What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put on a NEW DeeZee tailgate assist... the old one broke!
c8d5c51c2c1690ccaf47aaa6f170a67b.jpg
cd85a90f65ae23298b4d91b0cbc271ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That’s not cool!!! How long did you have it? DeeZee is a pretty reputable company, I’d be getting on the horn with them askin’ what dafuq.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For sure! But it's only 45 the whole way.

I was just givin’ ya grief....lol. You bein’ hooked to that trailer just reminded me of when I had left Colorado 5 years ago after leaving the soon-to-be exwife, on my way to Oklahoma to start over that I might as well shoulda taped a piece of paper over that “recommendation” on the fender...lol. I don’t think the tires of that fully-loaded U-haul spent much time touching the highway bein’ dragged behind the HEMI!....[emoji23][emoji23]

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
View attachment 123768

Finished em awhile ago. Went to install them back in and then it decided to rain >_< and realized how much i dislike the all chrome shrouds so I may redo them again.

Had my mind set on ordering a Corsa exhaust too then thought about it or could just go the cheaper route and order a Borla Xs muffler and a set of 5” tips and save myself quite a bit of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Those look good, I like the chrome personally.

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Do you have any idea of why??? Bad part or jumping up and down on tailgate or??????????
Thanks
Jay
My only guess is the cold weather... was on for over 4 years (their warranty online said 3 years). No jumping, I just opened the tailgate on a cold (in the teens) morning and heard the pop.

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
That’s not cool!!! How long did you have it? DeeZee is a pretty reputable company, I’d be getting on the horn with them askin’ what dafuq.....

I got a new one for my birthday! And it was on longer than 4 years.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My only guess is the cold weather... was on for over 4 years (their warranty online said 3 years). No jumping, I just opened the tailgate on a cold (in the teens) morning and heard the pop.

Thanks, just wondering. Have been thinking about getting one. I've read, like everyone has said that they are a really good company to do business with and their customer service is outstanding. Good luck getting a replacement.
Jay

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Thanks, just wondering. Have been thinking about getting one. I've read, like everyone has said that they are a really good company to do business with and their customer service is outstanding. Good luck getting a replacement.
Jay
Even lasting the 4 years it was well worth the money. I would recommend this mod to everyone!

CDARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are those Westin Nerf Bars?? If so do you have mud flaps on the front? I have the Westin's and am concerned that because of the way the nerf bars curve in at the front, there might not be enough room.

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Nice. Good for you bro. I need to wash mine as well, but living in the northeast sucks! lol
As soon as I retire, I'm outta here.

Car wash and freezing temps do not mix very well... it was hard for me to wash mine in 50 degree weather yesterday! Lol

2016 5.7L Ram 1500 QC

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Car wash and freezing temps do not mix very well... it was hard for me to wash mine in 50 degree weather yesterday! Lol
True story.
I wish it were 50 degrees here. 46 degrees and sunny out here today though. Snow is melting pretty good though.

tma777

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are those Westin Nerf Bars?? If so do you have mud flaps on the front? I have the Westin's and am concerned that because of the way the nerf bars curve in at the front, there might not be enough room.

I have Westin steps and put the factory flaps on mine before I put my flares on. I was concerned with them fitting with the steps too but had no issues at all. Not the best pic but it’s all I have from when they were on.

6BCA5800-9C44-4CD9-A9B0-A9370D803781.jpeg

CDARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Westin steps and put the factory flaps on mine before I put my flares on. I was concerned with them fitting with the steps too but had no issues at all. Not the best pic but it’s all I have from when they were on.

View attachment 123853

Thanks for your reply. I will look into that.
Nice looking truck by the way.