Transmission recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
From what I remember there is a valve body recall on my truck. if I change my fluid and filter will they just reuse my fluid or do they put in fresh? I use my truck everyday and havent had time and dont know when i will have time to leave my truck with the dealer for multiple days. I have 4 or 5 recalls now.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2014 Hemi 6.4 and have had all my recalls done at the dealer. I don't remember anything like you describe. There was a recent thread where some of us were complaining about the trannys and the valve body maybe being a weak point (mine blew up at 38K).

Anyway, I definitely haven't had any recall where they drained the fluid from the tranny as far as I know.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
There is a solenoid(that’s inside the transmission) recall, but I don’t believe it went back to ‘14. It’s funny since I had the problem, and it was replaced under warranty. I don’t remember what happened on the fluid/filter. I’m 800 miles away from my truck and paperwork, but I can look when I get back to it if nobody else can shed some light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ah yes it was a solenoid. Mines a 16 and I've had the issue one time but turning the truck off and restarting it fixed it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Ah yes it was a solenoid. Mines a 16 and I've had the issue one time but turning the truck off and restarting it fixed it

I’ve had the shifting issue lately. I’ve asked my dealer to do the recall twice now when in for service and they’ve yet to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
FCA won’t pay for new fluid or a filter so they have to reuse the fluid and will top up if needed. Not a bad idea to pay a bit to get fresh fluid and a filter.

2015HemiSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2015 Crew Cab 2500HD is in the shop right now getting the solenoid pack in the trans replaced.It went into limp mode after getting off the highway.I just got the truck 2 months ago with 57K on it so it was still under warranty from the dealership.It has 62K on it now so while it's there I am having them do the 60K service on it as well as replacing all my fluids in the drivetrain.

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I took my truck in for recall. When I went in my DRL worked and my Cargo lights worked. Now they do not beware of San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. After about 3 hours of them screwing around I drove my Truck Home.

onebad800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
my tranny went out at 100K, dealer had it for 5 weeks was ridiculous...

kgaligher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the truck do or act like if this solenoid is acting up?