Towing a fifth wheel - confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I didn't realize we had rules to follow when camping ;)

Tell you what. I bought my RV because it allows me to get out of the house, do road trips, see something new, go on hikes/'yaking, all while being comfortable inside when it is colder, or rainy etc. So just because I love the outdoors, doesn't mean I also don't like reclining in a leather couch at the end of the day where I can stretch out my feet in front of a gas fireplace, enjoy a proper shower etc etc.

Try a modern/luxurious trailer sometime, you might actually like it. I definitely use my trailer with all it's creature comforts more than I would, if I had some 30 year old bare bones trailer. So in the end, my modern trailer gets me into nature more often.

Just a different perspective for you, not saying you have to change your mind.

No offense intended Sir, I apologize if I came off that way or was overly preachy about the subject. After nearly 40 years of camping, I have my ideas of what real camping is, but it's not for everyone. Nor are folks who roll in the quadruple slide trailers necessarily doing it wrong.

Just my opinion and nothing more. Different strokes for different folks. That's why they build em' . We may upgrade to a larger unit in the next few years, but probably the standard no slide bunkhouse floor plan that many OEMs produce. (Jayco 26BH) Camping is great regardless of how you do it.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
No offense intended Sir, I apologize if I came off that way or was overly preachy about the subject. After nearly 40 years of camping, I have my ideas of what real camping is, but it's not for everyone. Nor are folks who roll in the quadruple slide trailers necessarily doing it wrong.

Just my opinion and nothing more. Different strokes for different folks. That's why they build em' . We may upgrade to a larger unit in the next few years, but probably the standard no slide bunkhouse floor plan that many OEMs produce. (Jayco 26BH) Camping is great regardless of how you do it.

IMHO, real camping is backpacking everything in to a place where you won’t see another group of humans the entire time you’re there. My old bones can’t take sleeping like that any more, so I have a fifth wheel with a king size bed and a big generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
IMHO, real camping is backpacking everything in to a place where you won’t see another group of humans the entire time you’re there. My old bones can’t take sleeping like that any more, so I have a fifth wheel with a king size bed and a big generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back packing is cute. Try hiking with 80 pounds of gear, and then it's your turn to carry the baseplate that adds 40 pounds if I remembered right.

And I wonder why my knees and hips are toast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007