Weird Uconnect Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Yes they all pair. However when you are on the call it freezes. You have to reach over switch the phone to speaker. The radio remains frozen and unusable for quite awhile. I demand a hands free that works. These are mostly business calls. I want to start a class action somehow. They should hire an engineer or 2 that knows how to design a system that works. Thank God the climate controls aren’t in there too!!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yes they all pair. However when you are on the call it freezes. You have to reach over switch the phone to speaker. The radio remains frozen and unusable for quite awhile. I demand a hands free that works. These are mostly business calls. I want to start a class action somehow. They should hire an engineer or 2 that knows how to design a system that works. Thank God the climate controls aren’t in there too!!

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
RamCares

MarkB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
I have a case open with someone named Cameron. The Truck is a year old and the hands free has never worked. Another week has gone by. No call back from the dealership or Cameron. I am fed up. I have 2 -2019 RAM 1500’s. One is a warlock with the Uconnect 5.0. That works ok so far. The problem is the outdated 3.0. They should not be installing these in new vehicles. This model is from 2014. I demanded they install a 5.0 after 2 attempts with a 3.0. Or buy it back and I will get an aftermarket unit that actually works. I will not be buying or leasing anymore RAM vehicles after this experience.

Mark Z42071

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I bought My truck about 2 years ago.. I fight the same problem every time the seasons change... I heard something click click click.. like a relay of some sort flipping out.. under the dash while driving .. then the radio messes up. The volume goes to or 1 and that's it.. wont go up or down. Everything else works fine on the radio. I cant pull over fast enough to find the source of the clicking sound. I can pull the cable off the battery it it might fix it for a day or 5 minutes or sometimes not at all.. Its really frustrating. Also.. my dash lights go from dim to bright to dim to bright... related? maybe? I'll probably go for an aftermarket radio once this one finally stops working altogether. Its a real shame.....

MarkB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
My issue is resolved. I resolved it with a pioneer dmh-w4600nex. Went through 5 Uconnect radios. FCA sent me a check to settle the case. What a difference. Good luck.

Carter17ramhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I swapped a uconnect 5.0 into my truck just about a year ago. Several times no I have had this strange issue where the sound will quit working. Everything else on the radio appears to be fine just no audio, no volume bar when I twist the knob.

This is from when the first time it happened. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2013-2018-ra2-vp2-na-radio-notes.87900/#post-1657310

It eventually fixes it self over a couple days time. Since this has been happening I bought a spare radio in case it doesn't fix it self. I tested the spare when I got it and it worked so I put it in the closet until I needed it. Now the issue has arose again so I went ahead and swapped in my spare. The spare is showing the same condition with the volume. Which leads me to believe the issue is on the truck side not the radio. I have checked the wiring diagram but I don't see any amps or anything that could cause any issues. I took a short video showing what the radio is doing. I would appreciate any input on what might be causing this. Thanks.

Carter17ramhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I bought My truck about 2 years ago.. I fight the same problem every time the seasons change... I heard something click click click.. like a relay of some sort flipping out.. under the dash while driving .. then the radio messes up. The volume goes to or 1 and that's it.. wont go up or down. Everything else works fine on the radio. I cant pull over fast enough to find the source of the clicking sound. I can pull the cable off the battery it it might fix it for a day or 5 minutes or sometimes not at all.. Its really frustrating. Also.. my dash lights go from dim to bright to dim to bright... related? maybe? I'll probably go for an aftermarket radio once this one finally stops working altogether. Its a real shame.....

I had the same exact problem with my Uconnect 5.0 in my 17 Ram 1500. After 2 days of troubleshooting I finally discovered that a fuse (F52- BATT SNSR) was blown. Replaced it and the audio Problem was fixed!

gsxrcrowbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update!

So after some more research I found a post on a diesel forum where those guys were having a similar issue to mine and it turned out to be a bad battery. So I started monitoring my battery. I have a usb c port I added in my dash that has a built in voltage meter in it. I watched this for a few days and if the truck sat for 3-4 days the voltage would drop consistently. I'm not sure what the voltage was when it caused the radio problems. I took my truck to Auto Zone and had them test the battery and charging system. Both tested as good but the guy said the internal temp of the battery was way high. I took this as a sign of a bad battery. I bought a new platinum battery from Advance Auto with a 25% off code I had. So far no more issues with the radio.

Thanks Mike! I had the exact same issue. Sometimes I would get into my truck and my volume would be stuck at 0. I'd drive down the road for 10 minutes or so and it would work... sometimes. I checked my battery and it read 12.5 volts so I didn't want to replace it however, it'd been in my truck for 38 months (warranty ran out at 36 months) so I bought a new one. My Uconnect has been working for a solid week with no issues. I would've spent some serious cash on a new deck if I hadn't seen this post from you. Thanks again!!

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Mike! I had the exact same issue. Sometimes I would get into my truck and my volume would be stuck at 0. I'd drive down the road for 10 minutes or so and it would work... sometimes. I checked my battery and it read 12.5 volts so I didn't want to replace it however, it'd been in my truck for 38 months (warranty ran out at 36 months) so I bought a new one. My Uconnect has been working for a solid week with no issues. I would've spent some serious cash on a new deck if I hadn't seen this post from you. Thanks again!!

I'm glad I could help! It was driving me crazy for a long time!