Trying to level again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 6" superlift with bilstein's set at 2.8 on my 2015 1500 QC. Truck set almost perfectly level. Then I put a go rhino bumper and winch on the front. Now I'm sitting nose down again. Wondering if anyone has a solution for this (other than lowering the rear). I can't find where anyone sells a stiffer spring for this truck. Would swapping to a mega-cab spring or something similar work?

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I have a 6" superlift with bilstein's set at 2.8 on my 2015 1500 QC. Truck set almost perfectly level. Then I put a go rhino bumper and winch on the front. Now I'm sitting nose down again. Wondering if anyone has a solution for this (other than lowering the rear). I can't find where anyone sells a stiffer spring for this truck. Would swapping to a mega-cab spring or something similar work?

What if you were to put an HD bumper on the rear to add a load that might level it out?

As far as for springs up front, I never really looked into that, would be interested to see the answers on that.

Last edited:

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Its a 4WD. The back bumper will be going on soon but I doubt the weight difference between it and stock will be enough to move it much.

I know these look kinda sketchy but for $138 it might be worth a shot. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009JC42C...olid=2RFVTHLP3E9JS&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I’ve seen something similar at autozone before. Not sure if they work or not, but what’s the worst that could happen? I wouldn’t imagine it being any more detrimental than not having them.. the ones you tagged that is.. the ones I showed I’d consider sketchy

0B6E7A53-A0C2-4DB0-9301-9C580498F8DE.png

I’d wait and see what the rear HD bumper does though. I’d be willing to bet it makes a difference

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You either need a “Stiffer coil” to go over the strut or a longer coil over all together. It may be time to start looking at a set of custom adjustable coil overs for the front? .. at least that’s what I would do. Then no mater what you could adjust for any application and probably 1.5 to 2 “ up or down. I am sure there are companies that do it and It should be under 1k.

Ask superlift about a set of 2” or 1” spacers on top of the coil over. Also did that kit come with New UCA”s? If not then I have no doubt you could get a nice set of after market upper control arms like “ Zone or bds” and make up for the extra 2” spacer angle. Those are my best ideas.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post a picture of your CV and tie-rod angles.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

Show us your truck and pics of the suspension

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You either need a “Stiffer coil” to go over the strut or a longer coil over all together. It may be time to start looking at a set of custom adjustable coil overs for the front? .. at least that’s what I would do. Then no mater what you could adjust for any application and probably 1.5 to 2 “ up or down. I am sure there are companies that do it and It should be under 1k.

Ask superlift about a set of 2” or 1” spacers on top of the coil over. Also did that kit come with New UCA”s? If not then I have no doubt you could get a nice set of after market upper control arms like “ Zone or bds” and make up for the extra 2” spacer angle. Those are my best ideas.

Thats what i'm having a hard time finding. Nobody makes a stiffer stock coil that I have found. I contacted superlift and they were of no assistance. Probably due to liability issues with modifying the 6" lift beyond what is already engineered. The setup now is factory coil on bilstein 5100 at 2.8" with the superlift 4" spacer on top of that so adding another spacer is prob a no go. Custom coilovers are probably out of the question since i'm sitting on the fence as to how long i want to stay in this truck to begin with. I'll try to get some pics tonight.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t realize it already had a 4” spacer. It sounds like custom is going to be the only real anwser or maybe some type of spindle lift?

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Thats what i'm having a hard time finding. Nobody makes a stiffer stock coil that I have found. I contacted superlift and they were of no assistance. Probably due to liability issues with modifying the 6" lift beyond what is already engineered. The setup now is factory coil on bilstein 5100 at 2.8" with the superlift 4" spacer on top of that so adding another spacer is prob a no go. Custom coilovers are probably out of the question since i'm sitting on the fence as to how long i want to stay in this truck to begin with. I'll try to get some pics tonight.

https://www.carid.com/maxtrac-suspe...752420-6.html?singleid=426858687&url=91083539 This is a 1"Lifted front Coil from maxtrac, when i typed in 4wd 2015 Ram 1500, it came up as it fits the vehicle.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Did you ever come up with a solution?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Since ya can’t go up anymore in the front... How about dropping the rear 1.5-2”??
I know that’s not what ya wanna do but might be best till something comes out/up better to get taller

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did your superlift come with the Bilsteins or did you add them later on?

You could get the spacer from a 6” Zone or BDS Lift, it’s 5” tall

Last edited: