"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after 7 months of no response from Phoenix I decided to send another email a week ago . Low and behold they say

I have forwarded this to the technician.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Ticket: https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/116721
Thank you

Tania

Phoenix Automotive
663 S Brea Canyon Road Suite 8
Walnut, CA 91789
United States
Email: [email protected]
Toll-free: +187PHOENIX0 ( +18774636490 )
Office: +13239179038
Fax: +13239160483
Whatsapp: +13239179038
Facebook Messenger: @PhoenixAndroidRadios
Hours:
Monday: 9AM–6PM
Tuesday: 9AM–6PM
Wednesday: 9AM–6PM
Thursday: 9AM–6PM
Friday: 9AM–6PM
Saturday: 10AM–4PM

I have been waiting for a fix to my issue for over 7 months , the last communication you said you were going to send the video to a engineer but i have never heard back from you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after 7 months of no response from Phoenix I decided to send another email a week ago . Low and behold they say

I have forwarded this to the technician.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Ticket: https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/116721
Thank you

Tania

Phoenix Automotive
663 S Brea Canyon Road Suite 8
Walnut, CA 91789
United States
Email: [email protected]
Toll-free: +187PHOENIX0 ( +18774636490 )
Office: +13239179038
Fax: +13239160483
Whatsapp: +13239179038
Facebook Messenger: @PhoenixAndroidRadios
Hours:
Monday: 9AM–6PM
Tuesday: 9AM–6PM
Wednesday: 9AM–6PM
Thursday: 9AM–6PM
Friday: 9AM–6PM
Saturday: 10AM–4PM

I have been waiting for a fix to my issue for over 7 months , the last communication you said you were going to send the video to a engineer but i have never heard back from you .

So my only reply to this is a automated notice that my ticket will be closed in 1 day if I don’t reply !! Reply to what

This is what they do there ticketing system is basically just bs and they open a ticket and let it self close hoping you will just go away .
Pathetic
So I replied back to it to prevent it from closing but not sure what I’m supposed to say . Other then please fix my issue .

aleveric

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hi, newb here. I have a 2011 Cadillac CTS with a Tesla-style HU. I know this is a Ram forum, but most things I’ve seen here apply to my application too. I’ve read every page looking for a solution to my problem. Holy crap I have learned a lot along the way! My UI is looking pretty sick now lol!! Thank you! My problem is the climate control readout in my console is stuck in Celsius and I don’t have the “unit” option in the console settings to change to metric (which has worked for others). I have Android 4.4.4 spoofed to 7.1.1 (another thing I’ve learned Here). Anyone know where else that console setting might be hiding? Also, I was wondering if anyone has the passcode for the Developer Settings area? I want to get in there and see if I can enable resizing so I can split screen two apps (Waze and Pandora ). One last thing, I’ve lost all sound effects to my car. No blinker noises, no dings, beeps, or chimes. Is this normal?

41E90D4A-4FA6-4EB2-BC0D-E20D130926C9.png

JustLovett0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8cyl
Hi, newb here. I have a 2011 Cadillac CTS with a Tesla-style HU. I know this is a Ram forum, but most things I’ve seen here apply to my application too. I’ve read every page looking for a solution to my problem. Holy crap I have learned a lot along the way! My UI is looking pretty sick now lol!! Thank you! My problem is the climate control readout in my console is stuck in Celsius and I don’t have the “unit” option in the console settings to change to metric (which has worked for others). I have Android 4.4.4 spoofed to 7.1.1 (another thing I’ve learned Here). Anyone know where else that console setting might be hiding? Also, I was wondering if anyone has the passcode for the Developer Settings area? I want to get in there and see if I can enable resizing so I can split screen two apps (Waze and Pandora ). One last thing, I’ve lost all sound effects to my car. No blinker noises, no dings, beeps, or chimes. Is this normal?

View attachment 189646

Check Advanced Settings, and on that firmware menu you sent the picture of, tap and hold on "20161207" in the middle of the text and another keypad should pop up. Those are also developer settings.

