Uconnect update failures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is the antenna to disconnect from the inside...

a36ebccdb52d026df9ed680b2c3976a6.jpg

I wrapped it in electrical tape so it wouldn't touch anything I didn't want it to. I'll likely reconnect it before doing any manual firmware updates just in case. Drove for hours today without error...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Why did you disconnect it from the inside vs. just pulling it the connector off in the back of the radio?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The dealership is going to update my 2016 RA 4 radio on Monday

I guess the update began doing the OTA in November in some areas & it just finished doing the OTA, it missed my Ram somehow, maybe because i only drive it seldom & for very short trips, 7 miles at the most.
My service advisor told me yesterday that they have a notice about it on their computer

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Why did you disconnect it from the inside vs. just pulling it the connector off in the back of the radio?
You will still get cellular reception if just the fakra connector on back is unplugged.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh ok thanks good to know. So just disconnect the far left one - in the pic and that should kill the cell signal?

Thanks again, there have been a few people trying to kill the cell section.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oh ok thanks good to know. So just disconnect the far left one - in the pic and that should kill the cell signal?

Thanks again, there have been a few people trying to kill the cell section.
Yes, it's easiest to know the right one just by looking at the opposite side of the board. Each connector is directly opposite it's fakra plug on the opposite side.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately, mine doesn't look anything like that, it's a HK 2016.