Very Disappointed With FCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
A

A little over reactive maybe !! Most likely the last person who went to close the tail gate did NOT cloe it correctly. BTW the vin does NOT tell you if you have that feature, the build sheet/record will list it if installed. AND not all were built with that warning sensor. Mine does and works perfect, but you gotta make sure you actually close the tail gate up. Seen to many people sort of lightly close it up thinking it compkleted the latch and does not always. The problem is that the ailgate is lighter than before and people think because it is light they don'tg have to put much energy into closing it. Also to say won't buy another for a one off BS reason means you just want any excuse to not have it. Good go trade it for some other POS and let someone who will appreciate it getg itg off the usedf lot. Cheers
I agree with you but mine is crazy as if I try to shut it hard for some reason it won't latch, if I just push it shut and let it click it locks. Either way after shutting it I pull on it to make sure it's latched. It wouldn't make me lose it if it fell down though, I have one of the shocks that doesn't let it just fall down hard and it works great!

Farm truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have '2021 Big Horn DT (new body), level 2, Bed Utility, LED package. Build date Oct 2020. Got the truck for 2 days, Tailgate drop down while I'm driving, no warning light, icon, or sound to warn me about. Contact FCA, they check my VIN and said My truck should have warning feature. They open up a case for me. I bring the truck to dealer, they rip open tailgate and said my truck don't have that feature???!!!!
Call FCA talk Case Manager. next day she call back and said My Truck doesn't have the option?@!?><@

RAM is my first and will be the last.
Just be glad you didn't have a trailer hooked up. The trailer jack would have poked a hole in that thin sheet metal.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have noticed on the DT trucks, the tailgate needs a hard slam to close fully. Not sure if that's good or bad. Bad in this case here at least.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try making sure the tail gate is latched so it doesn’t just “drop down” while driving.......

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Try making sure the tail gate is latched so it doesn’t just “drop down” while driving.......

Unless of course they do...just drop down while driving. Just like the recalled 4th gen.

erictomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tailgate falling open isn't the real issue.

The REAL issue is, if something as small, petty, minor and insignificant as a tailgate falling open without warning you is enough to trigger you into a meltdown, then by god thank your lucky stars that you live such a blessed life.
There are a lot of people that would wish for a falling open tailgate to be their biggest problem in their lives!
Don't sweat the small stuff :)

HAHA! Just wait till he hears the HEMI tick!