What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Not my cup of tea. How about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB8R-YGMq68

That sounds pretty good actually, hadn't seen that video

That Flowtech sounds like ass. lol

Put some Bullet mufflers on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLKcy3-M-bI
Flowtech is still better than straights IMO, I liked the fact that its only $25 tho or $30 at my local Oreillys where itll only take a day, not out much if I don't like it plus I can post a vid in the sticky and on Youtube for when people ask about exhaust in the future

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That sounds pretty good actually, hadn't seen that video

Flowtech is still better than straights IMO, I liked the fact that its only $25 tho or $30 at my local Oreillys where itll only take a day, not out much if I don't like it plus I can post a vid in the sticky and on Youtube for when people ask about exhaust in the future
Dunno bout that. At least straights have some depth to them.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Straights suck. Sound terrible and hurt performance due to lack of back pressure. There isn't an engine in the world that doesn't benefit from back pressure. Not to mention guys just cut out the OEM exhaust and bolt up 2 sections of pipe with out having a clue how to properly engineer an exhaust system. Just like guys think removing cats adds horsepower. If it's no good, sure of course it helps. If it's functioning properly, a cat is worth 1-2 HP No one's butt dyno is that good.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
2.25 on a 440 is a bit small IMO. Million dollar question, how did you determine where to put the H pipe?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

You put it was close to the engine as possible, and since I wanted to run the pipes away from the trans. pan, that was where it was put.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Drove to Wrench a Part and got another throttle body to mod for $24. Threw another coat of VHT epoxy paint on my bumper and started working on bumper cover. I don't expect a professional job, but hopefully it'll look better than it did. Sanding by hand is a real pain, body work ain't my bag. Lol! I've started painting and expect it to be "as is" and done by the end of the day. Bar any trapped bugs, hopefully I won't have to do any additional touch ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^If you're gonna mod a throttle body, make sure you take pictures and make a thread. I'm seriously considering doing a throttle body myself.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^ will do sir! Of course you may wanna follow someone that knows what the heck they are doing....

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^ will do sir! Of course you may wanna follow someone that knows what the heck they are doing....

lol Anyone is better than no one. I've seen a couple DIY TB mods but they've involved taking it to the machine shop to get it bored out. :Stupid Me:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Changed the oil, emptied the catch can, topped off and coolant and washer fluid.

Truck has an extra long Wix 51515 filter with 5.5 qts of Rotella T6 5W40 synthetic in it now.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
A little pissed... Been laying paint on the bumper cover all afternoon and after putting a couple coats of clear it begin hazing and now is rough as crap to the touch... It looks like garbage... Oh well guess that's the way it'll look when I put it back on I guess.....

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
A little pissed... Been laying paint on the bumper cover all afternoon and after putting a couple coats of clear it begin hazing and now is rough as crap to the touch... It looks like garbage... Oh well guess that's the way it'll look when I put it back on I guess.....

No, you wet sand it down and start over again. I had the same problem when I was doing the tailgate on the 76, I think there was some oil or some other contaminant on the surface when I started spraying.