Wanted Amp Power Step until..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
In my slow upgrade grind I was thinking my next mod would be Amp Power Steps. Not only are they sexy when they open and close, but my main reason to add them was to show more ground clearance with my modest 2.8”/1.5” lift.

So today I was parked in a lot, sitting in my truck, waiting on my wife to come out of her appointment. All of a sudden this lady parks next to me, drivers side, flings her brand new Honda crossover door open, and it bounces off my truck!! Frustrated, she proceeds to do it again!?!?! Anyways, she finally gets out of her car only to realize I’m sitting in my truck... She starts to walk off as if nothing happened. I get out thinking my door was dented. That’s when I noticed her door bounced off my side step. There was only a blue streak left from her door, which rubbed off with my finger, no dent. Her door on the other hand had a nice quarter inch crease on the edge... lol

Anyways, I found a new love for my wheel to wheel factory steps today lol. Sadly, If I had those sexy Amp Steps tucked under my rocker panel, I would have had to deal with an insurance claim and a body shop... A small part of me still wants the Amp Steps but logic has a bigger grip on me at the moment. :(

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to disregard the possible damage that could have been done to your truck, I sure like those Amp steps. I have the full length steps also and I'm sure at one time or another they have prevented door dings or possibly worse damage to the side of my truck at the hands of whatever ******** that happens to park next to me. However don't discount the skill of a good PDR guy. They are worth their weight in gold. I'm not trying to talk you into or out of getting the Amps, I'm just giving a different perspective. I wouldn't let that incident deter me if I was really set on the Amps.
Jay

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Not to disregard the possible damage that could have been done to your truck, I sure like those Amp steps. I have the full length steps also and I'm sure at one time or another they have prevented door dings or possibly worse damage to the side of my truck at the hands of whatever ******** that happens to park next to me. However don't discount the skill of a good PDR guy. They are worth their weight in gold. I'm not trying to talk you into or out of getting the Amps, I'm just giving a different perspective. I wouldn't let that incident deter me if I was really set on the Amps.
Jay

I hear ya, I almost wish I wasn’t sitting in my truck when it happened. Those Amp Steps keep calling me lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure who the cheapest vendor would be. If it were me I've give Matt a call at Moe's to start with.
Jay

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nick has 3 pairs in stock literally messaged him a few hours ago about them

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I installed my Amp steps last weekend! DO IT! But make sure you get the OBD connector and not the splice ones. The splicing, even with the posi-taps, SUCKED!!!

Cordwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lonestar Hemi 5.7, 4x4, 8speed, 3.21, LSD, 32gal fuel tank, CC short bed
I'm about to buy the same OEM wheel to wheel steps. I haven't seen them in person, do they actually function well as an aid to get in and out of the truck? I currently have to jump a bit to slide my ass on to the seat. Stock truck, no lift.

Amp steps too $ for me, don't even want to consider it

In my slow upgrade grind I was thinking my next mod would be Amp Power Steps. Not only are they sexy when they open and close, but my main reason to add them was to show more ground clearance with my modest 2.8”/1.5” lift.

So today I was parked in a lot, sitting in my truck, waiting on my wife to come out of her appointment. All of a sudden this lady parks next to me, drivers side, flings her brand new Honda crossover door open, and it bounces off my truck!! Frustrated, she proceeds to do it again!?!?! Anyways, she finally gets out of her car only to realize I’m sitting in my truck... She starts to walk off as if nothing happened. I get out thinking my door was dented. That’s when I noticed her door bounced off my side step. There was only a blue streak left from her door, which rubbed off with my finger, no dent. Her door on the other hand had a nice quarter inch crease on the edge... lol

Anyways, I found a new love for my wheel to wheel factory steps today lol. Sadly, If I had those sexy Amp Steps tucked under my rocker panel, I would have had to deal with an insurance claim and a body shop... A small part of me still wants the Amp Steps but logic has a bigger grip on me at the moment. :(

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my case, I need the Power Steps. My wife has back and knee issues, and the AMPs drop down much further than the factory steps.

Can't imagine I wouldn't have said something to this inconsiderate person...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You just need to lift your truck more, then when that happens you fling your door open and bust her window out lol

Love my AMPs, I’ll never own another car or truck without them.

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
So.....you just let her walk away and didn't say anything?

She was close enough to grab her attention after I checked my truck. Her door took all the damage. I literally laughed and climbed back into my truck.

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Not having the Amp steps does not give that dipstick female a pass for being so stupid and nonchalant about dinging your truck.

Agreed, what’s funny is my step did not ding. Her paint literally wiped right off. Meanwhile her door edge has a quarter inch dip.

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I'm about to buy the same OEM wheel to wheel steps. I haven't seen them in person, do they actually function well as an aid to get in and out of the truck? I currently have to jump a bit to slide my ass on to the seat. Stock truck, no lift.

Amp steps too $ for me, don't even want to consider it

They function as intended. Everyone uses them to step in and out of my truck.

I would keep an eye out on Craigslist and Facebook Market Place. I’ve seen people selling them as cheap as $200 for the set!

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
You just need to lift your truck more, then when that happens you fling your door open and bust her window out lol

Love my AMPs, I’ll never own another car or truck without them.

I wish!!! Unfortunately there are a couple of 6’8” parking garages I have to use in my area. I barely fit in there as it is :(

Reactions: JB1

lincoln125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was actually hit by a new Mercedes. My step on the passenger side was dented, but no damage to the door. The Mercedes on the other hand had $4000 damage. I will keep my factory steps too! LOL

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Seriously ... This ... How did you not go bat**** crazy on her ******* to teach her a lesson ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, had the truck been damaged I would have ran her through the gauntlet, but it simply wasn't worth it after what I saw. Plus she's the one with the constant karma reminder staring at her in the face, in the form of a self inflicted dent, every time she steps into her new Honda....

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You’re a better man than me ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk