Truck died help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please help my truck is a 2013 ram 1500 Laramie longhorn lifted, have any of you guys had your truck just die while driving down the road? Just filled up my tank from half full went thru some mud drove 2km and died she turns over fast and hard but won't fire at all. I have to get it towed 200kms to dodge if I can't figure it out. I'm thinking fuel pump went but there were no signs at all and just died on me was hopping someone can shine some light on my ****** up situation and I work out of town

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
No magic bullet here other than it needs to get deep dived checking the basics of fuel, air, spark and timing.

Wicked96SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks, sorry to hear it.

What DTC codes has it thrown? Should tell you what's up! If you don't have a scanner, then try the "manual" way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYRGZyexqc

(Key in ignition OFF Position, turn it on 3 times, leaving it in the ON position the last time.)

(That is if you don't have a push button start)

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
check the fuse box and the motor fuse- should be a 10A - on my old truck was Fuse #10 - don't know on the newer.
Had the same problem and ended up with a new TIPM due to a bad connection there.
Other than that- I know the Fuel Pump Relay hanging up sometimes. This would be a quick and relatively cheap try and worth it.
other than that, you might have to get it to a dealer. Impossible to say if you're not on the vehicle.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bad fuel most likely. Going to have to drop the tank if its debris related. You sure you put E10 in it????