter if i left the door open when i started the truck or with the door closed, it always said the door was open until i opened it and slammed it. Also happened with a nonstock launcher loading.
I turned off the feature in settings straight away so I didn't notice.

jon martin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where do you find it in the settings. I didn't see it in System setting and dont have the password for the advance settings.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Where do you find it in the settings. I didn't see it in System setting and dont have the password for the advance settings.
Post a picture of your System info/version screen. It will look like this.

e7850a0d4ff2c9a9c88548ccb340559e.jpg

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Passwords should be 8861 and 7890 unless you performed additional skin update

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, you should have the option in the hidden menu (password 7890). Access it by holding down on the text area of the screen you just sent me.

The setting you want is in the system settings section near the bottom...set "show door state" to off. 9e7ecd0e770c38d6f8b5a611c34e34e7.jpg

jon martin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I followed you directions. I turned it off in the settings but it still shows when a door is open. It seem to be working now and I dont have to slam the door.

jon martin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any recommendations on a dvr or front camera. Was thinking about adding both

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Any recommendations on a dvr or front camera. Was thinking about adding both
Honestly, I can't get mine to work with the cameras I have but I would buy a separate DVR. The onboard DVR uses the radio's non removeable storage and I'd want to limit the writes to that as much as possible.

You can get a Blackvue 2 channel. I have a 650 but I think the latest is a 950. They are excellent cameras, feature-rich and you can install the app on your radio and/or phone. Mine has been running non-stop for 3 years now on the original SD card without issue.

If you don't want a separate camera system I believe the only way to get the onboard DVR to work is with a USB camera of some kind. I've tried the RCA inputs and none will display in the stock DVR app.