A Couple codes that may work:

kev-oh11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased the PX6 unit from Rhino Radios and installed it into my 2016 Ram. I have had a couple of issues that I have resolved on my own but was wondering if anyone else has had issues and fixes for the rear speakers not working with the Alpine system in their truck with the PX6 specifically. I read somewhere in here that someone had issues with an early model but I could not find if it had been resolved. I had issues with the AC controls not showing the number change after hitting up or down on the temp and also my cluster was showing Kph instead of MPH. Funny thing is when I changed the setting in the console to metric it would show mph in cluster but the ac controls would not show properly but if I changed it to US it would show in KPH but AC controls worked fine. I can live with the metric miles driven to have proper working AC controls but the speaker issue really sucks. Any ideas or fixes would be great! Everything else about this unit is awesome.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased the PX6 unit from Rhino Radios and installed it into my 2016 Ram. I have had a couple of issues that I have resolved on my own but was wondering if anyone else has had issues and fixes for the rear speakers not working with the Alpine system in their truck with the PX6 specifically. I read somewhere in here that someone had issues with an early model but I could not find if it had been resolved. I had issues with the AC controls not showing the number change after hitting up or down on the temp and also my cluster was showing Kph instead of MPH. Funny thing is when I changed the setting in the console to metric it would show mph in cluster but the ac controls would not show properly but if I changed it to US it would show in KPH but AC controls worked fine. I can live with the metric miles driven to have proper working AC controls but the speaker issue really sucks. Any ideas or fixes would be great! Everything else about this unit is awesome.

Sorry I have not seen anything about your speaker issue , but curious on your ac control issue and what values it shows on yours ?
Mine shows low , then 48,48,48,48 then 71,48,48 then 77 , 48 48 48 then 91 then 48 then 48 then hi

Last edited:

JustLovett0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8cyl

@kev-oh11 @Jordanp

The Alpine Dodge Ram truck is wired differently on the main harness of these Radios. Not sure what the Rhino Radio harness has, but I'll send a picture of the Harness I'm familiar with and an explanation of re-wiring. Check out this Folder I've linked below. I included a whole bunch of explanation about the photos in the "LO VS HI Meaning & Explanation" document.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-31JnwDLw8CikQbooZyuy658H--45xeF?usp=sharing

kev-oh11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Jordanp , mine was doing the same. Went under console and switched to metric. Fixes ac problem but gives your total mileage driven, fuel economy etc on the cluster in metric. I'd rather have a controls working than the worry about the metric stuff. If I need to know my mileage I'll just swap back to US. It's ok for now. A couple of bugs is ok but no tear speakers....not so much.

kev-oh11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@JustLovett0

Thanks, I will look at this tonight on a computer. I work offshore and won't be able to photograph my cables until I get back home in 1.5 weeks.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Jordanp , mine was doing the same. Went under console and switched to metric. Fixes ac problem but gives your total mileage driven, fuel economy etc on the cluster in metric. I'd rather have a controls working than the worry about the metric stuff. If I need to know my mileage I'll just swap back to US. It's ok for now. A couple of bugs is ok but no tear speakers....not so much.

I will try this , rather have ac work for now but sucks to also have in metric lol

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I’ve been trying to solve this for 7 months , that does work , unbelievable lol .
Now to figure out how to fix the actual console to show not metric .
Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’ve been trying to solve this for 7 months , that does work , unbelievable lol .
Thanks

Maybe Alfa can override the settings?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

kev-oh11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks

That is good news. lol

gtluck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ya.. You should try the FW and MCU updates I received.
If they don't fix your issues I'd be surprised
I can send you dropbox links if you wish?

I am just finding this thread and am having the same issue as NJ4X4 in regards to the backup camera staying on upon startup. Would it be possible to get your latest updates and try to upload them to see if that corrects my problem. I am out of the 30 day window for a refund so I have nothing to loose at this point. Thanks in advance.

aleveric

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Anybody else lose all the sound effects of their vehicle? Like blinker ticks and button beeps and stuff like that?

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am just finding this thread and am having the same issue as NJ4X4 in regards to the backup camera staying on upon startup. Would it be possible to get your latest updates and try to upload them to see if that corrects my problem. I am out of the 30 day window for a refund so I have nothing to loose at this point. Thanks in advance.

If you don't get the updated files from SteveLabus, I can send you the updates I rec'd from Phoenix for you to try. But, when I installed them....It didn't fix mine.

gtluck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
@NJ4X4 Thanks, I am waiting to hear from SteveLabus about the update files. I am hoping something fixes it as I am now stuck with this unit or have to switch back to the stock radio.

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@NJ4X4 Thanks, I am waiting to hear from SteveLabus about the update files. I am hoping something fixes it as I am now stuck with this unit or have to switch back to the stock radio.

Sorry for the late reply.
I can try uploading my most current files to dropbox when I get home tonight. They are for the PX6 version. Hopefully it will help

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

DMd you the links with instructions.
Only perform on a PX6 unit.
Can't guarantee that it will work, but my fingers are crossed for you.
My unit is still working perfectly since using these files. Even just installed a reverse camera recently and it works perfectly as well.
So who knows.