UConnect update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello everyone--

Please know that we hear your concerns and are making notes of your feedback as we monitor these forums. For those of you that are concerned about what is within the newest updates, you can see the What’s New icon from the Uconnect[emoji2400] touchscreen in your vehicle. Select the Apps icon from the lower menu bar, then select Settings from the list of icons. Press System Information, then scroll down and select What’s New. For any additional assistance, call Uconnect Customer Care at (877) 855-8400 and they will be able to provide you with more information.

However, if you happen to experience any concerns following the update, please do not hesitate to send our @RamCares team a private message! We would be more than happy to investigate your individual situations further and offer additional support while working with your dealers to get your concerns addressed.

Have an awesome night,

Courtney
Ram Cares
Would you happen to have the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) number associated with this latest version of firmware (v22.61)?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how the heck do see what version you have on a 2020 8.4 no nav? I have no way to push temp up and temp down and front defrost

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Would you happen to have the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) number associated with this latest version of firmware (v22.61)?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Are you currently experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system? Feel free to send a private message with your VIN & more details, if so.

how the heck do see what version you have on a 2020 8.4 no nav? I have no way to push temp up and temp down and front defrost

Please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to check your current version & ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date. If this does not resolve your concerns, please feel free to reach back out and we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Please know that you may always visit https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html to check your current version & ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date.

And when I go there and plug in my VIN it says:

YOUR VEHICLE IS UP TO DATE
There are no updates available at this time for your 2018 equipped with this system.

And since my radio is locked saying I need to schedule an update, not much confidence there.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The update prompt popped up for about a week when I put the truck in park after driving but I was able to ignore it and shut the truck off. Today it just gave me the schedule update option as soon as I started driving so I guess I dont have a choice anymore. I set it to update overnight so we will see what happens tomorrow.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I rolled the dice, update went through. I dont notice any changes at all thank god. I have the UAS, no nav

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Hello everyone--

Please know that we hear your concerns and are making notes of your feedback as we monitor these forums. For those of you that are concerned about what is within the newest updates, you can see the What’s New icon from the Uconnect® touchscreen in your vehicle. Select the Apps icon from the lower menu bar, then select Settings from the list of icons. Press System Information, then scroll down and select What’s New. For any additional assistance, call Uconnect Customer Care at (877) 855-8400 and they will be able to provide you with more information.

However, if you happen to experience any concerns following the update, please do not hesitate to send our @RamCares team a private message! We would be more than happy to investigate your individual situations further and offer additional support while working with your dealers to get your concerns addressed.

Have an awesome night,

Courtney
Ram Cares
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 Limited with Navigation. I have the latest update 22.61
When I tried your method to see “what’s new”, all I get is a website for Panasonic software licensing
There is nothing else to choose

Seth Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l Hemi
I don’t know if this is related to the update or not because I did the update a couple weeks ago and didn’t have a problem or notice a difference until today. Now I get no sound from XM radio but AM and FM seem to work fine. And I can’t get any sound from apple car play either. I tried playing music from my phone and it shows the song is playing but no sound at all. I tried using a voice command to search directions to a store and it didn’t work either. I can type the name of the directions in my phone and it will show up on my screen so not everything is broken but I sure would like to get the sound working again for xm and voice commands. I have an appointment with the local dealership for Monday as I am still under warranty but if anyone knows a way to get this working again sooner that would be great.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am just throwing this out there, i have no real knowledge about it

You could disconnect the negative post on your battery for 15 minutes or more.
That would cause a Soft Reset of the computer

Or you could go into the radios menu & look for the place to reset your radio back to the factory default, that would mean that you would have to reset all station presets & the clock

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The update prompt popped up for about a week when I put the truck in park after driving but I was able to ignore it and shut the truck off. Today it just gave me the schedule update option as soon as I started driving so I guess I dont have a choice anymore. I set it to update overnight so we will see what happens tomorrow.

Update went through successfully. Tried to click the whats new button but it got interrupted by a bluetooth prompt to connect. Oh well, so far everything works like it used to.

Seth Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l Hemi
Well my radio started working again this afternoon. Hopefully it keeps working but so weird how it stopped like that out of the blue.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My updated last week (2018 UAQ), seems to be fine so far.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my 2018 got the update as well (8.4 non nav unit)

seemed to clear up the bug of the radio randomly restarting and sometimes freezing up. but i do notice it a good bit slower now playing songs from phone. Click next song and it takes 2-3 seconds to change instead of instant like before.
Really, my phone loads up way quicker. it took about 20-30 sec from turning the key to everything loading to now about 5.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
And when I go there and plug in my VIN it says:

YOUR VEHICLE IS UP TO DATE
There are no updates available at this time for your 2018 equipped with this system.

And since my radio is locked saying I need to schedule an update, not much confidence there.

Please send us a DM with your VIN and more details about the symptoms you've been experiencing. I'd like to investigate a little further.

I don’t know if this is related to the update or not because I did the update a couple weeks ago and didn’t have a problem or notice a difference until today. Now I get no sound from XM radio but AM and FM seem to work fine. And I can’t get any sound from apple car play either. I tried playing music from my phone and it shows the song is playing but no sound at all. I tried using a voice command to search directions to a store and it didn’t work either. I can type the name of the directions in my phone and it will show up on my screen so not everything is broken but I sure would like to get the sound working again for xm and voice commands. I have an appointment with the local dealership for Monday as I am still under warranty but if anyone knows a way to get this working again sooner that would be great.

Hi Seth,

I'm glad to hear that your radio started working again. However, if your concerns come back and you would like our assistance, simply send us or our friends at @UconnectCares a private message! Either team would be happy to assist with your infotainment concerns.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Please send us a DM with your VIN and more details about the symptoms you've been experiencing. I'd like to investigate a little further.

Courtney
Ram Cares

I don't have any symptoms. I merely want to know what is in the software update that Ram is forcing me to take by hijacking my Uconnect system. Until and unless I take the update I can't change audio sources, can't change radio stations, can't adjust the volume, can't use hands free phone, can't use Android Auto, etc. The Uconnect system is basically frozen with the "You have a Software Update Available" and "Schedule Now" showing on the screen.

The last time I blindly took a software update for UConnect it screwed up the tone controls of the stereo so badly, muffled and heavy bass, it made it unlistenable. For. Nine. Months.

I'm simply asking: What is in this software update? I have a 2018 Big Horn with non-nav 8.4 UConnect.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The only thing that's been found so far, comes courtesy of @Jimmy07 the other day and it's a STAR case reference to a possible 2nd quarter update (if I can find it again) ...
0b4e8f4e3c6dd0da9de620d52d652d53.jpg

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
The only thing that's been found so far, comes courtesy of @Jimmy07 the other day and it's a STAR case reference to a possible 2nd quarter update (if I can find it again) ...

This is it? This is why my UConnect has been hijacked? So my Sirius Radio subscription--which I let lapse almost two years ago--can properly make the favorites list work correctly?

There's got to be more to it than this...