What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Ah hey man was your water pump threaded for the heater port? My gates came with the pulley and non threaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine wasnt threaded. It's a small pipe with an o ring that slides down in the hole and attaches by a bolt next to it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
9e72114e6420179ea5274eb2ae639282.jpg
that small tube?

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360

:roflsquared: I don't blame ya tho I do have the green light to do my brakes. I hope that I have them sometime around September. It's getting new rotors,calipers, and brake pads. I then gotta learn how to do drums

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
:roflsquared: I don't blame ya tho I do have the green light to do my brakes. I hope that I have them sometime around September. It's getting new rotors,calipers, and brake pads. I then gotta learn how to do drums

Drums are easy. Don't pull both sides at once tho. If you forget how to put it back together you can use the other side as a reference

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Clean your room.
:word:

Next time I do brakes I'm figuring I'll have to do calipers and rear shoes. Calipers are gonna be upgraded to 94-6 2500LD calipers for some extra punch.
Easier to do yourself bud.

Cheaper to do it yourself, Easier to take it somewhere.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360

Next time I do brakes I'm figuring I'll have to do calipers and rear shoes. Calipers are gonna be upgraded to 94-6 2500LD calipers for some extra punch.

Will the 01 calipers fit? I'm glad you said that because anything to help the stopping power for these trucks. It was fine with codered but ronda is 5,400 lbs and has a 360

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Need some good information here. I have an o2 sensor that needs replaced but I been thinking about buying a wideband. I know it wouldn't hook in and run correctly but I'm more interested in hooking it into my SCT x3 for some scanning. Question?... Leaving 1 sensor unplugged in my truck would cause it to run in closed loop correct? So assume I leave 1 unplugged mytruck will no longer try to achieve a 14.7 correct? Was wondering if I replaced the o2 and put a wide band in if the truck will try to achieve 14.7 or not? I just don't know if the ECU tries to adjust constantly even with a tune?

I know I can modify the multipliers on power enrichment at various rpms to increase fuel (pulsewidths). Just confused lol

Last edited:

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum

I don't think the 2500ld calipers did much, can't really notice a change. I did the rear gm 1 ton cylinders though and that was definitely noticeable. If i did it again I would have went with ram 1 ton cylinders instead because I think the gm ones are a little much.

Will the 01 calipers fit? I'm glad you said that because anything to help the stopping power for these trucks. It was fine with codered but ronda is 5,400 lbs and has a 360

01 has dual piston calipers, already have the best brakes. The benefit of the ram 2500ld is that the piston is 80mm vs stock 1500 75mm.

Last edited:

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Took my running boards off then my grill and front bumper today. Truck going to the paint shop Wednesday I can't wait til it's done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 32

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yea if your lazy lmao [emoji16]

Do you forget who you're talking to?

01 calipers will only work if you swap the knuckles to 01 knuckles.
I don't think the 2500ld calipers did much, can't really notice a change. I did the rear gm 1 ton cylinders though and that was definitely noticeable. If i did it again I would have went with ram 1 ton cylinders instead because I think the gm ones are a little much.

01 has dual piston calipers, already have the best brakes. The benefit of the ram 2500ld is that the piston is 80mm vs stock 1500 75mm.

I wanted to do 01 brakes til I found out the knuckle situation. Mark says the 2500LD calipers are better anyway. He also said the GM 1-tons were too touchy to be safe. lol I'm with you, when the cylinders go, I'm getting Ram 1-tons. My fiancee said the brakes are better than they used to be but she still had to use two feet to get it to stop a couple times. :roflsquared:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Took my running boards off then my grill and front bumper today. Truck going to the paint shop Wednesday I can't wait til it's done

Hey! Guess what?!

You're an ******* for posting that. :mad:

I want new paint too! :(