2016 Rebel with "upgraded" rearview mirror.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gadget82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We purchased our 2016 Rebel 2 years ago. It had extremely low miles and was in fantastic condition. The truck was custom built by Ram for the first and only other owner. It had ever, I mean every single "upgrade" available at the time of purchase in 2016.
These "upgrades" include front and rear reinforced bumpers and rearview mirror among others.
Here's the rub. Because of the bumpers, we have none of the sensors that come with the Rebel...no parking sensors. Also the rearview has no way to connect to uconnect. We kept trying to program the customized start and spoke with Dodge. The buttons are not on the mirror. Nothing there.
I've taken it to the dealer we purchased it from - Nissan. They sent us to the Dodge dealership and they were just as confused.
We also have additional air compressor which is for a "train horn". This upgrade is listed on the fact sheet of the vehicle we got at purchase. - No idea how to use it or hook it up.
I would like to switch so items back to stock for the bumper sensors and get a stock rearview that works with uconnect. This has been crazy! The dealership guys looked at me with such confusion that I am now thinking maybe this isn't even possible.
If this makes sense to someone or if you have advice or similar issues, I'd love your input!
Thank you so much! My dog and I love our Rebel, but the sensors and rearview would really serve us even better.
Thanks again!
I hope this is in the correct thread.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uhhh, let’s see the rearview mirror.