Uconnect 5.0 not booting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eyelise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Uconnect 5.0 recently started showing a UCONNECT image on start up but will not progress. The screen is just frozen with UCONNECT displayed. Maybe once out of 10 startups everything will be normal. I have never update the software but it certainly doesn't seem to be an update problem. Has anyone else experienced the same?

OP
OP
E

Eyelise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just spoke with driveuconnect and they were not helpful. They told me to bring it to the dealer. There is a software update but they told me downloads from the website were actually damaging headunits and didn't advise me to try it myself. There is an update V 15.12.5_70305 for my unit but I just can't believe that is the problem.

OP
OP
E

Eyelise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not excited about a diagnostic fee to be told the headunit is no good.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm not excited about a diagnostic fee to be told the headunit is no good.
You might try finding the firmware online yourself and installing. That is essentially what the dealership will do. You can likely buy a salvaged/used replacement radio for what the dealer will charge you.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You might try finding the firmware online yourself and installing. That is essentially what the dealership will do.

Yep. Done that several times on my uConnect 5 system.

BTW, if the truck is the one listed under your avatar, it's not uConnect 5. Those started in '22.

OP
OP
E

Eyelise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK it is not a Uconnect5 then but it is a Uconnect. It has been loading about 50% of the time. The USB port in the dash does not appear to be working so that is the first thing I will replace. I think I will try the upgrade myself after that. Does anyone have a recommendation where to source a used one?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you think that is a bad unit, I would recommend new just to be sure that replacement is worth the effort. If you buy used and then still have a problem you haven't eliminated that as an issue.

Benny at All Mopar Parts in the vendor section can help.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OK it is not a Uconnect5 then but it is a Uconnect. It has been loading about 50% of the time. The USB port in the dash does not appear to be working so that is the first thing I will replace. I think I will try the upgrade myself after that. Does anyone have a recommendation where to source a used one?
EBay, LKQ Online, or any auto salvage yard via Car-Parts.com

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
The USB port in the dash is charge only. When my 5” radio started rebooting I replaced it with an 8.4 setup. Got all info on this forum and harnesses from M2Mods (forum vendor)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat