Upgraded to the mopar kickers (with pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blazenlo

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just changed all 6 on my truck this morning with the Mopar kit. I had a nasty rattle coming from the rear doors too. After beating on the door (with the door panel off), there was a rattle coming from the interior window belt trim. It's just hard plastic with no vibration insulation, and it sits loosely on the top of the door's sheet metal. So, while I had it off, I cut some thin strips of Dynamat to insulate it. It seems to have reduced the rattle by a good 75%. There's still a little noise...maybe from the panel vibrating against the door.

The inside window belt molding:
IMAG1045_zps7aii78le.jpg

Nothing underneath:
IMAG1046_zpsq4czah5v.jpg

Couple strips of Dynamat:
IMAG1047_zps2hdmnxfw.jpg

Back together. It was a tight fit---getting it over the vertical piece, but no more rattle! The door panel went on with no problem.
IMAG1048_zpsgisvtgol.jpg

Thank you for the detailed reply bro. I haven't done anything yet in terms of figuring out the prob, but will definitely check this out! :favorites13:

NWRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well...turns out that only got rid of one rattle. There's still a buzz on long, low bass notes. Going to pull the door panels off again and take a look.

jabrams00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did the same speakers and have the same problem your having on the long low bass notes. Haven't torn it back apart yet so I will be watching your post.

Sent from my iPhone 8plus

Mr. Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Big Horn CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread twisted my arm. I'm going to upgrade. Which should I do? The whole 4 speaker front kit? Or leave out the tweeters? Cheapest I'm seeing is via ebay around $150 for the front 4 kit. Anywhere cheaper?

Mr. Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Big Horn CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
found a good deal on a JL Stealthbox (10w3v3) and amp (probably 300 watts RMS) from a guy I work with. Would these speakers be way overmatched for a combo like that? I'd just be powering these from the stock HU.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to do my upgrade! Awesome stuff!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

jabrams00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well...turns out that only got rid of one rattle. There's still a buzz on long, low bass notes. Going to pull the door panels off again and take a look.

I had thought laying in bed last night, I wonder if its possible that the positive and negative and reversed some how. I used the factory plug. Listening this morning and the really low bass line is driving me crazy. Just a thought. Have your pulled the door panels back off yet?

Sent from my iPhone 8plus

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Googled them and crap, they only go back to 05, i have an 02, blazenlo saw the lobster reference are you a Maine boy like me?

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

John94z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Look into adding deadener and a foam for interior parts like RAAM Audio Ensolite IUO

RMK1201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the 77kick28ab for my reg cab...i hope they are all theyre cracked up to be

Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Mopar Kickers in my 2013 RCSB, Love them. HUUUUUGE improvement over stock. Looking into swapping the rear speakers now.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I have the Mopar Kickers in my 2013 RCSB, Love them. HUUUUUGE improvement over stock. Looking into swapping the rear speakers now.

Thanks for feedback, add a Kicker Hideaway under the seat, leave factory rear speakers alone, it rocks, had similar setup
:)

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for the people who did the 77kick28ab upgrade, do you get too much sound coming from the tweeters up front?

The kicker ds 3.5 (with 5.0 uConnect and no amp) I can't tone down with the balance/fade so that most of the sound goes to the front doors.

Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for feedback, add a Kicker Hideaway under the seat, leave factory rear speakers alone, it rocks, had similar setup
:)

Im starting to develop a little bit of a rattle from one of the rear speakers so its time to upgrade, was going to start a new thread asking what size speaker fits there. Crutchfield says both a 5 1/4 and a 6 1/2 will fit, which is it?????

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Question for the people who did the 77kick28ab upgrade, do you get too much sound coming from the tweeters up front?

The kicker ds 3.5 (with 5.0 uConnect and no amp) I can't tone down with the balance/fade so that most of the sound goes to the front doors.
stock door speakers?
Im starting to develop a little bit of a rattle from one of the rear speakers so its time to upgrade, was going to start a new thread asking what size speaker fits there. Crutchfield says both a 5 1/4 and a 6 1/2 will fit, which is it?????

Should be 6x9 actually

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
6x9s are what is currently installed in your doors. You would have to by modifying spacers to use any other size.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Gocha, sorry, you've told me before. I just forget

a lot :)