Uconnect access?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Divelight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 Big Horn, a friend of mine bought the 2018 Big Horn and he is connecting his phone thru the USB plugin in the center counsel to see the GPS phone screen on the U-Connect screen. Basically seeing whatever is on his phone is seen on the Uconnect screen. Does anyone know if the 2016 RAM will do this? Is there a menu item that has to be accessed first?
Thanks for any input or help.

Divelight
2016 RAM Big Horn

Ham operator: KG0RJ

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't know just how that works

I also have a 2016 Ram, i do not have Uconnect Access
I just have the plain Uconnect that is standard on most Rams

The other day, i had my Dealership Service Adviser check my USB port in the arm rest.
He said that the USB port closest to the passenger side was for charging devices.

The USB port closer to the drivers side was for doing things like playing music from a connected cell phone.
He then plugged his cell phone into that usb port & then push the Ram radios APPS button & found the USB soft key & pressed it
Then started playing music from his cell phone & the sound came through my Rams speakers.

I do not know if he had one of the Free Map APPS, like Google Maps on his cell phone.
I would have liked to see if his cell phone maps would show up on my Rams radio screen.

I don't have a Smart Phone, or i would try it myself

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The ‘16 has the older stereo, and can’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have a 2016 Big Horn, a friend of mine bought the 2018 Big Horn and he is connecting his phone thru the USB plugin in the center counsel to see the GPS phone screen on the U-Connect screen.
Your friend has either the UAS or UAQ radio in his '18, this was the first year for them. They support Android Auto/Car Play depending on which phone you have(Android/IPhone).
It is possible to upgrade the radio in your truck to the same one. There is a whole thread on this: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-install-a-2018-4c-uaq-uas-radio-in-2013-2017-ram.116140/