What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Used the 1500 to haul free comic books and FuncoPop's. ;) #Nerdery #FCBD2019

;) Yes, I made sure to pick up my freebies, specifically this one #BecauseMopar #WhenYouSeeIt

STL111658.jpg

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Note: if you have a 2017 SLT, then yes, you have a cabin air filter. I thought I was going to have to carve out a door for mine, but there it was, and just in time from the looks of it. New filter is to the right. Betting they put the old one in back in Warren, MI...

0504191446_HDR.jpg

Buck19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It’s ok. No change to performance or mpg. It’s my opinion it’s just for looks. Living in California my choices are very limited for a CAI so I gave it a try.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Note: if you have a 2017 SLT, then yes, you have a cabin air filter. I thought I was going to have to carve out a door for mine, but there it was, and just in time from the looks of it. New filter is to the right. Betting they put the old one in back in Warren, MI...

View attachment 165020
Yes it is! I was as pleasantly grateful to find that access cover when I opened mine up last fall, and it had to be the original...filled with cooties....

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
in-laws sold us their old trailer and will be bringing it here week after next. Just happened to find a CL Reese slider for $150. Went and picked it up and when loading it up, I realized why he had a chain hoist. Drove around a couple of day until could get to HF for an electric hoist. I had to fabricate some brackets to fir over the joists. I just need to put some cross braces to shore it up for S&Gs. Also picked up the in-bed wiring. I just need to wait until monday to order the rails and install kit. Just want to talk to someone in person before to make sure the Curt rails will work with the Reese slider. 20190503_184617.jpg

20190503_180635.jpg

20190503_183205.jpg

Also need to build a cart for it when it is not on the truck
20190503_184424.jpg

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
when you say paint correction... you mean correcting dings and scratches? yours looks badass and makes me think about doing the same.

No, they buff and polish all the swirls and light scratches out before coating it. Pretty much bring the paint back to when it was new. It’s kinda costly but totally worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
View attachment 164986 I added the Global Windows Down feature with AlphaOBD. It works great. Shame it wont do the rear doors too, but I will take it! Love that App!!!
Also, removed my SLT badge and replaced it with this one. This isn’t a “poser” badge as I believe I have enough performance mods to qualify!Thought it was pretty cool.

I’m jealous, that’s one of the main reasons I got the alpha but I can’t do it on a 2012. [emoji19]

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Decided to make a set of rear adj upper/lower control arms. Decided to use sealed heim joints, and sealed heim rod ends. Open heim joints do not hold up to salt AT ALL! Sandblasted the 1 7/8" schedule 80 dom tubing, coped it today, and Tig welding them tomorrow.
Will post pics after welded, primed, and painted.

Hopefully you saw those actually kick off center a tiny bit and made a fixture based on the originals to accommodate the few degrees. (Saw someone make that mistake and laughed my a$$ off.)

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
I learned that I have two batteries in my truck.. Who knew.
Installed bypass cable and speedturtle module.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m jealous, that’s one of the main reasons I got the alpha but I can’t do it on a 2012. [emoji19]

That stinks...sorry. I had the feature on my 3rd Gen TL and I loved it. It would drop all 4 windows and the sunroof on command from the fob. Great in summer, since car was Nighthawk Black and hot leather seats. At least with the Ram I can vent some of the air out...

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
That stinks...sorry. I had the feature on my 3rd Gen TL and I loved it. It would drop all 4 windows and the sunroof on command from the fob. Great in summer, since car was Nighthawk Black and hot leather seats. At least with the Ram I can vent some of the air out...

Can this be done on a 2014??

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe its 2013+ but I cannot be certain. Others will chime in that are AlphaOBD gurus here. It will only drop the front windows on our trucks though. Just double tap unlock and hold the button on fob down on 2nd press until windows retract all the way if desired.
But you need AlphaOBD app and the little bluetooth MX plug in to program it.

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I believe its 2013+ but I cannot be certain. Others will chime in that are AlphaOBD gurus here. It will only drop the front windows on our trucks though. Just double tap unlock and hold the button on fob down on 2nd press until windows retract all the way if desired.

Thanks for the extremely quick reply!!!

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this a factory option on any truck? I've never seen any trim level do it. Is it basically an Easter egg for our trucks?

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Global Down? (Roll the front two windows down from the FOB)

Sure can in a 2014. Just did it to mine two days ago along with several other changes using the OBDLink MX and AlphaOBD software.