What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Took the coil spacers and blocks out. Now I just have lift coils, aal, and body lift.

No steering or shocks on it right now though. Shocks come in tomorrow because I had to return the ones I bought before since I'm lower now. Everything else comes in Tuesday. I'm excited to see how it feels with shocks that are the proper length.
Gotcha. So you're finally undoing the hackery that was placed upon your truck before purchase. It looks good man. I bet you're going to like the way it rides.

LukeGirard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
Changed my tensioner pulley and idler pulley today! No more belt squeak! And now I'm not worried about throwing a belt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Was rednecking it until my buddies helped run 2 Jacks under the axle with shocks bolted on...then truck came an inch off jack stands and we slowlyyyy backed it down. Will get spring compressors tomorrow. Lol phone died so this was all I had this morning

Attachments

• Snapchat-1007760556311145020.jpg
    Snapchat-1007760556311145020.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 25

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
just a update

Ordered and recieved my new tailpipe. Going away from duals, and going back to stock 3" single tail pipe

I got the dynomax single exhaust. Came with a nice 304 stainless tip.

Went to the muffler shop last week friday, he is putting a price together for me on redoing the exhaust back to stock

Going to go with a 22 inch long, 7" round magnaflow muffler thru the dynomax tail pipe

Hopefully its a step or 2 above stock, with good flow.

Ill be happy to have the duals gone and go back to stock(ish)

I know with my truck being quieter ill drive it alot more, right now its annoying loud

Looking forward to it, will keep the forum posted on the progress

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
just a update

Ordered and recieved my new tailpipe. Going away from duals, and going back to stock 3" single tail pipe

I got the dynomax single exhaust. Came with a nice 304 stainless tip.

Went to the muffler shop last week friday, he is putting a price together for me on redoing the exhaust back to stock

Going to go with a 22 inch long, 7" round magnaflow muffler thru the dynomax tail pipe

Hopefully its a step or 2 above stock, with good flow.

Ill be happy to have the duals gone and go back to stock(ish)

I know with my truck being quieter ill drive it alot more, right now its annoying loud

Looking forward to it, will keep the forum posted on the progress
I personally like my 18 inch magnaflow. Quiets down at highway speeds but has a good tone under acceleration.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Can one of you guys who are close to Mark, ask him if my drag link should mount to my pitman arm from above or below? Every truck I see has it mount from above, but mine was mounted from below before.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Can one of you guys who are close to Mark, ask him if my drag link should mount to my pitman arm from above or below? Every truck I see has it mount from above, but mine was mounted from below before.
Iirc I asked him the same thing and I think he said it doesn't really matter. Mine mounts from below. I'll see if I still have his number though hold on

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Alright thanks. If it doesn't matter I'll see which gives me a better angle with the track bar and go with that.
Yeah I don't seem to have his number anymore so I can't confirm that with him. But yeah I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. Unless your pitman arm is tapered by chance?

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Your drag link is tapered if I'm not mistaken and will only go in one way. Mines a 96 and it goes through the bottom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If your pitmam arm is tapered then yeah it needs to go one way. I think I remember mine not being tapered but there are differences in stock and aftermarket and of course there's a year difference there so

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
And you know me???? Lmao. I listen to almost everything bud. Try me. You on youtube yet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hey I said probably lmao. Nah we haven't got anything on YouTube right now. We're just really starting out, just had our first show Saturday and we're taking short break to write some more material before our next show July 23rd