Uconnect 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just ran my VIN number in www.driveuconnect.com to check for any software updates. How can this software be over a year old and not have any updates. Its listing my truck up to date.
One of the issues on my truck is when I change the system theme it will revert back to stock after a shut down and restart of the truck. Is anybody having this issue. Its pretty annoying.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ran my VIN number in www.driveuconnect.com to check for any software updates. How can this software be over a year old and not have any updates. Its listing my truck up to date.
One of the issues on my truck is when I change the system theme it will revert back to stock after a shut down and restart of the truck. Is anybody having this issue. Its pretty annoying.
What year is your truck? If it's a 13 to 17 the latest update is 18.45.01.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My truck is a 2019 Ram Sport as depicted in my avatar.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is a 2019 Ram Sport as depicted in my avatar.
Can't see your avatar on tapatalk sometimes plus in many cases people use avatars that are different than the actual truck. Not everyone can see it which is why it's a good idea to post at least your year and trim level and which Gen it is and if it's a 19 or newer so whoever is going to try to help you has the correct information. That's why I asked, besides the fact that it's not up to the people trying to help you to have to do detective work to try to take a guess at what you have. I was going going to steer you in the right direction to try to help you but if you have an attitude you can figure it out yourself or have someone else chime in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Can't see your avatar on tapatalk. Not everyone can see it which is why it's a good idea to post at least your year and trim level and which Gen it is if it's a 19 or newer so whoever is going to try to help you has the correct information. That's why I asked. I was going going go steer you in the right direction to try to help you but if you have an attitude you can figure it out yourself or have someone else chime in.

Rather surprised by your response. I did not have any attitude in my response to your post. How would I know you using tapatalk.
It also list my my truck make and model in my signature. Thank you for your response all the same.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the record avatars and signatures are not displayed for everyone nor always kept up to date.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't see your avatar on tapatalk sometimes plus in many cases people use avatars that are different than the actual truck. Not everyone can see it which is why it's a good idea to post at least your year and trim level and which Gen it is and if it's a 19 or newer so whoever is going to try to help you has the correct information. That's why I asked, besides the fact that it's not up to the people trying to help you to have to do detective work to try to take a guess at what you have. I was going going to steer you in the right direction to try to help you but if you have an attitude you can figure it out yourself or have someone else chime in.

Really? You were going to help but now your not? His reply did not come across as having an attitude to me.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really? You were going to help but now your not? His reply did not come across as having an attitude to me.
Guess that's your opinion. I felt it was, due to the fact that he made sure he told me what his truck was and then said "just like his avatar" short and sweet like I was stupid for not noticing. I guess I could have taken it the wrong way but that's the way I took it. I help guys all the time and Never try to belittle anyone for lack of knowledge or make them feel like they were asking a stupid question. It just hit me the wrong way. If he didn't mean to come across as a S#%&# A#% I apologize, if he did I guess only he knows.

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Guess that's your opinion. I felt it was, due to the fact that he made sure he told me what his truck was and then said "just like his avatar" short and sweet like I was stupid for not noticing. I guess I could have taken it the wrong way but that's the way I took it. I help guys all the time and Never try to belittle anyone for lack of knowledge or make them feel like they were asking a stupid question. It just hit me the wrong way. If he didn't mean to come across as a S#%&# A#% I apologize, if he did I guess only he knows.

Ricks Ram,
I dispise rude people. In all my time on this forum I have never been rude to anyone in any shape or form. I don't plan to start now.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just came across this post for the 8.4, plan to run my VIN after work not sure if my system is due for an update but in the case it is, does the update come over the air (satellite) or do you have to use a USB for a manual update? BTW, 2020 Ram Bighorn.